PDA

View Full Version : Whats everyone doing for Labor Day?

DizNee143
08-31-2007, 09:08 AM
YaY!! a 3 day weekend...for most of us anyway..i would imagine!!
whats everyone up too?
everyone having or going to one last BBQ for the summer?

disneydrmr
08-31-2007, 09:12 AM
My weekend is pretty busy.. tomorrow will be celebrating my oldest niece's birthday.. Sunday my church has it's Labor Day picnic after our AM service so gotta make some Calico Beans and a Fruit Salad for it... then Monday I plan to sleep in REALLY late, and just veg around the house and watch DVDs all day.. got a recipe for a Cheeseburger Meatloaf I'm gonna try... Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

conorsmom2000
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
We actually have a very quiet weekend planned! Most of our family/friends seem to be away - and to be honest, I'm kind of glad it will be quiet! I've started my term as PA President at Con's school so I'm going to be busy getting stuff ready. We have a welcome tea at 8:45 am and 12:30 pm on the first day (Wednesday) for new parents to the school and the realization that I'm the one that has to get up and speak to them about the PA, School policies etc., just hit me and now my nerves are working overtime! :blush:

Hopefully it will be warm enough to swim a little (we've barely used the pool these past few weeks :( ) and we may take a trip into NYC on Sunday (hello, World of Disney store! :D )

Hope everyone has a great 3 day weekend!!!

JanetMegan
08-31-2007, 10:42 AM
got a recipe for a Cheeseburger Meatloaf I'm gonna try... Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

It's not Paula Dean's Bacon Cheeseburger meatloaf is it? I've been wanting to try that ;)

I'm going to do some crafts (almost finished with my SIL's baby shower scrapbook gift.) Maybe watch a movie and do a lot of cooking for friends. Fried Chicken tonight, maybe homemade Fajitas tomorrow etc. Normally I would be spending all weekend on the lake, but the weather looks cruddy.

JanetMegan
08-31-2007, 10:45 AM
P.S. How could I forget college football and Nascar ;)

January-2007
08-31-2007, 11:08 AM
I get to go to work and have customers comment all day about how I shouldn't have to work since it's Labor Day. :bang: Happens every holiday I work. Question is, if they don't think I should work, why are they shopping?

DH has a paid day off. Lucky guy.

Ariel_Fan
08-31-2007, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=JanetMegan;1404171]It's not Paula Dean's Bacon Cheeseburger meatloaf is it? I've been wanting to try that ;)

We've tried that recipe and its GOOOOOD. I don't like the old fashioned kind of meatloaf (not a fan of ketcup), but with the BBQ sauce its excellent. My husband can even make it (sorry for all of you gourmet chef guys that I may have just offended).

My husband and I are going to the Nebraska home opener game tomorrow. Spending time with extended family at a picnic on Sunday. We'll probably spend Monday at the pool. Have to get in that last time.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend!

Momof2boys
08-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Tonight we're tailgaiting and going to the Brewers game.

Saturday we're going to the Renaissance Festival.

Sunday I'm going to a concert.

Monday is resting day. Plus I need to start packing as I leave for Vegas on the 7th. Plus we need to go order Nathans' birthday cake, and get items for the goodie bag.

Stay safe !

ldn324
08-31-2007, 12:55 PM
Well I personally have been waiting for this holiday. In addition to my FT job, I've been managing a local live theatre since June and our season ends Sunday. Starting Sunday at about 6 pm, I'm officially ON VACATION from every job!! YAY ME!

Monday I'm sleeping in, then DH and I are packing the car and boat and headed up the our state park to camp through Thursday. Everyone's checking out Monday so we basically have the campground to ourselves! Fishing, nature watching (bald eagles live in the park, amongst other critters) and basically just enjoying peace and quiet. Friday I have a 1/2 day at the spa to reward myself for my hard work this summer :cloud9:. Then Saturday we are headed into the city (NYC) to putz around. Sunday - just taking it easy and having a "cooking day" where I'm just going to cook all kinds of stuff all day just for fun since I haven't gotten to do that since June.

All in all, it's just about my perfect holiday week!

Happy Labor Day to everyone else too! I hope you have an enjoyable holiday!

Davyjones
08-31-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm working this weekend. I'm a zookeeper, and since I haven't trained the animals to take care of themselves, I'll have to do it for them. ;)

The worst part about it is that there is a city park next door, and every year they hold Rib America Fest at it. Imagine working 9 hours a day smelling barbeque all day. I have such bad carnivore cravings from it! It is not fun. :thedolls:

kakn7294
08-31-2007, 02:55 PM
On Saturday, I'll be sleeping - I work tonight. On Sunday, we've been invited to a picnic at friends' house. On Monday, we'll probably just hang around at home until I have to go to work in the evening.

IloveJack
08-31-2007, 03:18 PM
We'll be sleeping in tomorrow (late night planned tonight), then watching the Vols opening game. Sunday we're heading to Knoxville to watch Boomsday (the largest fireworks celebration in the Southeast). Then Monday we'll be sleeping in to make up for the extra long day on Sunday. We'd planned to go canoeing, but the creeks are so low, I'm afraid we'd end up carrying the canoe more than we paddle it!

gueli
08-31-2007, 03:28 PM
I too will be working tonight (friday)- I work an overnight shify. Tommorow is my turnaround day (Back to normal sleep)- so...
Sunday is lunch with DW's aunt J9 (who just won 2nd place for a painting conteset, she is an amazing woman)
I am on standby, so I could be called to work at any time...but its not a bad gig- a Minumum 4 hours OT (or Double time, depending upon day) every time I get called in (even if it takes me an hour or less to fix the problem). I gotta pay for disney somehow (alright this trip is paid for, but...)

