PDA

View Full Version : "First Time" button for dh?

pwdebbie
08-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Should I try to get my husband a "first time" button or are these something generally reserved for children?

If he gets one, will he get some sort of special attention?

Should I get one if he gets one (I haven't been there since 1972)?

Thanks,
Deb

Lucyrella
08-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I dont' believe there are age restrictions, I saw adults wearing them too. We got one for our little soon to be 3 year old and I didn't get one last year for the 4 year old and they gave me one for her too. I will put them in their scrapbooks. So have fun!

disneyfun07
08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Where would you get that button at?

Jessie
08-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Man it just goes to show how LOOOONG it's been since I've been to WDW. I didn't even realize they had these buttons. Sounds like an awesome idea. I'm sure he'll get some attention. :mickey:

EPCOTBoy
08-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Where would you get that button at?

I believe you'd find this at any of the park's Guest Relations/Services offices. That's where I went once to get a Birthday button for a friend. I'd bet that the front desks at the Disney resorts would have them too. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

As for the first question, IMHO, I think you should get your husband a button. I'd be surprised if they had age restrictions on that. As far as special treatment or attention...who knows? Possibly. When I was working as a CM, if I had an opportunity to do a little something for someone wearing a birthday button or "wedding ears", I would. VIP seating for a show, backstage tour, etc...Being friendly with a CM at the entrance to an attraction might bring their attention to the button and open up the opportunity for a little special treatment without asking for it.

Mnchknbrat1982
08-29-2007, 09:06 PM
To get a first time button or not? My dilemma is that I have been to Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom but it was so packed when I was there that there was a lot I didn't get to do. So it will be my first trip to all 4 parks. Should I get a button?

k_reile
08-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I would say go for it...both of you get 1st time buttons because techinly (sp?) its your 1st time too since you have not been there since 1972...a whole lot has changed since then.
I was thinking about getting DH one when we go in Sept since he has not been there since 1986 and he was 5 so he does not remember it...but I do not think he will actually wear the button.

ncscgirl2005
08-30-2007, 04:29 PM
I got one for DDs and DH (age 32) since this really was their first visit. I also got one for myself because I haven't been since 1986 and I couldn't remember a darn thing!