PDA

View Full Version : A little disappointed today.

Deesdisney
08-28-2007, 05:22 PM
I had saved up my money all year to go to Disney World in Dec. I had made res. yesterday. Then when I got up this morning the house was very hot. In NC it has been awful lately with the heat. So I called someone to come out and look at my air conditioning. Needless to say I just bought a new system. So I guess my vacation has been officially cancelled. I guess all I can do is watch disney videos and vacation DVDs. I will try for next year. Sorry I had to share with someone since no one here seems to be that upset about this vacation. :sick::mad::marg:

Christine
08-28-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find a way to get back there soon!

Sunshine1010
08-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Bummer....

What about home insurance? Would they be willing to share the cost?

Raye3201
08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Well your 'disney friends' at Intercot understand your disappointment...maybe some great specials will come out soon to make it that much more feasible for you. I would be bummed too...it's never fun to look forward to something and then have it cancelled.
Sending some pixie dust your way for good luck :pixie::mickey:

faline
08-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry you've had to delay your Disney vacation. Since I'm someone who always likes to put a postivie spin on things...it'll give you more planning time for a spectacular trip!

mttafire
08-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Well your 'disney friends' at Intercot understand your disappointment...maybe some great specials will come out soon to make it that much more feasible for you. I would be bummed too...it's never fun to look forward to something and then have it cancelled.
Sending some pixie dust your way for good luck :pixie::mickey:
Agreed...P.S.....I also feel your pain...I spent 1000 on a new evaporator for my a.c. this year. Thank goodness my condensor was in great shape. Anyways, Continue to save and go next year!:thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
08-28-2007, 11:05 PM
This is a classic example of the law of Supply and Demand.

Everytime we get a Supply, something Demands it !

We also had to cancel our Dec. trip for health reasons, but whatever, it's still a year without Disney.:(

brownie
08-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. Maybe now you'll be able to plan to be there after Toy Story Mania opens.

2Epcot
08-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Sorry to hear you had to cancel. Hopefully it won't take too long to save up, and you can plan another trip soon. House and car repairs always seem to come up at the worse time.

vizsla
08-29-2007, 05:32 AM
So sorry to hear you had to cancel your vacation.

mrsgaribaldi
08-29-2007, 08:36 AM
I'm so sorry. I would be very upset too:( I hope you get to go again soon:mickey:

Caroleh
08-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. :pixie:for luck that you'll get your trip soon.

January-2007
08-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Sorry you had to cancel your trip!

kaerbear178
08-29-2007, 11:20 AM
I know that I'm going to have to cancel my Dec trip (honeymoon) as well. I just don't have the heart to do it until the very last minute, thinking that I'll get some money here or there. But everytime we get anything, something else comes up to take what we have times 5.
I'm sorry you can't make it this year either. Hopefully you'll be there sooner than you think.

k_reile
08-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Bummer....

What about home insurance? Would they be willing to share the cost?

Home Insurance will not cover wear and tear. Only is damage was done to the air system by a covered peril.

Jessie
08-29-2007, 05:04 PM
How sad! I'm sorry you're gonna miss out :(

Deesdisney
08-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Oh my. Someone is trying to tell me that I should not go to Disney. Not only is my house hot. But my washer machine stop running , my computer is broke and 2 of our vehicles (of course the 2 that are paid off) have some engine problems. I guess I have to take it as something better is coming around the corner. Maybe instead of 1 wk at disney there will be 2 wks. Yeah right. Theres always some hope and prayers.

#1donaldfan
08-30-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that......my DW is currently without work and it really looks grim for us going next year.....just can't seem to save enough, and like someone said earlier, if you have it saved, something will demand it....I'm still holding on to a thread hoping we can come through.....who knows......

katzctkpt
08-30-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm so sorry you've had to cancel your trip. Hope things get better and that you can plan a trip soon.

pixiesmimi
09-01-2007, 06:50 PM
The same thing happened the weekend before we were to leave last week. We had just put a new system in three years ago. It was on one of our hottest weekends. We called the guys who put it in on a Saturday and he wanted to charge us $165 just to come out and check it with it even being under warranty. So much for kindness when people around here were dying from the heat. :( DH just told him we would wait until Monday and call back. I called first thing that Monday morning and they finally came out late that afternoon and the coils had burst. He was able to fix them enough to get us by until we got back from WDW to order new coils. He didn't charge us a thing vs his boss wanting to charge us $165. We were so afraid that we would have to cancel our trip either for this expense or because of a hurricane and I was extremely stressed. Our trip was paid for but we were afraid we wouldn't have gas money or spending money if something like this happened. Our refrigerator had just gone out also and had to be replaced. We suffered for three days without a/c but at least it was fixed enough that we didn't come back to a hot house this weekend and it was under warranty. I don't know what we would have done if it had not been. I feel for you and would have cried for days if we had to cancel our trip. Just start now planning for the next one and make it better than ever. You will enjoy it so much because you know what you had to go through to get it. Maybe a good package discount will come up for you for the next trip.:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
09-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Keep savin'!!!! You'll get back there soon enough :smickey: