PDA

View Full Version : Quick view of the models?

mrsHerbie53
08-28-2007, 07:11 PM
We will be at WDW in Oct and are staying offsite. I don't want to take too much time from our park time, but I would like to see some models.

Can we just show up at the BW model when we are in Epcot?

How about Saratoga Springs? Can we just drive over and see them quick?

We pretty much want to buy in during the next year or two and don't need the whole spiel (sp). We just would like to see one or two first. (Hopefully that will entice us to save for it faster!!!)

Thanks for your thoughts!

wendy*darling
08-28-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't believe the models at the Boardwalk are still there. I just returned from at stay at the BWV and walked past where they used to be- no office, no models.

Have you already received the video and papers explaining the DVC? You could call and let your sales rep/guide know what you want to do and s/he could arrange that you have a quick visit.

If not, you can probably walk-in to visit the SSR office. If they are not busy, a guide would probably walk you through if you explain what you want.

Good luck- they are beautiful villas. :mickey:

mook3y
08-28-2007, 09:12 PM
I would say to stop at one of the booths and tell them you want a quick look at the models. I am guessing they will accomodate you.

When we went and looked at them last year, they had a van pick us up and take us to SSR.

It is very low pressure, you can leave when you want to.

They compensate you for your time by giving you some fast passes. So, even tho you are out of the park for a bit, the passes help make up for your time.

MinnieMommie
08-28-2007, 09:18 PM
When we were at SSR in June there were models set up for AKL. DH went during the formal viewing time and said it was quite nice. We took a long time before we took the plunge and became members. We spoke with many sales reps throughout that time and they were very patient with us. We also ordered the free promotional DVDs each time a new one was offered. That's a good starting place. Good luck with your decision. :mickey:

CarolMN
08-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Call DVC before you visit the models.

There have been reports that those who tour and don't buy within a specificed time (about a week, I think), lose the opportunity to take advantage of any incentives that may be offered.

Call to make sure that won't happen to you before you visit - if the sales rep says it isn't true, get his/her name and write it down along with the date and time of your call.

DVC2004
08-29-2007, 09:34 AM
There are still models at the Boardwalk. Those would be the best for a quick pop in. The AKV models are in a locked buidling as are the SSR models, but the Boardwalks you can pretty much just walk right in.

Zippy_D_DooDah
08-29-2007, 09:59 AM
When we stayed at SSR in December, they had the models open every afternoon from 3-5... I think. They were located in the bulding behind the bus stop at the main pool. We popped in and saw the Grand Villa. The doors were wide open. I'll check to see if they are still available to view when we are there in two weeks. We are staying at OKW, but always migrate back to SSR on the walking trail or boat.