PDA

View Full Version : Frustration with the Process

DizneyFreak2002
08-29-2007, 08:16 PM
OK, let me vent please....

I joined the DVC with a CM friend of mine (their discounts are sweet).... Well, anyway, I purchased 140 points at SSR.... I paid the deposit, the closing fees, and there was another charge which I forgot... Anyway, DVC sent me the contracts which I had to sign and send back... They would then send the paper work to my friend, who would have to sign as well... Anyway, I received the wrong mortgage form... So DVC sent me the proper form... I signed all the contracts, got the mortgage document notarized, attached my voided check for automatic debits of the monthly payments... All seemed good....

My friend then received the package from DVC after I returned it, and NO FORMS... I don't know how many people I spoke to regarding this issue, but no one helped me... I was concerned because my personal information was floating in space somewhere and no one in DVC had an explanation for me... My friend and I then spoke to a Vanessa who basically told us we did not know what we were talking about because the person who packs the FedEx boxes would never make that kind of mistake... She was rude and very crass... Vanessa then sent via over night a second set of contracts for me to sign.... Well, after going through the forms, I noticed two things... 1) Vanessa screwed up... She did exactly what she said they would never do.. She left out a form... and 2) I received someone else's contracts!!!!!!

I signed MY forms and returned the documents with a letter complaining about the terrible service I was receiving... I got a phone call today from Vanessa's manager apologizing for her rudeness and confirming they received my paper work and sent it out over night to my friend... She then told me they were going to compensate me some way for all my troubles, but she didn't know just how because she was waiting on approval from her managers.... She then gave me the tracking number and we hung up...

I checked FedEx website and noticed the package was left at my friend's front door... I called her right away and got her husband... He went outside, looked in the front, side and back of the house, NO PACKAGE!!!!! We called FedEx and they assured us the package was delivered... My friend told them that he searched the bushes, and all around his property and there was no package.... Now FedEx has a trace going for the package.... This has been nothing short of frustrating and has gotten me to a point where I want to call back and cancel the whole thing....

Horizon93
08-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow, that is an incredible streak of bad events. I hope that it all works out for you. Don't give up on DVC. When you take that first magical trip, it will all be worth it.

I hope that DVC compensates you in a very generous way!

DizneyFreak2002
08-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Wow, that is an incredible streak of bad events. I hope that it all works out for you. Don't give up on DVC. When you take that first magical trip, it will all be worth it.

I hope that DVC compensates you in a very generous way!

Anything short of 1000 free points will not be generous... LOL.... Nah, I am curious as to what they are going to do, because, she said she had to get it approved from upper management... I never knew upper management had to approve compensation... I figure she would throw a water bottle in a FedEx box and over night it daying HERE IS YOUR COMPENSATION... So maybe they are going to do something out of the ordinary since, well, they royally screwed up??? I will for sure let you all know....

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Wow..What a nightmare. I hope you can get it all sorted out. I would have been pretty ticked if our DVC purchase went that way.

Good luck!!

DVC2004
08-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Wow, sorry about the issues. Things wil work out for you soon and you'll be enjoying your memership.

Pooh Fan
08-30-2007, 10:13 AM
WOW! I just bought points through a resale process outside of Disney. The biggest reason that I almost did NOT do resale was becase CM's pushing DVC through Disney said that an experience like yours was common through resales, but would never happen direct from Disney as they are experts with this as they do it every day! Anyway, I agree with the earlier response. Don't give up. Once it's all set up you'll be thankful you stuck with it.

disneycouple2004
08-30-2007, 10:21 AM
WOW..thats a rash of bad luck..we had no problems at all like that...it did take forever, but we didn't have any kind of problems like yours...hope it all sorts out soon...no telling what they may do for you, maybe it will be big:D

keep us posted !!

oh and WELCOME HOME !!!

i love that >>:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
08-30-2007, 07:12 PM
I just received a call from my guide at the DVC... She was very apologetic about what I was going through... She offered me some compensation because of the issues, which I accepted wholeheartedly... I called FedEx again about the missing package... They still have the trace on it....I was promised a call by 5:00 PM with an update... Well, now it is 7:10 PM and no call... My guide promised we would get this fixed... I told her I hope so because I am losing faith in DVC and FedEx.... More updates as I get them.....

Horizon93
08-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, at least your guide is being helpful. Let us know what happens with FedEx.

Tinkermom
08-31-2007, 09:24 AM
I just received a call from my guide at the DVC... She was very apologetic about what I was going through... She offered me some compensation because of the issues, which I accepted wholeheartedly... I called FedEx again about the missing package... They still have the trace on it....I was promised a call by 5:00 PM with an update... Well, now it is 7:10 PM and no call... My guide promised we would get this fixed... I told her I hope so because I am losing faith in DVC and FedEx.... More updates as I get them.....

WOW! I can't believe how many times they have messed up with you. And now Fed Ex too? I am sorry you are going through this. I can only imagine your frustration.

If I may ask, what was the compensation? I am thinking an Annual Pass or two might be something they would offer.

DVC Mike
08-31-2007, 11:11 AM
On the brighter side, this will only rank as a minor issue when compared to the years of enjoyment you'll get with your DVC membership. It's too bad things are not going smoothly initially. I guess it can only get better going forward!

DizneyFreak2002
09-02-2007, 12:20 PM
DVCMike, a minor issue?? Check this out now... My friend took a drive over to Celebration at the request of the manager I was working with, so she could sign the forms in person.... So yesterday, around 10 in the morning, my friend went to their offices, as per a scheduled meeting her and the manager set up.... She was greeted with rudeness and attitude.... MY friend ignored it and proceeded to sign all the proper documentation.... Before she left, the manager at DVC told her everything is now good and that they would be over night mailing the forms to me to sign.... My friend left.... She called me to tell me all was good.... I thanked my friend and let it be... She went out for the day yesterday, and when she returned home, she had a message on her voice mail that Disney forgot to give her THREE of the required forms.... Now, how can you make this mistake THREE TIMES????? Honestly, do they have incompetent people working there or what????

DVC Mike
09-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Yes, you're ticked off. You may feel like just forgetting the whole DVC thing. However, like I said, this won't amount to a hill of beans once you begin enjoying your vacations. All the mistakes by the DVC admin/sales folks will be quickly forgotten. It may not seem like that right now, since you're upset...

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Yes, you're ticked off. You may feel like just forgetting the whole DVC thing. However, like I said, this won't amount to a hill of beans once you begin enjoying your vacations. All the mistakes by the DVC admin/sales folks will be quickly forgotten. It may not seem like that right now, since you're upset...

I am hoping you are right.... One reason I joined was because I go so often, it was worth it.... You know, they won't even let me use my points yet because the contracts aren't signed and on file.... I tried to tell them the reasons why and they wouldn't hear of it.... The compensation they are giving me are fast passes and a $50 dollar gift card.... They could have done better than that.... But they also didn't have to give me any compensation.... So who am I to complain about that, ya know???

DVCMike, I know you are right... I will be enjoying all the vacations I take with the DVC... I just cannot believe all the bad luck I am having with it so far....

MinnieMommie
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM
This is a bit like an out of control comedy of errors. I agree with DVC Mike though. You will be enjoying many years to come of Disney vacation memories as a DVC member. Muster all the patience you have and get through this. It will be worth it in the end. I am sorry for your troubles and realize you must feel very disappointed. :mickey:

PetefromRI
09-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I think that I've heard enough not to become a DVC member.I know of many other timeshares that I've visited in the Orlando area that treated us very well and to be quite frank,the deals were better and they compensate you just for checking them out.Fast Passes and a 50.00 gift card just won't cut it,sorry Disney.

DVC2004
09-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I think that I've heard enough not to become a DVC member.I know of many other timeshares that I've visited in the Orlando area that treated us very well and to be quite frank,the deals were better and they compensate you just for checking them out.Fast Passes and a 50.00 gift card just won't cut it,sorry Disney.

DVC dosn't need to compensate just to be checked out, and frankly I hope they never do. Cheapens the whole thing in my opinion. Timeshare places "deals" aren't really deals- they need to offer more in order to get people to buy. I know many who joined these other timeshares only to find they were completely misled.
To each his own I guess! You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to go to another company's timeshare presentation let alone join.

Horizon93
09-04-2007, 09:56 AM
DVC dosn't need to compensate just to be checked out, and frankly I hope they never do. Cheapens the whole thing in my opinion. Timeshare places "deals" aren't really deals- they need to offer more in order to get people to buy. I know many who joined these other timeshares only to find they were completely misled.
To each his own I guess! You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to go to another company's timeshare presentation let alone join.

Agreed. While the process doesn't always work perfectly, such as in this case, DVC usually does it right.

DizneyFreak2002
09-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Agreed. While the process doesn't always work perfectly, such as in this case, DVC usually does it right.

Well, they have done mine wrong, and continue to do mine wrong... one month now, and STILL no paper work on file... And it is all Disney's fault... I can understand people making mistakes... But the attitude I received and the way I was talked down to was uncalled for.... Don't tell me Disney is perfect and they don't make mistakes, then go and make the same mistakes you say they don't make.... That is why they are compensating me... They messed up... They are trying to make it right... As well they should.... It is all about customer service, and so far, their customer service has been nasty and down right rude to me.... Never mind that they cannot even get the paper work right.... I lost faith in the people who work in DVC.... I just hope by the end of the year they finally get my paper work right.... Pathetic is the only way I can describe them to this point....

Tigger&Stitch
09-05-2007, 01:05 AM
After all that, I'd say "forget it" to the whole process! You've gotta wonder if you should move forward when the whole process has been so incredibly difficult.

Honestly, if I were in your situation, I would have dropped the whole thing weeks ago and gone with a reseller.

Also? Yeah, the compensation was nothing compared to how they've acted towards you and messed up your paperwork (nevermind the risk they put you in as far as identity theft!).

I'd ask for more, if you plan to continue with them (as in points for free, or a weekend stay at a resort of your choice). We got more compensation with the Animal Kingdom Lodge messed up our room key for a day!

One more thing - the DVC does pay you to check it out. Last year, we received $100 for checking out the new Saratoga property.

DVC2004
09-05-2007, 02:47 PM
One more thing - the DVC does pay you to check it out. Last year, we received $100 for checking out the new Saratoga property.

RIght now there is a small "thank you"- fast passes or $15 gift certificate given- for touring, and they don't always give them. BTW, did you join or were you only touring for the $100?

DIsneyfreak, after all that's happened I think you should ask to speak with a sales manager or contact Jim Lewis. I am so sorry all this happened and I can understand the bad taste from this.:(

Ian
09-05-2007, 03:19 PM
WOW! What a mess ...

I have to admit, though ... our experience wasn't exactly top notch with them either. They were slow delivering on a lot of their promises, paperwork was hung up, and some things they just flat out never did.

Like for example, I still haven't received a PIN # for DVCMember.com. I've called and asked twice now ... nada.

I also have no trouble believing you were treated with some arrogance and condecension. I've seen it myself, not just with the DVC folks, but with a lot of Disney resort staff in general. A lot of times I get an attitude from them like, "Hey. We're Disney. Be glad I even deign to speak with you and just thank your lucky stars we allow you to stay here."

Not good ... I hope they get your situation sorted out for you, but I have to say at this point I'd be looking for A LOT more than $50 in compensation from them or I'd be very tempted to throw the whole thing out the window.

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Just a little update: I received the paper work today, which my friend signed on Saturday... I now have to get a notary for a 3rd time.... I should complain that this is the third fee I am paying for a notary now.... Jim Lewis??? Is he a big time manager for DVC????

DVC2004
09-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Just a little update: I received the paper work today, which my friend signed on Saturday... I now have to get a notary for a 3rd time.... I should complain that this is the third fee I am paying for a notary now.... Jim Lewis??? Is he a big time manager for DVC????

Jim Lewis is the president of DVC. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I'll keep his name in mind... The sales managers were the people who approved the fast passes and voucher... I doubt I will get any more from them.. Which is fine.... I am not looking for compensation.. I am simply looking for this to get taken care of... Ian, I called up and got my pin number but I have yet to log on.... I have yet to receive it the mail... I was also I would get an email, but never got that either...

Tigger&Stitch
09-06-2007, 02:43 AM
Yes - we were paid $100 just to tour for the day - the invitation was in our room at the Wildnerness Lodge.

As for DisneyFreak - if you still want to go for it, I'd suggest asking for compensation for the last two times you had to see the notary. Let's face it, you had to because of THEIR mistakes, not yours. They really are lucky you are willing to go forward after all this!!

Horizon93
09-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Well, they have done mine wrong, and continue to do mine wrong... one month now, and STILL no paper work on file... And it is all Disney's fault... I can understand people making mistakes... But the attitude I received and the way I was talked down to was uncalled for.... Don't tell me Disney is perfect and they don't make mistakes, then go and make the same mistakes you say they don't make.... That is why they are compensating me... They messed up... They are trying to make it right... As well they should.... It is all about customer service, and so far, their customer service has been nasty and down right rude to me.... Never mind that they cannot even get the paper work right.... I lost faith in the people who work in DVC.... I just hope by the end of the year they finally get my paper work right.... Pathetic is the only way I can describe them to this point....

DizneyFreak, my apologies. I was not referring to your situation, I was responding to the post that I quoted. What you have gone through is inexcusable.

I think that you should contact Jim Lewis. If you are being treated like this, others must be as well.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2007, 06:26 PM
DizneyFreak, my apologies. I was not referring to your situation, I was responding to the post that I quoted. What you have gone through is inexcusable.

I think that you should contact Jim Lewis. If you are being treated like this, others must be as well.

I sent my thrid batch of documents back today.... In the envelope I included a well written letter to Jim Lewis.... I am not holding my breath that I will hear back from him, or that more will be done as far as compensation, but, I wrote it anyway.... The letter probably won't even make his desk... Good thing I made a copy of it huh??? LOL....

DVC2004
09-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Well I hope you hear back- let us know if you do. I am counting on that things will be made right for you.

YOu are probably not in the mood for this, but Welcome Home. I am sorry this was such a poor experience and I hope that the future brings nothing but good things and happiness with your membership.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Well I hope you hear back- let us know if you do. I am counting on that things will be made right for you.

YOu are probably not in the mood for this, but Welcome Home. I am sorry this was such a poor experience and I hope that the future brings nothing but good things and happiness with your membership.

I am in the mood for any nice welcome from the DVC members here or from DVC themselves..... Thank you for the well wishes... The only reason I put up with this nonsense is because I love Disney so much and I know I will enjoy the DVC.... Plus, in the end, it winds up being cheaper... it really does....

Horizon93
09-07-2007, 08:08 AM
:welcome: Home! I must have missed it. Where is your home resort?

Maleficent's Dad
09-07-2007, 08:27 AM
:welcome: Home!

:clappy::yay::joy::yay::clappy:

Ian
09-07-2007, 08:43 AM

DizneyFreak2002
09-07-2007, 05:56 PM
:welcome: Home! I must have missed it. Where is your home resort?

:clappy::yay::joy::yay::clappy:

Thank you, thank you... My home resort is SSR..... Stay tuned..... There may be some more information to come... A new issue I may have to deal with.... Once I know more I will come back and vent... LOL....

Tigger&Stitch
09-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Just another quick note - if you want to make sure your letter to Jim gets to him and is noticed, send the copy you have certified and to his attention. No way they can say it was lost!

DizneyFreak2002
09-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Just another quick note - if you want to make sure your letter to Jim gets to him and is noticed, send the copy you have certified and to his attention. No way they can say it was lost!

I do have a copy of the letter.... Do you know his address at the DVC?

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Well, it appears everything is finally done... My co-signer friend went to the offices of the DVC today to sign the final document.... Hopefully now the frustration will end.... Disney may have messed up once, but, FedEx wound up being the bigger headache... I never saw such horrible service and nastier attitudes from customer service reps than I did from FedEx... More like FedUp... I just want to contact my guide tomorrow and find out who her immediate manager is.... I want to let her manager know how wonderful she was.... Now that this can finally close, I can finally say I'm home LOL....

Horizon93
09-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Glad to hear the long process has finally come to a succesful close. Now the fun can begin!

dephenn
09-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Welcome to DVC. Guess I was lucky we bought from home in MA. No issues at all. If I had the troubles you had had I think I would've just flown down there and taken care of the paper work right there. What ever they gave you for compensation glad it was worth you siscking it out and you will be too.

wendy*darling
09-13-2007, 09:59 PM
:welcome: HOME!!

Now you can relax and start planning your first trip!

DizneyFreak2002
09-14-2007, 08:25 PM
:welcome: HOME!!

Now you can relax and start planning your first trip!
Already started planning lol.....