PDA

View Full Version : Please - need tons of pixie dust for my friend

kakn7294
08-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Nearly 2 weeks ago, my friend from work lost her fiance in a motorcycle accident. Kasey raises goats and was on her way to a fair when the accident happened. She was driving her truck and pulling the trailer. He was on his motorcycle behind her. They were separated at a red light and somehow he lost control of his bike and was run over by the car behind him. He was flown by medical helicopter to a trauma hospital in Pittsburgh but later died. I don't really know the details beyond that. The situation is complicated by the fact that he was not yet divorced but separated from his wife who is 8 mo pregnant with their second child. Kasey has just found out that she too is about 8 weeks pregnant and is worried sick about losing her baby now. I've only seen her once since the accident (we were in WDW when it happened and I didn't find out until we came home) and she was so lost. She would just sit on the floor looking at his picture and couldn't focus or concentrate on work. I've told her to call or e-mail me with anything she needs but I don't know what else to do for her. If I haven't heard from her by next week, I'm going to drive out to her place and see if there's anything I can do. In the mean time, she can use all the pixie dust she can get.

MMouse6937
08-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry for your friend. I started crying just reading your post. How devestating. :pixie: times 100 for her. My DH rides motorcycles and I'm always worried about something happening to him, it's never something you get used to. :hug: to you for being such a great friend!

faline
I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Jeri Lynn
Kathy,
Very sorry to hear what your friend is going to, it is indeed a very sad situation.

Ton's of Pixie Dust and prayers are being sent her way.

BelleBeauty
08-29-2007, 12:33 PM
As much :pixie: as possible for your friend and for her baby. I can only hope for the health of her baby and that this will somehow help her heal. Strength for you too as you are there to be strong for her.

bleukarma
08-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Tons of Pixie Dust for your friend! :pixie::pixie::pixie: What a horrible thing for her to go through!!

poeticeclipse
08-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. What a terrible event to happen to anyone. Especially someone you're so close to. My prayers are with her and you as well... maybe you can be a great shoulder for her to cry on. Sounds like she might be needing someone right about now.

Sending :pixie:

iheartmickey
08-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm so sorry for her loss! My prayers are with her.

I think you are doing the right thing letting her know if she needs you to let you know. You might want to drop over to check on her too. Even if she doesn't need anything, just to be in the room with her to support her. I know if something happened to DH, I wouldn't want to be alone .... but I don't know if I'd be brave enough to ask people to just come over to sit with me. I think things as simple as doing her dishes or bringing her some dinner one night.

I'm sending as much prayers, postive thoughts and pixie dust as possible to her, and for you too. You are truely being a great friend and you need your strength too!

:pixie:

Momof2boys
08-29-2007, 02:25 PM
How tragic !

Extra strength pixie dust to you both :pixie: :pixie:

RedSoxFan
08-29-2007, 02:44 PM
How tragic. I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with her at this difficult time.

DVC2004
08-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Very sad indeed. My thoughts and prayers for all affected.

PirateLover
08-29-2007, 03:13 PM
What an absolutely terrible, tragic and complicated situation. Prayers and :pixie: :pixie :pixie: on their way! Please let us know how she is doing...

January-2007
08-29-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm so sorry that this happened to your friend's fiance. Lots of :pixie: that the healing process can begin.

conorsmom2000
08-29-2007, 05:25 PM
What a tragic situation for your friend. My heart just aches for her! Much :pixie::pixie::pixie: for all involved, but especially your friend and the baby. :(

The Bookseller
08-29-2007, 05:39 PM
This is really sad. here's tons of high-grade :pixie: for your friend. Let's hope she will flow thought without other unpleasantness.

mrsgaribaldi
08-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way.

DisneyWhirled
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Kathy-

We are sending tons of pixie dust and prayers for Kasey. So sorry to hear about this terrible tragedy.

You are doing the best you can to help her, just by being a friend to lean on.

Tinkerfreak
08-30-2007, 09:32 AM
More prayers here from Maine. I think as other people have said you might want to go over and check on her. One thing you might want to do is make sure that she is getting enough to eat and takes care of herself for the baby. Just being there for her if she needs you will be a big help. She may be so grief stricken that she forgets to eat or just has no desire to eat but if you bring her things to eat that she won't have to cook it will be a big help and will show her that you are there for her and her unborn child. You sound like a great friend and she is lucky to have you!

Terra
08-30-2007, 09:53 AM
More prayers here from Maine. I think as other people have said you might want to go over and check on her. One thing you might want to do is make sure that she is getting enough to eat and takes care of herself for the baby.

Yes!! I was just going to suggest this!! And make sure she's taking her vitamins and and other meds she might need/be on for pregnancy...
Staying nourished for her health and that of the baby's is going to be priority...

Also she may want to schedule some extra visits to her OB if the stress continues to mount just so they can do NST [stress tests for baby] to keep an eye on the baby. She can let her OB know what's going on. Maybe you can offer to go with her to an appointment.

Sending lots and lots of :pixie: :pixie:

Gosh, one of my greatest fears is losing my DH and being just my son and I....

Please keep us posted on how she and the baby are doing!!

And also sending :pixie: for the the soon to be ex wife and for that precious baby too who will never know there father :( So sad....

Zippy 1
08-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I will keep your friend and child to be in our prayers here is lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

brownie
08-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Said a prayer for your friend. What a tough thing to deal with; I hope you are able to help her get through this difficult time.

kakn7294
08-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Actually, since she's only 8 weeks, the OB won't see her for another month, even under the circumstances. I would be a little more worried about her if it weren't for the baby. She's made several comments about how she wants to do everything right for the baby and be the best mother she can because this baby is the last gift she will ever receive from the man she loves. Her greatest fear now is that something will happen to the baby or that the baby won't be perfect. She has been taking care of herself if only for the baby's sake. And Donnie's family has been great to her as well - they're keeping a close eye on her too. Thank you for eveyone's kind thoughts!

Terra
08-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Actually, since she's only 8 weeks, the OB won't see her for another month, even under the circumstances. I would be a little more worried about her if it weren't for the baby. She's made several comments about how she wants to do everything right for the baby and be the best mother she can because this baby is the last gift she will ever receive from the man she loves. Her greatest fear now is that something will happen to the baby or that the baby won't be perfect. She has been taking care of herself if only for the baby's sake. And Donnie's family has been great to her as well - they're keeping a close eye on her too. Thank you for eveyone's kind thoughts!

Oh that is so good to know!! God bless her and that baby!

Sometimes in sadness like that it takes something of that nature to help the person hold on!

I have a friend [we are the same baby forum together, both of our babies were born in Nov]....and her husband was killed unexpectedly in a car accident on Mother's Day of all days :( Her first mother's day!

Anyway, her little baby boy Jack is the one thing that keeps her going!!!!

ElenitaB
08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
What a tragic and complicated situation! :(

:pixie: for your friend!

Dsnygirl
08-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss.... what a terrible thing to have happen. Sending tons of :pixie::pixie::pixie: her way...

MsMin
08-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie: for your friend and the family of her bf. Kathy feel free to PM me if you have any questions about crisis intervention and things you can say etc. It sounds like everyone is doing a great job and keeping an eye on her but it's just an invitation if I can help you b/c you are always so helpful and thoughtful on the boards.
Remind her too that a healthy baby does survive. There are many women who experience tragic events to go on and carry a healthy baby. Has anyone offered to bring her food? I know she probably doesn't feel like eating but eating with a friend sometimes helps.
There are OB's that should see her too. I know I've had check-ups before 8wks. :pixie:

pianobabe
09-03-2007, 10:47 PM
My thoughts and prayer's are with you (to know the right things to say), your friend and to these 2 little ones who will never get to know their Daddy.