PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Town Square or Mama Melrose's?

becbec
08-28-2007, 01:23 PM
My husband really wants chicken parmagiana, and the only place I could find it was Mama Melrose. But, I think my kids would really like the theming at Tony's. On our last trip two years ago, my daughter bought a stuffed Lady, and is determined to get a stuffed Tramp to go with her on our upcoming trip.

Do you think they could/would make a special request chicken parmagiana at Tony's, or should I try to talk my husband into having meatballs instead? Or is Mama Melrose much better than Tony's, and we should eat there instead?

Thanks for your help.

poeticeclipse
08-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Mama Melrose trumps Tony's by far. You'll hear mixed reviews about both places.

KylesMom
08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
We love Mama Melrose! Tony's was a repeat for lunch, but it can't take the place of the flavors of Mama's. If I had to pick one over the other, Mama's would win every time.

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2007, 04:54 PM
I was less than impressed with Tony's. The spaghetti was just so-so.

We did Mama's and wanted an alfredo type cheesy garlic sauce, which, btw, wasn't on the menu, and the chef did a wonderful job with a grilled chicken parm, pasta and this sauce. I just wasn't in the mood for a red sauce that day. It was awesome.

kakn7294
08-28-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm going to be the odd man out here so far. We liked Tony's better than Mama's. I had chicken parm at Mama's and it was good but just the same as I could get anywhere else. I had the beef cannelloni at Tony's and it was excellent with it's mix of tomato and cream sauce. We also got to sit outside at Tony's (ironically we didn't want to) and it was a great way to people watch those entering for the P&P party for that night.

Jared
08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
We were expecting a lackluster meal at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano. My family booked dinner because we wanted to eat somewhere in the park before Fantasmic!.

Surprisingly, our first experience was so good we went again a few months later. I ordered the chicken parmigiana both times and enjoyed it. The meat was tender and the portion was manageable.

Reviews have always been mixed for this restaurant, but I recommend it.