PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon - Qs

Linda13
08-30-2007, 06:52 PM
I am new to the Dining Plan and we are considering it for next May. I thought the kids might get a kick out of Whispering Canyon. Would I have to order off of the menu or could we all get the family-style meal? Thanks.

bcornette
08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
You can all order whatever you want. We normally have half of people get the family style BBQ and hte other half get other items on the menu.
Everything is great, I especially like the rainbow trout.

J.T.Toad
08-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Dear Linda13
Like bcornette said you can order what ever you like off the menu.
The only problem I have had with Whispering Canyon is Ketchup. My Kids love it and there is never enough to go around. I would suggest that when you check in you let the Cm know that you like it and you don't wish to share a bottle with another table. Two years ago we had to share our bottle with no less than three other tables. Last year I mentioned this to the CM while checking in and we didn't have a problem. I do realize I am a bit petty on this issue, But we Californians love our Ketchup.

Good luck
Toadie

#1donaldfan
08-30-2007, 09:53 PM
We really liked it too, plus WL is awesome to visit. Just like jtoad earlier, we had problems with ketsup too....maybe this is such a popular place that the servers don't catch the little things. Just make sure you ask for it when your seated, that way you don't have to wait, plus it might not be a bad idea to ask for water right off too, that way your covered.....Please don't get me wrong this place is great, the service is top notch, it's a definate DON'T MISS....

katzctkpt
08-31-2007, 12:11 AM
I had the salmon and it was very good. I'd do what several mentioned 1/2 order the bbq and then order a couple different entrees and sample everyone's if you don't care to share. Our kids ordered the bottomless milkshakes. Then they decided that it was to much MShake after the 3rd glass so, I would suggest to ask the CM to bring a glass of water for each when you order.

Momof2boys
08-31-2007, 11:58 AM
We had the All You Can Eat and the boys ordered off the kids menu. We all loved the food, and it's become a family favorite.

martinfamily5
08-31-2007, 12:03 PM
The ketchup thing is part of the act. We find it very humorous.