PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Service

WDWDAD4JESS
08-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Just returned from our yearly excursion to visit the house of the mouse. I have seen many postings from people who have had a unsatisfactory experience of one kind or another so I thouth that I would share a exceptional experience I had at the Coral Reef in EPCOT. I had ordered the grilled tuna steak for dinner (medium rare - is their another way). When my family and I received our meals and I began to eat it was apparent that although not well done, the steak was cooked far past what I had requested. No matter, I was hungry and of course in a great mood (duh, I'm in Disney). Now I am a fast eater so by the time our waiter strolled by the table to casually see how we were enjoying our meals I was half way finished. We all responded to his question stating that our meals were fine and continued to eat. Within 5 minutes our waiter, was back at our table with an entire new meal meal for me and stated "Sir, I couldn't help but notice your steak was not prepared as you requested so I had another one prepared, I hope you enjoy it." Now remember, I did not utter one single complaint. This was the service I had come to expect from Disney over the years and it made me feel great to see it still exists.

So, to our waiter Riley, Disney should be proud to include you in it's list of Cast Members.:thumbsup:

If you have had a similar experience with exceptional service please post.

dolphinmickey9170
08-30-2007, 09:47 PM
:mickey:Now Riley sounds like my kind of CM!! Awesome!

julyjewel
08-30-2007, 10:51 PM
I have encountered some great CM's too. Wilnette at the BBB was great with my daughter. Also at the Music resort a CM by the name of Yeng, I believe was very nice. he rung up the total wrong and my kids got free pins from him. What a nice gesture.:thumbsup:

January-2007
08-31-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-31-2007, 09:38 AM
I am torn if I should move this to the dining forum or to Mousellaneous. Your post deals with exceptional service in the dining area, but I think you may get more general good cast member stories if this is in Mousellaneous. So I am going to move it to that forum.

But first - let me thank you for sharing such a wonderful and upbeat Disney experience. So many people are very quick to complain about problems, but I would much rather read about such a shining example of great Disney Cast Members. Thanks! :thumbsup:

offero
08-31-2007, 09:48 AM
I like to hear stories like this. when we returned from our last trip we were amazed by how great almost all the CM's we meet were.

Is there a specific place for people to post thank yous or Kudos to good CM's?

Dyanna
08-31-2007, 10:15 AM
You should write to Disney & give a great big :thumbsup: to Riley. Maybe he will get a promotion out of it. I am sure that CM's get more letters about complaints that anything & it would be great for them to see that they have a wonderful employee working for them. This is the kind of CM that makes a trip magical!

tink2006
08-31-2007, 10:22 AM
On our most recent trip, beginning of August, we had several CM that were exceptional. One in particular was Betsy at POR. I think the resort was close to capacity with guests (I know, unusual for August). When a resort is so full, it is hard to plan for adequate bus service to the parks. Betsy, however, made this her priority. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus. Every morning/afternoon she was out there directing bus traffic according to guests needs. On several occasions, she brought in coach buses to get through the rush. Every time we headed to the bus stop we knew Betsy would be there and our wait time would be kept to a minimum.. Way to be there, Betsy :number1:

grumpyguy
08-31-2007, 11:46 AM
ya know everyones level of expectation is different and i fully understand that.even my
expectations are high at wdw because i think it's part of what you pay for as part of a vacation.i also am in the customer service industry so i understand not everyone is happy all the time,but an exceptional cm does make the difference in our vacation experience.
last sept "franny" at the coronado gift shop and i became good friends by the middle of our stay.i actually was excited to get back to the resort each day to talk about our day and she was expecting to see me.we sent a postcard to her when we got home thanking her for her freindlyness and hope she got it..
thanks cm's for helping in making wdw my first choice for a quality vacation.:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
08-31-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm seeing alot of negative post's lately...I thought we were are all talking about the happiest place on earth...so with that, how about another good / praise type post......we have had excellent service and food at Boatwrights at POR......they seem to go out of the way to make you feel special.....this past year my wife had ordered something she hadn't tried before, and when she got it, it wasn't to her liking.....the CM "sensed" it, because we didn't say anything about it...we thought it was on us, as she made the choice......the CM asked her if she would like another selection at no additional charge....what a place......like no other....

BMan62
08-31-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm seeing alot of negative post's lately...I thought we were are all talking about the happiest place on earth...so with that, how about another good / praise type post......we have had excellent service and food at Boatwrights at POR......they seem to go out of the way to make you feel special.....this past year my wife had ordered something she hadn't tried before, and when she got it, it wasn't to her liking.....the CM "sensed" it, because we didn't say anything about it...we thought it was on us, as she made the choice......the CM asked her if she would like another selection at no additional charge....what a place......like no other....

I had the same type of experience at Jiko back in Feb. I ordered the Marinated Ahi Tuna as my appetizer. I took one taste and :sick: The CM waiting on us, I don't remember his name, saw that I wasn't eating it and asked if there was something else he could get me instead. I declined his offer, but made sure he knew how much I appreciated his service.

bleukarma
08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
You should write to Disney & give a great big :thumbsup: to Riley. Maybe he will get a promotion out of it. I am sure that CM's get more letters about complaints that anything & it would be great for them to see that they have a wonderful employee working for them. This is the kind of CM that makes a trip magical!

