PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Cinema

Dyanna
08-30-2007, 12:03 PM
I see taht this attraction will be closed from Oct 8th - late Nov. Can you tell me what was it exactly as I have not been there in a while. Are they actually doing a refurb or closing it for more retail stores as I have also read.

Toad
08-30-2007, 12:41 PM
It's been a retail store for almost ten years now. For many years, it was a small movie theater that initially showed a variety of silent short films (by such filmmakers as Chaplin, Keaton, Arbuckle, etc). Sometime in the late 70's, the theater began showing Mickey Mouse shorts and by 1994 it was showing a film called "Mickey's Big Break." In 1998, however, the theater was changed into a retail store.

I'm not quite sure what they are doing during this rehab. Perhaps someday, Main Street will be restored to its original glory.

BrerStitch
08-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I thought Main Street Cinema was where the Virtual Magic Kingdom kiosks were located right now. I had heard that VMK is being removed from there, what is replacing it I don't know.

lindique
08-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I think I read that the store that used to be in the castle (which is now becoming the BBB) is moving there. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

J9
08-30-2007, 07:42 PM
What does BBB stand for?

chrisb26
08-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Main Street Cinema is where VMK is currently located it is closing in Magic Kingdom on September 31 after that I am guessing they are going to turn it into something but I am not sure what it is.

What does BBB stand for?

I believe bibbitie bobbitie boutique which I dont think is spelled correctly :blush: