PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on ticket prices

Anthony
08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi everyone, I have not been to the boards in a very long time. I was born and lived in Florida my entire life until 7 months ago. I live in Vermont now. We are planning a trip back to Florida in mid December and I was plannning on spending 3 days in the parks. My problem is I am looking at ticket prices and they seem crazy, $75 for a one day, one park non hopper. $216 for a 3 day non hopper. $264 for a 3 day hopping ticket. I am having a really hard time justifying these prices to myself when I can take them to Universal for 2 days for $85 a piece. I also have to ask myself at what point should I refuse to buy tickets to Disney and just take a stand. Can anyone suggest discounts? I am aware of AAA, but that only knocks about $15 off each ticket. Any ideas? Ranting over.

Thanks

DizneyRox
08-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Disney tickets are seldom discounted significantly. Most of the third party resellers are within a few dollars of each other.

Discounts I know of are:

CM, AAA, third party (like OTC), and then the Military discount. The only ones that everyone can get is the third party discount.

CM tickets aren't that cheap and only sold to the actual CMs. AAA I think you need to be a member, but the price of membership is worth it (although you won't save enough on just the tickets). Military discounted tickets are for active and retired personel. Not for everyone who was ever in the military.

DVC members get a substantial discount on the annual pass, but it will cost you at least $15,000 to get that. It's only for the members they can't buy them for others.