PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations

Jessie
08-29-2007, 04:53 PM
My mind is already there, yes!

I've never gone during the Holidays so I have no idea what the hotels themselves look like done up for the Holidays. Which hotel would you say is above the rest in terms of a Christmasy feel?

DisneyDudet
08-29-2007, 06:00 PM
They all are done up very well!

The Grand Floridian, I think, is great! They have a huge and beautiful tree, plus a Gingerbread house that is almost life size! Its fun to look at and its all real and made my hand!

Also, Y&BC have their own specials, like a carousel made of chocolate!

Animal Kingdom Lodge's tree is decorated with authentic African ornaments. That tends to be the place we stay at Christmas!

I haven't made it over to WL at Christmas, but I hear that it is gorgeous as well.

Have fun! You're going at the most beautiful times of the year!

disneycouple2004
08-29-2007, 06:16 PM
You will be amazed at how big Christmas is at Disney..:thumbsup:..Try to see all you can, for sure the Osborne Lights at MGM..very impressive...yes the GF is the one to see..there are decorations everywhere so see all you can...you will love it :D

see ya there Dec 22-29th
114 more days and counting:cloud9:

Strmchsr
08-29-2007, 06:38 PM
look in Info Central under the holidays section and see "Christmas Celebrations." It gives you a breakdown of the special stuff at each park and the resorts.

Mandykay
08-29-2007, 06:39 PM
ALL the resorts are amazing at Christmas! Animal Kingom Lodge is my favorite...the fires in the fire places make it even more toasty. The HUGE Christmas tree in the soaring lobby is amazing! If you can, try to make a loop of the monorail resorts, and another of the EPCOT resorts. Each resort has it's own theme, and each seems neater than the one before:mickey:

PlutoToo
08-30-2007, 02:44 PM
No one has yet mentioned Wilderness Lodge. It also has a fantastic tree, swags on the balconies inside, a fireplace. And last year when I wandered through there was a Bell Ringer group performing carols. Really worth seeing.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
08-31-2007, 08:00 PM
I think the Wilderness Lodge has the best decorations! :mickey: It is already the most beautiful and the Christmas decorations only enhance it.

Janmac
09-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Disney does Christmas in a big way - they don't just put out one or two or three poinsettias but a whole tree of them, etc. Everything is like that - the resorts, parks, everywhere.

But I think the thing I like the most about Christmas at Disney is the decorations by the guests. We haven't been during Christmas itself but usually visit in December and almost always bring some lights to put up. No matter what you bring, you'll see grander guest displays.

That's the fun part. If you have time, travel around Fort Wilderness to see some major displays. I can't imagine how long it takes to get all those decorations set up.

Jan

Piglet822
09-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Check out my pics from last Christmas @ Disney. I took pics of all the resort decorations.
My personal favorites were the Gingerbread House at the Grand Flo and the village scene at the Yacht Club. It was done up very well and was quite detailed.

Piglet's Christmas Pics (http://jpag822.smugmug.com/gallery/2206127#116843451)

iheartdisney
09-02-2007, 11:44 AM
We feel most "at home" at the Wilderness Lodge with the beautiful decorations and gorgeous trees but we LOVE to visit Grand Floridian with its Gingerbread House and live Christmas music.

Stan
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Here are a few GF Christmas photos from a few years ago- I've got to get over there and update them... 1 (http://flmemories.com/files/locations/images/GF_013.html) 2 (http://flmemories.com/files/locations/images/GF_001.html) 3 (http://flmemories.com/files/locations/images/GF_008.html)

mousetrapper
09-02-2007, 01:27 PM
It'll be our first time at WDW when the Christmas decorations are up and we can't wait! We'll be at Poly but we plan on checking out the other resorts -- especially AK, GF and WL!

:thumbsup:

Jessie
09-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Thank you SO much for all your info and insight! And thank you for sharing pictures. They're absolutely gorgeous! I look forward to getting there for the holidays. :mickey: