PDA

View Full Version : Ironing

Tigger70
08-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Just booked our first Disney Cruise. I read somewhere that they do not have irons in the staterooms. Is this true? My wife irons her clothes just about every day. Can we bring our own travel iron?

GreenBeetle
08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
My Passporter's Field Guide states that you can bring your own iron or steamer to use in the laundry room, but using one in your stateroom is prohibited for safety reasons.

ElenitaB
08-29-2007, 06:53 PM
GreenBeetle is right: You are not allowed to iron or steam in your cabin. There are laundry rooms that have ironing boards on most decks (I decided I was on VACATION and sent out formal clothes out to be steamed as soon as we arrived in our cabin :cloud9: ).

From the DCL site:

Onboard laundry and dry-cleaning services (with stateroom pickup) are available for a charge. There is also a self-service Guest Laundry Room with coin-operated washers and dryers, along with detergent and ironing equipment. For safety reasons, the provided irons or steamers may be used in the laundry room only; personal irons cannot be brought aboard. [Emphasis added.]

DisneyDudet
09-05-2007, 10:03 PM
For formal wear, pack in a hang up bag, in a dry cleaning bag. They didn't seem to wrinkle very much when we packed this way.

If you are worried, you can have your items sent out. We didn't, as our formal night was our second night, and we didn't want to risk not getting or formal wear back.

TammiMcMan
09-06-2007, 08:35 PM
You can either bring your own iron or take your chances and use what they have there.I'm sorry, but that's not correct. You cannot bring your own irons on board, you have to use what they supply in the laundry room. Elenita quoted the policy in her post.

DisneyDudet
09-07-2007, 09:11 AM
I edited my post. Sorry guys...

:blush:

Makes me not want to post anymore... :(

Tigger70
09-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks, everyone.:thumbsup:

Don't worry about it DisneyDudet...I looked all over the DCL website and couldn't find that information before I posted the question. If it were that important that you can't bring an iron onboard, then that information should be posted more CONSPICUOSLY than it is (like ElenitaB added to her post). And it seems like there may be conflicting information out there as GreenBeetle indicates that the Passporter's field guide states you may bring an iron but you can only use in the laundry room.

Keep on posting!!

TammiMcMan
09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I looked all over the DCL website and couldn't find that information before I posted the question.There's actually a "search" box right at the top of the website. I put in "iron" and the first link brought me to laundry services and the restriction on irons.

And it seems like there may be conflicting information out there as GreenBeetle indicates that the Passporter's field guide states you may bring an iron but you can only use in the laundry room.It's really not conflicting information, as the Passporters guide is a fan guide and not published by Disney (you'll find guidebooks that talk all about visiting other resorts pools). DCL's policy is that only the steamers and irons provided in the laundry room are acceptable. My guess is that it's because they are checked frequently for frayed wires and they are most likely safety units, which shut off when not in use, or accidently dropped.