PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom Tour

letsdoitagain
08-29-2007, 06:37 PM
My wife (JulyJewel) and I are planning our 10 year anniversay at WDW in Dec 2008. I was thinking about doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour because I'm facinated with the behind the scenes workings of amusement parks and Disney is the ultimate.

Has anybody done this tour recently? Thoughts?

sillyolbear
08-30-2007, 08:18 AM
We've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour--me twice and my wife once. We found it to be informative and quite fun. Both times I've done the tour, I've had great guides. Some say it ruined the magic for them, we both found it to be the opposite as it made us appreciate the magic all the more.

Be prepared to stand quite a bit as they try to find spots for you to sit occasionally but for the most part you are on your feet 3/4 of the tour.

like2workout
08-30-2007, 08:56 AM
if you like behind the scenes information (like me), this is definitely the tour for you! i loved it. great information and lots of trivia that you'll remember as you're walking around the magic kingdom after the tour. i highly recommend it!

Shugoondola
08-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I took this tour a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot. I really liked going "backstage." Our guide, Rae, was great and really knew her Disney trivia. Some things we went over I already knew, but that was ok. We got to go to the front of the line for Haunted Mansion and the Jungle Cruise where we had our own boat. Lunch was at the Columbia Harbor House. There is a lot of walking so be prepared for that. The utilidors were interesting.

I'd like to go on this tour again.

:mickey: