PDA

View Full Version : Tips on ADRs

iheartdisney
08-29-2007, 02:57 PM
We usually plan our visits to WDW WELL in advance...but we just found out our daughter's school is participating in the Candlelight Processional at the end of Nov. and we scurried to get lodging reservations. Now we're trying to scramble to get ADRs and virtually nothing we want is available. I'm used to marking the 180 mark on my calendar and making them with plenty of time to get what we want. I'm not used to being told "No, nothing is available" To make matters worse, we've stayed concierge for the past 5 yrs or so and I'm out of practice doing this myself.(I know, spoiled, aren't I? :princess: but that's why we plan our visits well in advance: in order to save up our money to really treat ourselves!) Do I keep trying? Has anyone had luck? Do I call every day? Once a week? Is there a time of day that's better to call? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

MMouse6937
08-29-2007, 03:13 PM
First of all, how exciting to be going back "spur of the moment"!

I would call every day if I were you. That's what I did when I was trying to get an ADR at O'hanas. People are canceling and resceduling all the time. Just hang in there and I'm sure something will come up.

Good luck and have fun!! :thumbsup:

Mickie the Pooh
08-29-2007, 03:27 PM
YEs keep calling but also if you don't get anything before then go to concierge at the resort you are at when you arrive they may be able to help you.

boys_school_tn
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM
We've ALWAYS been able to get a table service restaurant the day we go to the park. We can't stand planning ahead so we go to guest services in the morning, and take what people have cancelled at the last minute. We've always gotten at least one table service a day, even during the busiest seasons using this method. We may not get our first choice, but we always get something.

illini
08-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Keep calling, and aim for every day. Persistence pays off. I called and cancelled an entire week's worth of ADRs a couple of weeks ago, including a Cindy's breakfast-- I know I made some people very happy with good times at good TSs. I had to scramble to make our new ones, but after about 5 days of calling, I ended up with everything I wanted. I'll keep calling every so often to try for better times, but I'm OK with how everything is right now.

Also, what about trying out some new places? Since this is kind of a bonus trip, that's a perfect opportunity to try something different.

Kairi_7378
08-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations to your daughter. It will certainly be a magical Christmas memory for her to tell her kids about someday!
Keep calling about the ADR's. Some people may cancel when the final deposits are due 45 days before their trip... so stuff will open up for you. If you're staying on property the front desk at your resort will be able to help you with ADR's (even at the values.) Good luck and let us know how you do.

TheRustyScupper
08-29-2007, 11:42 PM
1) You should 2-3 times per day.
2) You are going at an absolutely busy time of the year.