PDA

View Full Version : Question...Mailing packages to yourself at the resorts

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi there,
THis is actually my first post. The family is heading down there for a 6 night stay at the POP on Sunday,9/2. Family consists of me, DH, and 2 DD's 2.5yrs and 8 months. Today I UPS'd 2 boxes of stuff ahead of us, diapers, formula, canned baby food, etc. My question is ,, Has anyone ever done this before? How does it work? Will it just be there for us to pick up at the front desk when we check in? Or does someone from the resort deliver it to our room about the same time as our ME suitcases? My other question is regarding carry on bags. Is there a place to leave them locked up at the resort if our room isn't ready and we want to go off to the parks?

Thanks!

TammiMcMan
08-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I did mail a package down once when we stayed on the club level. It was delivered to our room. I'm assuming that on the package, you noted the name on the reservation and the reservation number. When it's received, they should log it in and hopefully that will pop up on the screen when you check in. If it doesn't, just let the CM know you have a package. I don't know exactly where they're kept at the Pop, but I'm sure if they have someone available, they can take it to your room or you can pick it up when the room becomes available. Bell services can take any carry on's and store those as well. Just be sure to hang onto anything you might need prior to 4pm. You can retrieve your items, but it might take some time.

Mary Poppins fan
08-28-2007, 07:38 AM
With UPS you can track your package and see when it arrives. Last year I sent our package via UPS and I could even see who signed for it! Usually when you check in the CM will see that you have a package in the back. If not, just ask.
I would like to echo TammiMcMan about packing a carry-on with the things you think you'll need right away, especially if you're taking the ME bus. We usually pack bathing suits, sun lotion (make sure you have it in a smaller container to get through the airport), pajamas (just in case the luggage gets misplaced!), and a change of clothes.
We'll be down the same time as you! Only a few more days to go! :cloud9:

KylesMom
08-28-2007, 09:16 AM
We FedEx a box each trip, and pick it up at the front desk when we check in. Never had a problem, and they do not charge extra for receiving (as some hotels do).

As mentioned, Bell Services will be happy to check any carry-ons you may have for the day until your room is ready.

Have a great time! :mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Thank you!!!!! Look out WDW Here we COME!!!! (Sunday can NOT get here soon enough!)

WDWFanatic
08-28-2007, 09:53 PM
:mickey:I just wanted to say

Welcome to Intercot!!!

I hope you have a great trip and your package is waiting for you when you arrive!!