PDA

View Full Version : Late for ADR's??

Jen C.
08-27-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen this discussed here, but I could be wrong. my question is, if you miss your ADR (i.e. are 90 minutes late) would the establishment still honor it?:confused:

I thought I had heard that if you are late, they will still honor your seating, you may just have to wait. Anyone know if this is true? Thanks!

dyin tago
08-27-2007, 09:05 PM
no,if you are 15 minutes late the computer deletes your reservation automatically.

when I talked to the dining reservation person she told me that the restaurants will not even take names for walkups with no reservation.

this is during the free dining promo,not sure about regular times for walkups.

PiratePaul
08-27-2007, 09:26 PM
no,if you are 15 minutes late the computer deletes your reservation automatically.

when I talked to the dining reservation person she told me that the restaurants will not even take names for walkups with no reservation.

this is during the free dining promo,not sure about regular times for walkups.

No this is not true. At least it wasn't true for us. We routinely ran 15-30 minutes late last week, and our ADR's were honored EVERY time.

crazypoohbear
08-27-2007, 10:25 PM
IF we are going to be late and are on a bus, we have had really nice drivers who have called ahead to let the restaurant know we were on the bus and were running a little late.
I don't know how the restaurant would be able to honor an ADR that is over 1and 1 half hours late. Other people would have booked a table at that time so "there would be no room at the inn"

Jared
08-27-2007, 11:31 PM
We've had Advance Dining Reservations honored up to 30 minutes late, but the free dining promotion causes a lot of problems. Because the restaurants are so crowded, I would be surprised if Cast Members honored latecomers.

dyin tago
08-27-2007, 11:47 PM
during regular times such as "last week" they may not be as strict with being late for reservations but to be "routinely late" is rude to others as it pushes everyone back the more people are late.

Jen C.
08-28-2007, 01:06 PM
I wan't asking the question with the intention of being late. I was asking in hopes of clarifying to a relative who believes you can go "whenever". I always respect my ADR times.

I did get clarification through a CM at WDW dining that the reservation is though of as a "no show" at 30 minutes out. If you are later than that you are treated as a "walk-up", which we know means that you may/ or may not have a chance. Thanks for all of your help guys!

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I was told that if you didn't have a ADR that you could still walk up and try and get a seat. Dyin Tago wre did you hear that that wasn't true? If that's the case I'm very unhappy with WDW travel co. So far reservations hasn't been informative.

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Last year, we were over an hour late for a breakfast reservation at Cape May. They had already given up and scratched our name off the list. However, they were able to accomodate us after a brief wait. I think they will always try to work you in, but there is no guarantee if you are that late! (And of course we apologized and thanked them profusely!!) :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-28-2007, 06:04 PM
I was told that if you didn't have a ADR that you could still walk up and try and get a seat. Dyin Tago wre did you hear that that wasn't true? If that's the case I'm very unhappy with WDW travel co. So far reservations hasn't been informative.

The times that I've been waiting for an ADR I've seen them turn people away at Le Cellier and the Brown Derby. I don't know about Rose & Crown because I wasn't near the check in area.

:welcome:to Intercot :wave:
BelleLovesTheBeast

LoriMistress
08-28-2007, 06:20 PM
I think it's important to say, that regardless if you're at Disney or not, if you're more then 10-15 minutes late for your ADR then considerate canceled. If you want to eat at your ADR make sure you arrive on time or at least 10-15 minutes early before your official ADR.

rnin02
08-28-2007, 09:55 PM

That's always been the case for us in the past...even during free dining, we've been able to walk up and try to get a seat. And frequently we've been successful! dyin tago I hope someone was wrong when they gave you info!!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-29-2007, 01:55 AM
I called WDW DINE today and asked about them turning you away because of the free dining plan. The lady told me that it isn't any different than usual. You can still walk up and try to get a seat. She said that it will be hard to get in without a reservation but you can try.

I'll still keep calling hoping someone cancels for dinner at Le Cellier or Coral Reef. We got lunch at Tony's Town Sq. today because someone canceled.

TheRustyScupper
08-29-2007, 11:50 PM
1) Restaurants will hold your ressie for 15-minutes.
2) Because, everyone can be once or twice.
3) If you are later, it is their option to let you wait or not.
4) During Free Dining, don't expect that privilege.

EDIT: Once in a while is one thing, but my parents always taught us that routinely late people are rude and thoughtless and disrespectful of others.

KevGuy
08-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Wow, 90 minutes is pretty much forgetting about it not being late. However I can see them possibly trying to do something for you depending on how busy it is, hey things happen. But when there is free dining I seriously doubt it. I would hit the CS and get a burger at that point!:mickey:

katzctkpt
08-30-2007, 12:25 AM
We were running late for the 50's Prime Time and we called and told them we were running late about 10 minutes they said no problem that they would move our ressies up 10 minutes. That was the last week of June. We would have been on time had we not missed the bus from the resort due to our DD (teenager). Life is grand with a teen never know the mood you'll get. :confused:

disneynarula
08-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't expect to be seated more than 15 minutes late.

If they honored an ADR anytime then people would just show up when ever they felt like it.