PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Int Airport see what was found !!

disneycouple2004
08-28-2007, 10:20 AM
I have seen these pictures before, however i did not know the location except somewhere in FL. Now we know where. Remind me to stay out of the woods.!!:stop:

http://community-2.webtv.net/karenlprince/AMUSTSEE/index.html

gueli
08-28-2007, 10:36 AM
the picture says it all.
I do not think I want to work for fla power & light...
:mickey:

divinedi
08-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Okay, I know I complain about the winters here in Southern Ontario, Canada, but after seeing these pictures, I think I'll take the snow, I'm glad we don't have critters like these around!! Had a baby garter snake in my garage the other day, the odd mouse in the house, and skunks, raccoons, all basically harmless thankfully!

pogo
08-28-2007, 11:08 AM
the odd mouse in the house, and skunks, raccoons, all basically harmless thankfully! odd mouse in the house...... :funny:

Momof2boys
08-28-2007, 01:44 PM
I love it how the people are just standing around . . . I'd have hightailed it outta there. I'm such a :chicken:

Disney Doll
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Yikes! I also like the casual nature of the workers standing by. I would be :bolt: Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
08-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm not going to lie. Just looking at those pictures freaked me out. I hate snakes.

MMouse6937
08-28-2007, 04:08 PM
That gator was wicked cool!! I love gators/crocs anyways. Snakes, not so much. If I had opened that pipe and seen all those rattlesnakes....YIKES

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Flower
08-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I would NOT wanna be the guy who's job it is to catch & duct tape gators!!!! :gator: Danger pay???

pixiegoose
08-28-2007, 07:07 PM
I could handle the gator (and by "handle" I mean not totally freak out and run home) but the pile o' rattlers would have me running for home- I'm scared to death of snakes! :bolt:

vizsla
08-29-2007, 05:40 AM
WOW! Unbelievable

Tinkerfreak
08-29-2007, 07:46 AM
OMG!!!! Can you say pass the Depends undergarments???? I would have needed them badly had I been the one to discover this.

We also have the occasional mouse or skunk. I have had a moose, fox, coyote and racoon run through my yard but those are nothing compared to gators and rattlers.

BronxTigger
08-29-2007, 08:07 AM
..yet another reminder why I have not yet moved to Florida...

murphy1
08-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I have posted before, it was not uncommon for 6 to 8 foot gators and water moccasins to show up in our neighborhood in St. Pete, we lived near a nature preserve.

And I hated the cockroaches much worse than anything else!

Dopey's Girl
08-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I would have been running if I had been there, but I have to admit the pics made me laugh! Every time we fly into MCO, my dad gets all excited and says "See any gators?!" Wouldn't he just :jaw: if we saw that scene as we landed?!

mouseketeer mom
08-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Yikes. Those snakes made me queasy. I guess I think of Florida and WDW and happy pappy things. I forget about all that other real stuff!

Clotho
08-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Well, a quick look on snopes reveals the truth:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/culvert.asp

"Despite the urbanization of much of the world, there are still plenty of places left where construction work runs flush into non-human inhabitants of both the large and the deadly varieties. The message reproduced above purports to document an instance where power workers ran into a couple of dangerous species at the same site, one large in size and the other large in number. Although the photographs are genuine, they have nothing to do with each other -- they're two unrelated images someone lumped together with a fabricated story.

'Thank you for your recent e-mail. We received this same inquiry about the
alligator and snakes in August, 2002. At that time one of our employees
investigated the situation.

What they found out was OUC (Orlando Utilities Commission) services the
Orlando International Airport area. They contacted OUC who said they knew
nothing about the story. FPL's environmental department said they had been
forwarded many copies and that this is a hoax or urban legend that is being
passed around the Internet. They also advised that the rattlesnakes are
western diamondbacks and would not be found in Florida.'"

#1donaldfan
08-30-2007, 10:08 PM
I just about shivered out of my chair...snakes and bees are my vilians....I can take ANYTHING else.....I saw the gator and that was ok...I scrolled down to the snakes and WHEW......about:ack:now I'm :ill:.....better them than me.....I would've been lookin' for another job later that day....

glenpreece
08-30-2007, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=divinedi;1400998]Okay, I know I complain about the winters here in Southern Ontario, Canada, but after seeing these pictures, I think I'll take the snow, I'm glad we don't have critters like these around!! QUOTE]

Amen!!!! I too am not fond of our weather here in ONT but I'll take it over that gator and those snakes. I was nearly sick when I saw that was snakes.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-30-2007, 11:29 PM
I guess seeing as I'm a native Floridian whose lived here all my life, I was like "Pfft, that ain't nothing. Welcome to the South, guys."

Then again, in the post about the gator on BTM, I also stated that it didn't surprise me that it happened since Florida is nothing but swamplands. And cows. And that's what Disney was built on. And most of of the city.

marlyn
08-31-2007, 12:14 AM
Hmmmm.....not sure what is worse. The gator and rattle snakes or the following two anmals that were seen in my yard in the last year....

Cougar (http://www.ctrl-c.liu.se/ftp/IMAGES/ANIMALS/CATS/WILDCATS/wc_cougar.jpg)

Black Bear (http://www.turtletrack.org/Issues01/Co07142001/Art/Black_Bear_standing.jpg)