PDA

View Full Version : EVC rentals

septembergirl
08-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I have recently been diagnosed with a condition that may prevent me from doing as much walking as usual on our upcoming trip. I have never had to even consider special needs at WDW beyond taking a baby. I wanted to get info on the EVCs and any other things I should consider. I am really trying not to let this ruin my trip but I am a little bummed :(...

cal5755
08-29-2007, 04:36 PM
We are taking my dad this year (well mom and dad but mom always comes), he has a hard time walking so we inquired ourselves. I know you can rent them at each park for 35 dollars a day. They have to be returned everytime you leave the park though, we found that inconvenient and we found a place where you can rent it for a full week for 180 dollars and they deliver and pick up from your hotel. I am not sure if I am allowed to give you the site we rented from here in this post.... I am new to intercot... but if I am allowed I will gladly give you their site and or number!!

AuntDJ
08-29-2007, 04:43 PM
You might try to the seach link at the top...this topic comes up alot...There is some great info in the other threads...

Have fun!

DJ

TheDuckRocks
08-30-2007, 10:52 AM
We have a new sponsor here at Intercot:
http://www.buenavistascooters.com
I haven't rented from them yet, but have used Care Medical in the past and for my up coming trip am renting from Scooterama. There is also Walker Moblity but I've heard unfavorable comments about them.
You can also Google Orlando scooters or ECVs and come up with tons of info.
Don't feel bad about having to use an ECV, you will be very glad you did and didn't ruin your trip.:thumbsup:

AuntDJ
08-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Just wanted to chime in, that I have use Walker Mobility multiple times in the last year and have not had any issues with them.

DJ

Disney Doll
08-30-2007, 02:29 PM
We took my mom this year just after she finished chemo. We opted to get a wheelchair instead of an EVC. We didn't mind pushing her around and she liked not having to worry about learning to drive an EVC. They can be tricky to maneuver especially in crowds and especially if you are not experienced. I you decide to go with the EVC you might try driving one for practice the next time you go to the mall or grocery store.

Don't let it ruin your trip. We had a great experience with my mom and we found Disney to be very accommodating.

IloveDisney71
08-30-2007, 06:13 PM
If you decide to rent one from a Disney park - keep this in mind. If you are at a park, say the MK and you want to go back to your resort for a break but plan to return to the MK at the end of the day - tell the Disney rental CM's that you will be returning at the end of the day and they will HOLD that ECV for you. They did this for my husband so we didn't have to worry about going back and not having an ECV when we got there. Plus, they charged it so it was back at full power :thumbsup:

princessM0m
08-31-2007, 12:55 PM
If you do rent inside the parks you park hop, your receipt is good for the whole day and you do not have to pay a rental fee at the second park. However, availability is not guaranteed. Last year my father rented one at EPCOT but was unable to get one when he hopped over to the MK later that day. Just FYI. Renting one for yourself for the entire week may be your best bet.