PDA

View Full Version : changing babies in the parks

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-30-2007, 06:15 PM
We are headed to WDW on Sunday morning... YAY! My DD's are 8 months and 2 1/2. I know there is a baby station in each of the parks, but I was wondering if there are also changing tables in the regular bathrooms throughout the parks? Or do you have to haul back to the baby station everytime they need a change? Also, is there a place in the baby stations to feed the girls? Well more the 8 month old baby a bottle and some baby food?

THanks!

BTW... I have been reading INTERCOT since we booked this trip in May. There have been some WONDERFUL ideas that we are planning to utilize on the trip! Thanks for the tips!

WishingStar2006
08-30-2007, 06:39 PM
yes, there are the usual "baby changing" hard surface areas in each of the restrooms for baby changing...probably not the most comfortable but they are there.

Enjoy your trip....you are to be commended for trying this with two little ones!!!

DestinationWDW
08-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Yes! There are baby changing stations in the bathrooms throughout the parks. Haven't used baby centers in awhile....I know they have rockers and believe they may have high chairs to feed children....Moms with younger ones I'm sure will come along and help! Have a great trip! :mickey:

catsmommy555
08-30-2007, 06:43 PM
There are baby changing areas in each of the bathrooms but make sure to bring something for the baby to lie on they are hard and of course they are being used by multiple babies everyday. The baby care center is great especially when you look down and the baby has lost the only bottle you had with you and they are screaming for one!!!

TysMomTink
08-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I used the baby centers for my then-4month old son in May and found them great. There are changing rooms with five or six changing tables equipped with plenty of liners. For instance, in the Magic Kingdom baby center there is a room with plenty of high chairs and mommy chairs to feed your child in comfort. There's a child sized table and chairs too so your older child can sit and enjoy a Disney movie. Plus anything you forget can be purchased there. The changing areas are ok in the other bathroom in the parks but I didn't notice many disposable liners so you'd need to have a blanket or something of the sort to lie your baby down on. Enjoy your trip!!!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the info...
No for question #2... Are there also changing tables in the MEN's rooms? or just the women's? Gotta get DH to take SOME of the responsibility!:blush:

wcvlav
08-30-2007, 08:58 PM
My wife and I shared the changing responsibility on our trip about a month ago.

teambricker04
08-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I agree... bring a changing pad for the regular restrooms. They are just like at the mall, but cleaner. Much cleaner.

I like the baby centers. It is worth a walk back to them... especially if the 2.5 yo needs a bit of a break too. I have a 2.5 mo and 2.5 yo and we are going again in Nov. My 2.5 yo HATES being changed on a changing table, but was more comfortable in the changing center. Plus, we took a break and sat in the cool air while he watched movies and played with legos. All of them have places to feed the babies, sell necessary items, and all the staff are VERY friendly.

Also, some of the regular restrooms have vending machines that sell wipes and diapers.

Have fun... I think you'll find going to Disney with a baby and a little person is easier than you imagine!

And YES! The mens rooms have changing tables too!!!

January-2007
08-31-2007, 09:26 AM
I don't have any additional advice, as I don't have any children yet, but I just wanted to say something real quick...

:welcome: to Intercot!!! Glad to have you here!

EmmMOM2
08-31-2007, 11:26 AM
I had a 16 month old their and i didnt find changing to be a problem at all, you can always find somewhere to change them ! Have a great trip

jclightchasr
08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the info...
No for question #2... Are there also changing tables in the MEN's rooms? or just the women's? Gotta get DH to take SOME of the responsibility!:blush:

As a father of three I can tell you that the men's room absolutely do not have changing tables in them :thedolls:
OK, there may be a few if not all of that do but don't tell your husband I said anything.:secret:

Main Street Jim
09-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Both men's and women's restrooms (just about) all have changing stations in them in all four parks. Also, another (cleaner, easier) option is to use the "companion" restrooms if there's one available.

PLEASE, please (and this is not directed at any one poster)...do not change your diapers ON THE TRAINS....LOLOLOL....