I agree! :mickey:

There are so many positive stories I have that it would be hard for me to chose one. But it's what keeps me coming back again and again.

disneycouple2004
08-31-2007, 03:13 PM
I Have also noticed alot of bad posts about Coral Reef...i have never had anything less than exceptional service and food from there. It always shocks me when i read those horrible posts about it, as a matter of fact anywhere in Disney it surprises me, everone has a bad day now and then but not at Disney...go figure ..:thumbsup:

MMouse6937
08-31-2007, 05:40 PM
I am alway surprised too when I read here about bad experiences. We have had nothing but great experiences with CMs at WDW. Last time we went to the CBR the lady that checked us in was so kind and moved our room to a great location right by the food court, etc. She was so accomodating. I also had an exceptional CM at BTMRR who was concerned that I was scared my first ride and then he checked when I came back around to make sure I had a good time. We always have great experiences at WDW, that's why I plan a trip there every year and why as soon as I get back I'm planning the next one. :thumbsup: I'm definately going to keep track of any wonderful cast members on this trip so I can write guest services about them. So many times I haven't and I regretted it. 17 days!!! :D

mickey&missy
08-31-2007, 07:36 PM
Wow! What a great story! I can't believe he noticed that!

We have never really had a negative experience with a CM. I have to say I have had few really great CM's. A gentleman who was selling merchandise outside Playhouse Disney had a wonderful conversation with us about him and his wife retiring and working at WDW and how they have the same schedule so they can still spend time together. He was sooo sweet! A gentleman and a lady who worked in the Merchantile in WL. Both remember me and my family and both asked my kids what they had done that day and asked if they were enjoying their trip. The women who worked at the pin trade kiosk in WL lobby who curtsied to DD when see walked through the lobby dressed in her cinderella outfit after BBB (DD's eye lite up!) The very sweet mousekeeper who was cleaning our room when I went back to get our raincoats. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy and even offered to leave the room so I could do what needed to. Then she left us a towel duck!

I could keep going, as I think of something I think of something else!

I know people say negative things. But really, if the majority was a negative experience we wouldn't all loved it as much as we do! The outstanding service adds to the magic. That's why a negative experience is such a shock!

katzctkpt
08-31-2007, 07:44 PM
I sure wish disneycouple2004 had posted the positive feed on CR back in June before we went. We had ressies for CR and kept them until the day of. That morning we decided to cancel because of all the negative feed. Now I wish we'd kept it and tried it. Well, there's always next yr. Maybe...

cheshirecollector
08-31-2007, 08:40 PM
I remember years ago needing a safety pin at the Studios - a button came off my clothes. I checked a store to see if they sold them there, maybe as part of a sewing kit. The employees there could have just said that they didn't sell them. But no, instead they took several minutes to search for a loose one for me, checking cash registers and behind counters. And they found one! No charge, of course. :thumbsup:

julyjewel
08-31-2007, 10:55 PM
I really LOVE this thread. it's so great to read all the good things. I'm still on my Disney high and it's almost been a month now since I have been there.:cloud9:

Here we go again...
08-31-2007, 11:05 PM
This is from my trip report in September last year:
"Today started off as what I though was going to be a really bad day. We planned to get up early and go to Typhoon Lagoon and then Epcot for EMH. When I got out of bed, I could barely stand up, my knee we was gone… (not really gone, it was still there… just horribly painful) It was hurting me pretty bad yesterday, but I thought it was just from the rain. I was so upset. We were looking forward to going to the water park all week and I knew there was no way I was going to be able to walk up and down those steps and hills. I hated to ruin the day for Taylor and Bobby. When they woke up, I broke the news to them. We discussed it and decided that they would still go to the water park and I would stay in the room. Then we found out that Pop would lend me a wheelchair so plans changed. I got a chair, Bobby and Taylor put me on the Epcot bus and they took off for the water park planning to meet me later. Well, this is when my day changed…

When I got to Epcot, the bus driver helped me off the bus and even pushed me out a little way so I would have a straight shot to Epcot. She asked me if I was okay, and I said I was fine and started on my way. Well, the wheelchair I had was not made for one person. The wheels were so far back it was hard to push. And who would have known that the entire walk way to Epcot was uphill??? I was struggling to move and ready to give up. I would have been happy to just get close enough to sit and look at Spaceship Earth all day; I just hated the thought of sitting in the room all day. I was ready to cry and I felt hands on the back of the chair pushing me. No, it was not a miracle but it was my guardian angel. It was Brenda, my bus driver! I have no idea how she got away from her bus, but she said she was not going to let me struggle to get to the park. I told her that I was worried that she would get in trouble and she said that she was getting off work in a half an hour any way and all she would be doing was complaining about the heat. This gave her something to do. I know there was a lot more to it than that, but I was impressed. Not only did she bring me to the park, she got me in the gate and then brought me to the wheel chair rental place to get an electric scooter. She said she was not leaving until I got one and she meant it. I got the chair and thanked her a thousand times. My day could have been ruined, and she showed me the true Disney difference. Her name was Brenda Carlyle. (I am not sure of the spelling of the last name) I plan to send a long letter to Disney as soon as I get home. She told me that she has been with the company for 25 years… and she has not lost the Magic. I can not put into words how much I appreciated what she did for me. My last day in the World, and I wanted it to be special. Well, she made it happen."

After that trip I sent a long letter to Disney telling about my experience. I received a call a few weeks later telling me that Brenda would receive a special award and be recognized in a meeting. That made me feel really good. I have looked for her every trip back but have not run into her again. I keep hoping....

clou1028
08-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Angel, what a great story that is, thanks for sharing! What a special person Brenda is! I'm so glad you sent a letter and she got some well deserved recognition!