PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade hotel

Karlos
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has upgraded to a different hotel once they were at Disney. It's because at the time of booking we could only afford Pop Century, but now our circumstances have changed and we would like to stay at Animal Kingdom. We have asked are tour operator, but they are fully booked, so i thought i might ask when we get there!!!:mickey:##Thanks

SBETigg
08-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I think you are more likely to get something if you call ahead than if you wait and see. Maybe try calling WDW on your own instead of going through an agent to see what they have available. Best wishes.

TammiMcMan
08-31-2007, 05:40 PM
We have asked are tour operator, but they are fully booked, so i thought i might ask when we get there!!!Definitely ask when you get there. It just depends on a few things, like current occupancy level and the availabilty of a code or discount that you may have used for your current room.

I think that in this case, where you're dealing with a travel company, you cannot make any changes to your own reservation. You can definitely call or check on line for the chances of an available room during your stay though. As I mentioned, it could just be that the package or code has been sold out and not necessarily a case of the resort being full.

dephenn
08-31-2007, 06:23 PM
It never hurts to ask. We wanted Animal Villas and were told that they were all booked up, but place on a wait list, and now we will be staying there, so deffinately don't give up. If they can they will after all its more money for them. You can even look into splitting your stay between the two places.

LoriR
09-02-2007, 02:48 PM
I moved from a moderate to a deluxe years ago after arriving and being unhappy with the resort and the room. You will have to pay the difference in price, of course, and you may not get your first choice of hotels. I'd go knowing where you'd like to stay, and give them some flexibility, and they may be able to find you another room. But there is not a discount doing an upgrade at the last minute, as there often is at other, non WDW hotels. You'll have to pay the difference between your current room and the rate for the room you are moving to.

If I were you, I'd call in advance, though if you have booked through an agency they may not be able to help you. Once you get there, tell the CM at check in that you would like to upgrade to another resort, and let them do it at the front desk, before you move all your bags and everything. that way, they can take care of that for you, and you can probably go off to a park while they move your belongings to the new hotel.

Again, I did this a number of years ago, so my information may not be completely up to date!