PDA

View Full Version : CM Guest tickets: any experience?

Clotho
08-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello all!

I am appealing to anyone who is a CM/has been a CM/has attended any park with a CM on their pass.

Hubby and I leave in two days for the World, for the first time on a Silver Pass my hubby gets as an employee of the company (he does not work on site--he is a remote employee here in Seattle). Last minute, we invited my sister to fly out and join us for part of the trip. She will be staying in our room at the Poly, which is all worked out. But the tickets we have a question about.

We know that the official policy is that any guest of the CM must be with them at all times. We understand it is because they are represented by the CM who in turn is the face of the company, and it is the CM's responsibility for their behavior in the parks, etc.

However, since she is coming last minute, and we have dining reservations at some very popular places this weekend, which we are fairly sure we will *not* be able to squeeze her into, she will be on her own a few nights we are there while we are eating dinner. I want to make sure she is able to enjoy herself and find dinner on her own at a CS or something while we are at our dinner.

My question is, is the ticket that she receives to get into the parks via the Silver Pass marked somehow? Meaning, when she goes to the turnstiles, will they check to make sure she is in the presence of the CM from whom she got the ticket? I swear I read someplace this is NOT the case, but I don't want her to get to a park and be turned away and stranded because we can't meet up with her until we finish our meal.

For the record, my sister is 42 years old, and has been to the World once before--the last time we went for my birthday trip, my hubby and her conspired to have her SURPRISE ME by showing up near the end of our trip! I walked around the corner near the International Gate at Epcot...and there she was! While we are NOT ones to try and bend rules in general, we also realize that she is not the kind of person for whom such a rule was created. She is a model guest.

We will find a way to work it out either way. But wanted to get a firsthand account of how it works, since we have never used our Silver Passes before!

WLD4
08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
She will be given the same ticket that paying guests get, so no one will be able to tell that she originally came in with a cast member. Our kids have gone off park-hopping by themselves many times after getting in on our Silver Pass and have never had any problems. Have a great time!

LauraF
08-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I've gone with my sister before and it looks just like a normal guest ticket. Nobody knew we were not normal guests for the entire day until my sister pulled out her CM discount to pay for dinner for us.

Clotho
08-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys. Great to know! I called dining, and as predicted, we could only get her into ONE of our four reservations, so I am glad to hear she will be able to cavort about until we can meet up with her later! :thumbsup:

Edit: Hubby said that he heard that the issue isn't once they are in the parks, but when they want to hop to other parks. I reason that if the ticket is like any other ticket (a parkhopper, right?) it won't be an issue then either. But wanted to check--those of you who have experience with this, could you/your guest hop freely as well? I see that one person attests to this. I could use more assurances. ;)

Also, to get the tickets each day, do you have to go to the park to get the tickets? Meaning, can we go down to the front desk/concierge of the Polynesian to get our tickets for the day?

Jasper
08-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Sorry, I just realized that you already have your answer. I guess all I can say then is ditto!!

CM~Mserrano
08-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Each day you have to get the new tickets and as far as I am 99.9% sure they have to be gotten at the turnstile. I never stayed at a resort when I was working at Epcot but I was never told of that scenario by any other CMs while working there. Also, once you get a ticket for the day, you are not able to get any more, for example, if your DH and you were going in, with you getting one comp ticket and you wanted a friend to meet you later, they would not be able to get the comp ticket because they were not with you when you first entered the park for the day. That's how it was when I was working there, if it's changed, please correct me!

Hope this helps!

Mickey Loves Golf
08-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Each day you have to get the new tickets and as far as I am 99.9% sure they have to be gotten at the turnstile.

This is true...each pass is only good for the day it is issued. If you return the next day, go to the "CM" line at the turnstiles and your guest (s) entering the park with you will go through the same process as the day before to get their tickets.

DizneyRox
08-29-2007, 12:31 AM
The tickets ARE marked as CM, although it may not be visible on the actual ticket. If you take a quick look at the LCD when you get in, it will say something to the effect of it being a CM ticket.

They work the same and you should not have any trouble however.