PDA

View Full Version : New Resort

#1donaldfan
08-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Just read an article in the Orlando Sent. A new resort will be built, called Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts......I wonder how true this is and how close to construction they are?

DisneyDudet
08-29-2007, 12:30 PM
It is true, but I don't know anything about their breaking ground or anything.

Figment! will have the most information for us!

Ian
08-29-2007, 12:37 PM
INTERCOT covered this back in March. You can find the original thread here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=97988&highlight=seasons)

lockedoutlogic
08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Just read an article in the Orlando Sent. A new resort will be built, called Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts......I wonder how true this is and how close to construction they are?

They announced this about 8 months ago.....the four seasons will be located next to the Fort Wilderness Campground in the bay lake area...

In additon...they are building several thousand new rooms on Western way...which is the access road that starts near Coronado and connects to the Florida Turnpike NorthWest of WDW....those are going to be outsourced as well.

So while WDW is receiving many new rooms on its property...they will not be run by Disney...similar to the Swan and Dolphin arrangements that have existed since 1990.

CaptainSad
08-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Walt Disney must be turning in his grave. I thought he got all this land so this would not happen again like California. Shame, Shame

lockedoutlogic
08-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Walt Disney must be turning in his grave. I thought he got all this land so this would not happen again like California. Shame, Shame

uh....okay....

they're doing this...as you say...to not have to staff the new hotels.

WDW employs somewhere around 60K employees at any given time.....

There aren't 60K good employees to be had...let alone enough for more resorts.

A disney resort has somewhere near a 1:2 employee to guest ratio...they simply cannot hold the line and continue to expand under the disney labor pool.

They do basically pay the federal minimum wage to their employees at this point...along with starting to pass along health care costs.
While that may be the norm nationwide for this type of work...or even better with the benefits...they don't have a line down the block.

It you are over 18 and are in the US legally...and can speak one of about 5 different languages...you can get a job today...possibly several or even "many"....

So the outsourcing of operations is a simple logistical issue...and they are going to have to do this more to ease the workforce demands.

In the case of the Four Seasons....it's a great move...four seasons can find them and pay them...which they will have no problem doing.

The "value" western way project...sadly...is likely to bring a little too much I-Drive or 192 inside the gates for most of us to be comfortable with.

But this is what they will do....it's either that...or just attempt to maintain status quo and keep the ship above the waterline....

Giving huge raises to attract higher quality/more employees is not an option.

WEDTOPIA
08-29-2007, 09:12 PM
The "value" western way project...sadly...is likely to bring a little too much I-Drive or 192 inside the gates for most of us to be comfortable with.

Uh....... did you even proof-read this statement before you punched submit ? This is pretty offensive . We've stayed on 192 plenty of times over the years. I hope we don't make you too uncomfortable :mad:

lockedoutlogic
08-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Uh....... did you even proof-read this statement before you punched submit ? This is pretty offensive . We've stayed on 192 plenty of times over the years. I hope we don't make you too uncomfortable :mad:

sorry....I guess that does come off snooty....by "I-4 and 192"....I was referring to mainstream chain hotels....

It was not meant to be a slight referring to the quality or experience of non-disney hotels....more like a referral to the warm and fuzzy feeling that most of those who stay consistently on-property get for the Disney owned and operated resorts....

Don't be offended...many people feel the same way about the Swan and Dolphin...and they are very nice and expensive hotels.

My wording did stink a little on this one though....

katzctkpt
08-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Does Disney really need more resorts? Over the last 4 yrs it seems that the crowds/lines have gotten bigger / longer. Maybe another themed park and some more rides. Especially at MGM there is really only 2 good rides TOT/ RRC. Maybe they should mirror image that park and have 2 of the same rides on both sides of park.

WEDTOPIA
08-30-2007, 09:18 PM
sorry....I guess that does come off snooty....by "I-4 and 192"....I was referring to mainstream chain hotels....

It was not meant to be a slight referring to the quality or experience of non-disney hotels....more like a referral to the warm and fuzzy feeling that most of those who stay consistently on-property get for the Disney owned and operated resorts....

Don't be offended...many people feel the same way about the Swan and Dolphin...and they are very nice and expensive hotels.

My wording did stink a little on this one though....

No harm done. I just took it as a slight to the guests staying outside WDW . I was hoping you didn't really feel the way your reply indicated . Appreciate the clarification .:thumbsup:

:mickey:

ghost999
08-30-2007, 09:28 PM
see, this just shows that all of can get along just fine and we don't fight about it all. see how nice all of us can be :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-30-2007, 11:18 PM
The idea of opening a Four Seasons on property was Meg Crofton's idea, along with a new shopping district that at this moment, seems to have run from my mind as to it's location. Personally, I don't like it either because I feel the propetry should be going to other uses and I don't necessarily mean a 5th gate. For now, I think the rooms we do have are suffiecent but Disney is still growing and our attendence is up so eventualy, more rooms will be needed because part of why Walt wanted so much land was because he wanted to keep people on property.