PDA

View Full Version : Another DL trip, with a surprise twist for the kids!

Tink&Goofy
08-31-2007, 01:41 AM
We returned late Tuesday from our latest DL trip. Our DDs 5,12,15 knew we were going, but not that Grandma & Grandpa were coming - until they showed up at our door at 4:45am acking to come! I probably should have warned the neighbors about the early morning squeals and shrieks! :jaw::joy:

Day 1 - Just the Girls - DH & Grandpa didn't join us until late evening. This was my Mom's first trip EVER to DL. It was so neat to see her take in all the sights and sounds as we walked down Main Street. Don't you remember how overwhelming it was the first time?? We introduced her to the Tiki Room, PofC, Corn dogs on Main Street, and of course, Small World.

Day 2 - The guys join us. Its been 45 years since Grandpa has been to DL - so a few things have changed!! We had a wonderful lunch at the Blue Bayou. I had never eaten there, and always wanted to - although I always thought it was all about atmosphere and hype. But the food was Wonderful, and it was a very special meal!

We are off to a great start! 3 more days to go!

ChipnDaleGal
08-31-2007, 09:02 AM
Lots of good stuff going on here - surprising your girls, watching your mom take it all in and just spending time together there with your whole family. Very nice. Glad you enjoyd the Blue Bayou. I love the atmosphere in there. :mickey: