PDA

View Full Version : About Pixie Dust...

The Bookseller
08-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I am living for WDW tomorrow for my annual trip. Right now, i am packing and putting things in order around. I think it's the perfect time for me to reflect on the last year and to be grateful.

You see, a couple of Months ago, my mother was in front of a diagnostic of breast cancer. This was the last health issue she had in many years and the worst damaging for her health. So, since I am overpowered by even the smallest cancer, I came here and asked for some Pixie Dust.

I never knew what I was about to unleash.

My mother went to surgery in a timely fashion and it went well. The surgeon removed four lymphatic nodes close to the tumor and they all have been tested negative for cancer. The aftermath was more like a roller coaster; during recovery, many red-flags were raised when my mother started feeling pains in different areas. Extensive scanners were made on her bones and brain to detect a possible resurgence of Cancer, they were all negative.

At that time, I thought it was over. The Pixie Dust ran it's course and my mother is now cruising gently on the seas of cancer survivors.

I was wrong.

You see, when my family became a single-parent household two decades ago, my mother made everything possible to be sure that my and my little brother were well-fed and dressed. We never had to deal with poverty because of her. On the other side, she literally broke her health to maintain our situation. When she got her initial cancer diagnostic, she was on disability leave due to a work related injury to her left elbow. This was at that time the last health problem out of a string of them. If we add her high-pressure issues, the situation was bleak.

The government office who manage the fate of the injuried workers in my province is known to be cruel and driven by beans counters. Many workers have to fight for years (or decades) to get recognition for their handicap. It is a soul-less machine with no compassion...

... Until a speck of Pixie Dust got stuck in the gears.

A panel of doctors studied the case of my mother. Her past injuries, her high-pressure, her cancer and all the red-flags following it prompted them to declare my mother invalid to work. Since she was on disability leave, the popper channels were activated to turn it into a pension. She received the papers today; She's on a governmental pension for the rest of her life. She will never have to work a single day again...:cloud9:

I am living for WDW tomorrow for my annual trip. I already know that this trip will be special. It will be the trip where I will know that the Disney magic works. :mickey:

murphy1
08-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Have a wonderful trip, that is truly wonderful for you all and especially your mom!! I have my next scans coming up in October two days after I get home from my trip, I am living in the moment and truly enjoying my life.

BrerSchultzy
08-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! I hope you have a wonderful trip...I'm sure you will. I will keep your mother in my prayers, and I will keep the flow of :pixie::pixie::pixie: going that her recovery and retirement keep going smoothly. I'm sure that the magic works so well for you, because you are so generous with your kind words and support. I have read numerous posts from you, and your positive attitude and obvious kindness really shine through. Your mom must be very proud!

Have a great trip!

Terra
08-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Ah the power of :pixie:!!!

And much more :pixie: on the way!!!!!
Can't wait to read your trip reports when youg get back!!!

mickey&missy
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
What a wonderful story! I'm so glad your Mom got her pension and will be taken care of, sometimes good things do happen to those who deserve it!

Have a wonderful trip and lots more :pixie: for your mom!

bleukarma
08-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Here is some more in hopes that you have a safe trip and your mom has recovers from everything perfectly! :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

The Bookseller
08-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Thank you all for the nice words!

I have to go now, WDW is waiting! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

ElenitaB
08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Enjoy your trip to WDW and soak in the pixie dust!

Your post has me crying... I pray that your mom gets to enjoy her retirement and that the income shields her from further financial worry. I hope that less stress will allow her to dedicate time to herself.

P.S. Please don't dis the "bean counters." Some are as described or they wouldn't have earned the reputation or nickname, but others (such as the ones I work with at a Big Four accounting firm) are truly wonderful, caring people. We have awesome programs to support our employees and our communities and I'm proud to say that I work with some truly great people who happen to be accountants, or some accountants who are truly great people.

Dsnygirl
08-31-2007, 08:00 AM
I am so glad to hear how well things turned out for your mother... that is awesome, and quite amazing, actually!! Never underestimate the power of that :pixie::pixie:!!

Have a great trip -- you sure do have a lot to be thankful for, and I'm sure your trip will be totally wonderful b/c of it. :thumbsup:

January-2007
08-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Thank you so much for sharing, gave me chills! I am so glad that your mother is doing better and that she doesn't have to work anymore, what a wonderful blessing that she can now concentrate on her own well being and not have the everyday stresses of life get as much in the way of that.

:mickey: You are going to WDW today-- Have a great trip!!! :pixie: