PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Buttons in Parks

laprana
08-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi! This is my first post, so I hope I'm putting it in the right place!:blush:

My family is planning our next WDW trip for June 2008 and if we go during the dates we have tentatively chosen, my sister's b-day will be on one of the days we are there. I've seen some info on getting "birthday buttons" for kids at Magic Kingdom and the other parks and wondered if anyone knew about these? (My sister isn't a kid and will actually be turning 32, but who isn't a kid while they're at WDW?:mickey:) Do they give these buttons to adults? Also, I would like to get one for her as a surprise because I'm pretty sure she wouldn't get one for herself...will they give the birthday button to someone who isn't actually having the b-day? Do I need to show them her license or anything to prove that it really will be her b-day? Just thought this might be a fun surprise for her while we are there, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. Thanks for any help you can give!!

Zippy_D_DooDah
08-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Yes! Anyone can get a birthday button. I turned 34 this past February and got a birthday button. It was alot of fun. Most if not all CM's gave me a birthday wish by name, the Main Street Quartet even stopped me in the middle of the street and sang to me. It was pretty cool! I got mine at City Hall at MK. Tell them that you are getting a button as a surprise and I'm sure they will give you one.

Goofeygal
08-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Just go to city hall in MK and tell them it is your B-day and you would like a button. Just about all cm wish happy birthday and even the men in the horse draw cars on main street yelled HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDY!!!! If you are staying on property let them know it is your birthday also. I did and I got a card signed by goofey cause he is my fave and a balloon. It is great fun.:mickey:

AuntDJ
08-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Get the button, I have never had to show proof that it was my birthday....I am usually there with one of nieces or nephew and it is their birthday trip. Even if it is not their actual birthday, we pick a day and meal and get the button for that day. We have celebrated as much as 2 weeks after the fact, this next year I am taking my niece for her 7th birthday, but we are going in June and her actual birthdate is in August, but we are going to get the button and celebrate!

DJ

tink'72
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
First off :welcome: to Intercot! This is a great place. It keeps me going until my next trip to WDW!

Yes, adults can get birthday buttons and yes you can get it for your sister's b-day. I picked one up for my husband when we were there in April. They will write her name on it and every where she goes she will get a happy b-day wish from the CM's. It is great fun and it gets people talking to each other!

bellerose
08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I just came back from my Birthday trip to the World and I wore my button the three days I was there. (Iturned 30). It was great!! She should wear the button, for sure!! I felt so special!!:cake:

CU Tiger
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Welcome to Intercot!! :welcome:

We have gone to Disney each of the past for years during my DD’s birthday. We make it a point to get her a birthday button. A few years ago, each park had its’ own unique button without the persons name on it. Now they have gone to one generic button for all parks. They write their name on it and the CMs say “happy birthday (name)”. This has made it more personable. DW does a great job with this, :thumbsup: so make sure you get one. :mickey:

PeterPanFan
08-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Ok we never go at our birthdays. is it ok to celebrate a different kids b day each day?

ncscgirl2005
08-29-2007, 03:23 PM
I got a button for DH when we checked into our resort even though his birthday was 3 days earlier. Jean, the CM, had a card signed by Goofy and beads sent up to our room the next day. Even adults get a lot of attention with the buttons. Almost every CM and even guests said Happy Birthday to him. I was only able to persuade him to wear it one day; he doesn't like a lot of attention.