PDA

View Full Version : epcot-food and wine festival

dizneyfreek
08-27-2007, 08:00 PM
just wondering if this means you get free samples of food and wine.....but it is Disney and nothing really is free!!! So if you have been to this festival give me some info. THANKS!!!

pjbs35a
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
MORE AT INTERCOT INFO CENTRAL (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/foodwine.asp)

koyote19
08-30-2007, 10:36 PM
just wondering if this means you get free samples of food and wine.....but it is Disney and nothing really is free!!! So if you have been to this festival give me some info. THANKS!!!

definitely not free. all those little snacks add up pretty quick if you're not careful. But it was really tasty!

McGoofy
08-31-2007, 02:30 AM
Ahhhh....F&W Festival...my favorite Disney time of year! Unfortunately, the food or wine is not free. You get tapas sized portions ranging in price from $1.50 - $4.00 depending on what you get. It can add up if you eat or drink a lot. Our family walks around the World Showcase, and essentially it is a tapas style dinner for us. We figure we would spend that much (if not more) on a nice sit down Disney dinner.

drosenbe
08-31-2007, 08:45 AM
How does the f&WF work with the dining plan. Is each item a 'snack'?

prttynpnk
08-31-2007, 09:41 AM
In the last 2 years we've been able to buy from the kiosks and use our snack credits. I hope this hasn't changed.

mudpuppysmom
08-31-2007, 09:49 AM
As previously stated the $$ can add up quickly.....the first year we went there were three adults and we were all buying different things.....when we had made our way around the entire WS we all looked at each other and asked how much $$ we had spent......it was over $100, but boy did we have fun!!! We all had samples of different foods and several wines; DH and I went on the wine walkabout in Australia too -- so be prepared to spend a little.

I do however want to say that there are a FEW (and I repeat FEW) free programs where you can get something small out of it, but I'm not totally positive.........If we see lines at 11 am for something starting at 1 pm we just keep walking......we wait no longer that 20 minutes for anything!! If there are no free programs, I'm sure someone will correct me......that's the beauty of this site......the font of knowledge we can draw from!!

JohnnyJayhawk
08-31-2007, 07:40 PM
We got stuffed walking our way though all the kiosks and it didn't seem like we spent too much.

As said above, at any price it is a wonderful experience.

McGoofy
08-31-2007, 08:08 PM
We got stuffed walking our way though all the kiosks and it didn't seem like we spent too much.

As said above, at any price it is a wonderful experience.

Did you purchase beer or wine? That's the part that adds up really fast. ;)