PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen a CM tactfully put a rude guest in their place?

SignguyTom
08-30-2007, 04:03 PM
A couple of years ago I was in Tomorrowland at DLR and overheard a group of teenagers giving some of the trash guys a hard time. They were saying stuff like, "Wow...glad I don't have your job..." and "Is this the best job you could get...?" They were being mean and condescending, but the CMs just ignored them.

Well, I thought that was completely uncalled for and rude. About the time I was shaking my head wondering if their parents really never actually taught them manners, these guys broke out the drumsticks and began their "STOMP"-like percussion routine. At the end of their performance (AWESOME, btw) one of them said loudly "Wow! We LOVE our job!" Though they seemingly said it to nobody in particular, I know it was directed at that group of kids - you know, the ones with BOTH feet in their mouths! Poetic justice at its best!

Raye3201
08-30-2007, 05:05 PM
That's a great story - I hope it taught those kids a lesson they'll never forget.

:blush:

laprana
08-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow! Now that's funny! I bet those kids had the taste of sweaty socks in their mouths for quite a while! I haven't seen anything like that myself, but I have seen teens and kids being rude to CMs who pick up the trash or clean the bathrooms, those kinds of things. It's really a shame because those are the CMs who I feel are some of the "unsung heros" of WDW! They're the reason the parks are so clean all the time, which is one of the small, but important reasons WDW is so enjoyable. Without those CMs, WDW would be a whole different place!

cheshirecollector
08-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Notice that the ones who are making fun of them are the ones who are too young to have started looking for a job yet? They'll change their minds later. :D

Speedy1998
08-30-2007, 06:08 PM
I have seen a CM refuse to serve a woman who cut in line for resort check-in. When the woman start to complain the CM just looked at her and loudlysaid "When you wait in line like everyone else I will serve you."

The long line of guest waiting to check in broke out in applause.

DizneyRox
08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I have seen a CM stop the tram and ORDER guests to get off as they boarded after he made a last call annoucement. It was pretty funny, because they knew who they were, and when they had to get off and had to wait behind the line like they were told, everyone else knew as well. They were left standing there alone waiting for the next tram.

I guess that what happens when you don't follow the rules.

J9
08-30-2007, 07:26 PM
There was a woman in Keystone Clothiers once who wanted a particular shirt that we no longer had in stock, but was displayed in the window. We explained we weren;t allowed to sell the display items, but this guest just opened up the panel in the wall and grabbed the shirt, cussing at us. One of the senior CMs in the store checked her out so that us CPs wouldn't have to deal with her. When she was folding up the shirt, the CM said "Ma'am, I can understand why you really want this shirt for your daughter. The fading and the pinholes really set it apart. It really is a shame we can't give discounts on such sought after items like this. What a wonderful gift for your daughter, she'll love it!" The guest shut her mouth, grabbed her bag, and left the store.

letsdoitagain
08-30-2007, 07:32 PM
At the Bibbity Bobbidy Boutique a few weeks ago a guy was complaining that they were an hour behind. The cast member just smiled and told him thanks for being so helpful and patiently waiting and she hoped to run into more guests just like him because that wold just make her day.

She should have slapped him around for being so rude.

TheRustyScupper
08-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Have you ever seen a CM tactfully put a rude guest in their place?

1) Concierge at a Deluxe resort.
2) Guest ranting about not getting a prized ADR.
3) Concierge saying it simply was not available.
4) Guest said "They shouldn't let such dummies work behind the counter."
5) CM politely said,
. . . "I'll get a manager, because you are obviously observant."
. . . "I am a simple CEO who took an early retirement."
. . . "And my two Master Degrees don't help much".
. . . "Now, I am helping guests the best I can."
6) The guest was dumbfounded.

tink'72
08-31-2007, 03:49 PM

5) CM politely said,

Great story!!!

McGoofy
08-31-2007, 05:42 PM
In all of my many trips to the World, the only encounter that I can really think of is one time when we were lined up on Main Street for the Spectromagic Parade. A lady nearby us was smoking, and a cast member told her that the area was non-smoking and pointed out the nearest smoking area. She got very rude with the CM and told him that she paid good money to come in the park and that she had been standing for a long time to save that spot on the street, etc... She was litterally yelling at the CM. The CM didn't respond with anything witty or condescending, but made it very clear that she was not backing down and that it was park rules that the lady was in a non-smoking area. Eventually the CM won out and the lady did move.

JohnnyJayhawk
08-31-2007, 06:50 PM
I've also seen it with the smoking issue. I've heard that a lot of folks have had no luck getting CMs to enforce the smoking rules, but anytime I've asked them to intervene they don't hesitate.

LoriMistress
08-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Wow! Now that's funny! I bet those kids had the taste of sweaty socks in their mouths for quite a while! I haven't seen anything like that myself, but I have seen teens and kids being rude to CMs who pick up the trash or clean the bathrooms, those kinds of things. It's really a shame because those are the CMs who I feel are some of the "unsung heros" of WDW! They're the reason the parks are so clean all the time, which is one of the small, but important reasons WDW is so enjoyable. Without those CMs, WDW would be a whole different place!

I read a story on another board about how one day, he decided to give a CM a magical dream. He walked up to a CM who was cleaning up trash in the MK, and gave this nice heart warmth thank you for making for bringing every guest feel special. He guy was touched and said you're welcome.

magicofdisney
08-31-2007, 11:25 PM

5) CM politely said,
Were the initials of the CM, TRS?

Main Street Jim
09-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I had to get a group of rowdy teens off the train at ToonTown not long before I was, uh, "let go". I was applauded loudly by the rest of the guests in that particular car...LOLOLOL

#1donaldfan
09-01-2007, 10:16 AM

5) CM politely said,

I love it when rude people get knocked down a few notches.....some people think just because "your" working while "they" are on vacation, "you" are lowly and not worthy......when I retire, I'll be there, so I'll have to remeber this quote.....