PS :quote: ldn324 Then Saturday we are headed into the city (NYC) to putz around. :quote:
if you head into chinatown, there is a wonderful noodle place called Marco Polo's noodle shop - inexpensive, filling (if you ordered the duck 'soup' it is like half a duck on top of noodles) and really nice (like many NY restaurants not very big, but what a find).
Well I hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday (even those who have to work)
:mickey:

DisneyDog
08-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Tonight we are going to a high school football game, since my DH is teaching the marching band's drumline (only staying until just after half-time, ha ha).

No real plans for tomorrow. Sunday will be busy. We've been invited to join our friends to swim at the YMCA (very new, and more like a country club than a Y), then, we are going swimming (again) at my dad's house in the evening and staying for dinner.

Not sure what we are doing on Monday. It's DS's 5th birthday, so we should do something fun for him (his party isn't until the 9th). We might go to the Battleship New Jersey or maybe to Lancaster to visit a farm.

bleukarma
08-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Today I’m going out to Channelside with some friends for some :marg::beer: and dancing. We’re all busy people so this is a night we had to coordinate around everybody’s schedules. I’m looking forward to it!

Tomorrow I may go down to the Ringling Museum in Sarasota. A friend’s brother and his girlfriend are in town from NJ and they want to go there and I may tag along since I’ve never been. We may also hit a nearby beach while we’re down there.

Sunday I work at JC Penney’s from 1 to 8:30 so working is probably about all I’ll do.

Monday I’m off at my office job so I may try to go see a movie. Then I have to go into JC Penney to close at 6.

A little mix of fun and work!

Everybody have a safe and happy holiday weekend! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi, I'll be working in the ER for --

12 hours Thursday
14 hours Friday
16 hours Saturday and it's my birthday
12 hours Sunday
NOTHING but studying on Monday, maybe have some BBQ.

DH, will be working (firefighter)
14 hours Thursday
24 hours Friday into Saturday
12 hours Sunday
12 hours Monday

Gotta work to pay for the next trip to the world for christmas!!

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy Labor Day weekend!!

mrsHerbie53
08-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Just got back from HS football.
Saturday work on laundry room remodel. Sunday -- not sure.
Monday - WORK!!! Classes are in session at the college I work at and I am in a position that I have to work Labor Day! But I'll get another day of sometime. So it is OK.

I will go to a family picnic when I get off work.:party:

mrsgaribaldi
09-01-2007, 02:28 AM
I'm working Sun, Mon and Tues night. Then I'm off for 8 days. We are going to Disney World next Saturday. I can hardly wait :woohoo:

sportsguy2315
09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Last Night: Went to go see the HS football team lose to one of the better teams in the state.

Today: College Football-a-rama

Tomorrow: MN State Fair w my dad

Monday: Meeting w my producer and watching the Noles opener

Lacy
09-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Just relaxing Sat & Sun...watching some college football and taking care of the house. Working on Monday so I can use my holiday day on Thursday for my trip to WDW!

Hope everyone has a safe weekend!

snifflesmcg
09-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Sat-Working
Sun-Working
Mon-Working
Tues-Working

Sunday.........Leave for Disney World!

SBETigg
09-01-2007, 02:15 PM
We're still recovering from our WDW trip, got back Thursday. Today, I'm putting together trip reports. Sunday, we have a family barbecue and celebrate my mother's birthday. Monday, I rest because Tuesday will be a big day. The kids go back to school and my book comes out, so I have to start a big promotional push, plan my touring schedule, and I'm on deadline with a new book due to my publisher by December. I'll be crazy busy for the next four months so I plan to enjoy my Labor Day weekend off (even though my house is a mess and my laundry is piled high-- where's Mousekeeping when you need them? :)).

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-01-2007, 02:18 PM
DH does not have a three day weekend. He is a 911 Dispatcher and works rotating shifts, so...

Today he is on a day shift and the kids and I are hanging out at home having a lazy day. We may go get a bite to eat when he gets off at 3:30.

Sunday he is on another day shift. I am not too sure what the kids and I will be doing. It is my Dad's b-day so I was thinking the kids and I would take him out to breakfast or lunch. DH, the kids and I will probably grill some steaks and hang out at home tomorrow evening.

Monday, he works at 4-12 and the kids and I are going to the beach for a back to school party with a bunch of school friends. It should be a nice day and the kids are looking forward to it. It is probably their last official beach day since they start school on Weds the 5th. :party:

Mousefever
09-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Monday is a bitter-sweet day. It is the day of my cousin's birthday party. We will be meeting up at a park and having a cook-out. But it's also the 5 year anniversary of my mom's death. So I'll laugh a little and cry a little and everything will be OK.

:dory:

aurora, ariel, and bell
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Monday I'm PACKING....leaving at 3am for Disney!! YEA:mickey:

amd780
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
We visited my Mom's side of the family on the NJ shore. My sister and I went to the beach yesterday, which was wonderful :cloud9:. Today, we're just relaxing at home.

Have a safe and happy holiday, everyone! :)