PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten reviews

julyjewel
08-29-2007, 03:39 PM
if anyone has ever tried Biergarten in Germany, let me know what your experience was like. How was the food? Overall service? is it worth it? thanks.

spinnerf
08-29-2007, 03:49 PM
I love Biergarden. I think the food is great, its a buffet with lots to choose from. The Beer is excellent as is the dinner show, they really get the crowd involved. One thing to consider is that you will most likely be seated with another family unless you have a large group. I dont mind this but some people do. Hope you have a great time.

Mandykay
08-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Everytime I've been there (5 or 6 times) both the food and the service has been great. If you go during the dinner hours there's an Ompah band playing. The inside looks like a quaint German village at dusk. Heads up though...you get seated with other guests at long tables.

kjmom
08-29-2007, 04:28 PM
We have eaten here the past 2 years. My girls love the band and the dancing when the crowd gets involved. The food is good, buffett style. My husband is a picky eater and he found something to eat and didn't complain

kakn7294
08-29-2007, 04:53 PM
We just ate there 2 weeks ago and were pleasantly surprised. The food was good, the atmosphere and decor was cool, and the band was great and very entertaining. Our waitress was like someone's grandma - she kept fussing over the kids. We were seated with 1 other family - our table sat 8. I'm not sure if there are larger tables than that.

January-2007
08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I've been to the Biergarten almost as many times as I've been to WDW, it's a family tradition. My DH absolutely loves it. The band plays at select times during the day, it's on the back of the Epcot times guide. In January we went for lunch and in May we went for dinner. It was definately less crowded at lunch, but there was a greater selection at dinner, so we'll be heading there for dinner in September. Everyone I go with always has a lot of fun and the food is terrific.

Wait... If everyone finds out how good it is maybe it will start being hard to get into....

It's terrible. :D

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-29-2007, 06:49 PM
We have eaten there many times.
It is a "must do" for us every trip.:thumbsup:

iheartdisney
08-29-2007, 07:51 PM
We love the Biergarten and for my husband, it's a must eat place for us! Considering it's buffet I think they do really well with food choices, preparation and presentation. Plus, the atmosphere is fun! You'll enjoy it!:thumbsup:

1EeyoreFan
08-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Biergarten is a must do for our family. I made the mistake of leaving it out when I made our ADRs for our upcoming Sept. trip. Silly me, I thought that DH might like to try something different. lol.

Needless to say, I cancelled and rescheduled so he would not have to miss out on his fave. We really enjoy the food, service and show.

Polynesian Dweller
08-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I have to re-inforce the heads up about being seated with other families if your party is small, like our 2. It can be very good, but, if the other family doesn't include you it can be very awkward (and everything in between). We had a great table of folks once and a good evening. But we also had a table that very much made us feel like we were intruding on their family's dinner. It was awful.

Its that aspect that makes me think that its unfortunate that this restaurant does not try to accommodate couples with at least some tables for 2 or 4.

DisneyorBust
08-29-2007, 09:53 PM
We have been to the Beirgarten a number of times and we really like it. Always have had good food and service. Live entertainment is great! Try and book your dining just slightly earlier than the show time, you'll be able to enjoy the entire show while you eat.

08-29-2007, 10:45 PM
We ate here for the first time this past year and it certainly won't be the last. We loved everything about the Biergarten. The food, the service, the entertainment, etc. We had a party of 8 so we had our own table.

snifflesmcg
08-29-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm so glad the OP asked this. I have ADR in September and was wondering what everyone thought of this. I have a 6:35 ADR, does anyone know if the band will be on around this time. Also, do they try to seat you with like people? We are just a couple.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-29-2007, 11:48 PM
It is one of my favorite Disney restaurants. We tried it for the first time last year and loved it. It is now going to be a tradition. The band is so much fun to watch. The food, beer and service are great. The two times that I've been they have sat us with other people that really didn't have much to say so sitting with strangers wasn't really a problem. Also we were sat at the end of the table. 30 more days and I'll be eating there again. :beer:

Spaceship Tigger
08-30-2007, 08:00 AM
But we also had a table that very much made us feel like we were intruding on their family's dinner. It was awful.

Its that aspect that makes me think that its unfortunate that this restaurant does not try to accommodate couples with at least some tables for 2 or 4.

I've never felt like my family (or even my wife and I when we were alone) were intruding on anyone else even though there was at least one time where the other people looked uncomfortable. People know that they will be seated with others in advance - they are told so at the hostess station. If they don't like it, then they shouldn't be in there.

I've even heard of some people getting nasty looks when people ordered beer. That might make me order two.

DisneyCouple07
08-30-2007, 10:53 AM
My DW and I had a great time there while on our honeymoon last year. It was a fluke that we tried it (couldn't get ressies anywhere else) and now we're are going again this year. We even got the special honeymoon table (for two) in the back and they even played some music to congratulate us-it was great. :mickey:

Deansgal85
08-30-2007, 11:03 AM
We are going there in November as the advice from a good friend! We have a reservation for 8:30 ish---I can't remember off the top of my head---will the band/dancing still be going on???

:beer:Here's to the "nasty" looks for ordering a beer...or two!!!:D

ldn324
08-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I recommend Biergarten highly :thumbsup:

Although we have gone several times, last year when DH wanted to go I was hesitant. I kept thinking - great, sausage (which I dont' eat). But knowing how much he enjoys it, I gave in and you know, I had such a wonderful experience! There is so much more than sausages. I even tried the dill cucumber salad (I normally don't like dill) and I LOVED it. Such a great way to experiment with foods that you think you might not like. You may end up surprised with new things that you really enjoy. I'm also a dark beer lover and that's definitely the place for that!

As far as sitting with other families, we too have always enjoyed sitting alone. I'm not good at awkward small talk. When we were seated last year, there was an older couple who appeared to be rather well off and a 40-something couple - husband was a tech guy and wife was a nurse. DH is a large, heavily tattoed biker guy with a goatie and I have not-so-traditional hair and several tattoos myself. At first glance we thought that it would be an awkward situation. But that was one of the nicest dining experiences I've ever had with strangers. Everyone was so nice, we had wonderful conversations - even ended up that the older couple was from Wilkes-Barre, PA which is only about 45 minutes from us. I was quite moved at the fact that we all put aside any differences and just had a nice time. Gave me a whole new outlook on dining with strangers. Now three different cultures who might never approach each other on the street had a wonderful bonding and true appreciation for the other all in the matter of about an hour. Tell me that's not a "magical" experience that you may only find at the most magical place on earth :mickey:.

So in closing, Biergarten gets my vote every time. Try some new food and meet some new people - you just might be surprised at how much fun you have!

Polynesian Dweller
08-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I've never felt like my family (or even my wife and I when we were alone) were intruding on anyone else even though there was at least one time where the other people looked uncomfortable. People know that they will be seated with others in advance - they are told so at the hostess station. If they don't like it, then they shouldn't be in there.

I've even heard of some people getting nasty looks when people ordered beer. That might make me order two.

I agree with you. I have never felt like I was intruding because that's how its set out. However, the other family certainly made it appear like the felt we were. They should have accepted that that is the way people are seated. Unfortunately, not everybody is accepting so a bad experience can happen at Biergarten.

Just pointing out that its a possibility that people should be aware of when they make their ADRs. At the same time, most people are friendly, accommodating and make a good evening of it.

TheMartellFamily
08-30-2007, 12:16 PM
If it is that good can you please tell me what is on the menu as for we a alot of picky eaters in our group that as of right now is slated at 21. I see the menu but I want to know what else is on there. Thanks for your help.

julyjewel
08-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for all of yuor inpiut so far. i didn't know they had a table for honeymooners. Is that part of the honeymoon package or do have to tell them about it when you make ADR's?

SBETigg
08-30-2007, 01:05 PM
We were at the Biergarten on 8/19. Excellent service. We enjoyed chatting with Marthy our server- pleasant, lovely woman. We had fun with our table mates- a family who moved from Germany to Orlando and love the Biergarten for the authentic food and experience.

The food was just okay for me. It was fun to try new things, but very heavy and lots of sausages (not really for me, but good food for what it is). The band was great fun and watching the kids dance around was hysterical. If you have little ones, they will probably really enjoy this meal for the chance to get up and move around. We don't have little ones now, but we enjoyed our time and watching all the fun.

Crow
08-30-2007, 01:24 PM
i have gone a few times, not the past few trips though.
i personally if solo dont go there as i like to eat wo other families usually.
ambiance 3:mickey:
food 2:mickey:
service 3:mickey:
drink :beer::beer::beer::beer:
buffet wise there are some on property alot better i think
if you havent been there its worth checking out once

January-2007
08-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for all of yuor inpiut so far. i didn't know they had a table for honeymooners. Is that part of the honeymoon package or do have to tell them about it when you make ADR's?

When I made our ADRs for our Honeymoon I had them note the special event for each place. When we were seated at the Biergarten on our Honeymoon they gave us a special table that only sat four. They said since it was our Honeymoon we could sit alone. :D I must add though, the place wasn't really busy at all, and it was lunch time. So during busier times they might not be able to have all those special little touches. Oh, and our waiter told the band, and they congratulated us.

mermaidmarian
08-31-2007, 05:00 PM
Another :number1: for Biergarten. It is always on our must list for dining. The food is pretty authentic Oktoberfest type of offerings; lots of great traditional German food to sample and enjoy.

You will be seated at a communal table, as this is customary in a biergarten. Unless I am mistaken, tables are usually fully seated at the same time, so the groups will be at the same point in their meal. I have yet to have a poor experience with our dinner companions - this past week we were there and the family seated with us had been to Germany on their honeymoon. Mom is from Germany, and thus ensued a great discussion of places and things seen. By the end of dinner, I really think she was close to inviting them for a long weekend at her house.

Go and enjoy. Remember to bring your appetite.

DisneyCouple07
08-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi Julyjewel,
We didn't know about the honeymoon table until they seated us (it's in the back and at the top, still part of the fun, but you sit just two at the table). We did mention it was our honeymoon when we made our ADR's so that may have helped (we also had our Just Married buttons which we got at town hall). Best I can say is give it a try:thumbsup:. Good luck. :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
08-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Love it! Love it! Love it!!! It is a MUST DO for us!!:thumbsup: