PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished rooms at CR

maizey05
08-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Have any of you stayed at in the refurbished rooms at the Contemporary? They look really neat, and well...contemporary. Also, is it really true that they're taking Concourse away? I've always wanted to stay there, and would like your opinions.

maizey05
08-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Hasn't anyone stayed there yet?

DisneyCrazy
08-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Have any of you stayed at in the refurbished rooms at the Contemporary? They look really neat, and well...contemporary. Also, is it really true that they're taking Concourse away? I've always wanted to stay there, and would like your opinions.

I stayed at the CR in 12/06 (staying there again this Dec) and for the most part liked the new rooms. The rooms have flat panel TVs and also have computers with free internet access (at least it was free this past Dec). I didn't particulary like the bathrooms. There is not alot of shelf space between the sinks, the towel rack is on the other side of the bathroom accross from the bathtub/shower, and there is no lock on the door - there's a sliding door accross the entrance. There is a lock on the door which accessed the toilet.

Concourse Steakhouse is closing sometimes in 2008. The Food & Fun Center on the first floor has been closed and this space is being converted to a new restaurant, "The Wave". Once The Wave opens (projected to be in April 2008), Concourse Steakhouse will close and that space will be converted to Chef Mickey's Express, the new quick service restaurant.

ilvdisney
08-31-2007, 05:10 PM
I stayed at the Contemporary in August '06. The room was very nicely decorated and the beds and pillows were sooo comfortable! The only two problems we had were that there was not enough drawer/closet space to hold all of our clothes - we were a party of 4 and we stayed for 10 days - and the sinks in the bathroom were flat and it was hard for the youngest to reach the faucet and it was hard to clean out cups and stuff.
I would highly recommend this resort - we stay there just about every year and love it! Can't wait to see the new 4th floor!