PDA

View Full Version : Who were you surprised to see?

julyjewel
08-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Have you ever been surprised to a character that you normally wouldn't see? When we were at WDW world a few weeks ago, I was surprised to Brer Fox & Bear. This was my first trip ever and I didn't think I would see these characters.:mickey:

Jenemmy
08-27-2007, 07:24 PM
I was surprised the first time I saw Mushu from Mulan. It was Christmas time and he was all decked out in a scarf and hat. LOVED him!

kjmom
08-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Last Dec. we saw Flick from a Bugs Life in AK. My daughter was thrilled to see him, we had been looking since 2000.

joanna71985
08-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Yup. There are several:
*Clara Cluck
*Stromboli
*Marie
*Esmerelda
*The 6 Dwarves besides Dopey

Meeko_33785
09-08-2007, 06:53 PM
The biggest surprises for me were probably finding the Fairy Godmother at EPCOT last year (I'd never heard of her appearing there and haven't since) and Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh at 1900 Park Fare's breakfast. Both experiences were totally unexpected but great surprises.

KentB3
09-08-2007, 07:13 PM
The biggest surprises for me were probably finding the Fairy Godmother at EPCOT last year (I'd never heard of her appearing there and haven't since) and Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh at 1900 Park Fare's breakfast. Both experiences were totally unexpected but great surprises.

The Fairy Godmother has been known to show up occasionally at the France pavillion in World Showcase. A few times she has turned up in Town Square in the Magic Kingdom as well.

Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh at 1900 Park Faire's breakfast was quite a surprise! I have seen all the pics from your webpage, and that is the only time I have ever hear of Rabbit appearing at the 1900 Park Faire character breakfast, let alone other places! :D

As many characters that you have pics of, meeko, I'm surprised there are any left that you haven't met! ;)

Greenlawler
09-09-2007, 12:08 AM
I was shocked to see Rabbit as well he was at Epcot England Showcase in Sept.05.
I was very surprised seeing Mr. Walrus for the first time at MNSSHP.
The most shocked I have been was in 04 at MGM when Phil, Herc, Meg, Kuzco, and many more common characters came out of nowhere. There were at least 15 characters out. It is my understanding that that year at MGM many characters would come out everyday around 1:00.

Tink#64
09-09-2007, 12:14 AM
I've never seen any of those great, classic, obscure characters. Boo hoo:cry: But we've seen lots of really great characters & gotten many autographs & great pix! But the funniest thing happened to us last year at MGM! We were walking around New York Street & a guy said hi to me & I said hi not knowing who he was & not even realizing that he was a character! It was Ron Stoppable! It didn't click until I saw Kim Possible! DS's laughed at me, they posed for pix with them & signed autograph's, I felt a bit embarrased & bad that I didn't recognize him! :blush:

But one of our best character memories was eating dinner once in the Castle & we looked out the window & saw Captain Hook chasing Peter Pan around on the balcony of the Castle! It was a hoot!:peter:

like2workout
09-10-2007, 08:46 AM
i ran into the sheriff of nottingham from robin hood once at epcot and was very surprised to see him. i had just seen and had my picture made with friar tuck and was excited about that, then turned around and saw the sheriff too. both were surprises!

GrmGrninGost
09-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Some of my favorites were Stromboli, Rabbit, Dopey, Scrooge McDuck and Mr. Walrus! We also got to ride the carousel with Mary Poppins last year, which was the coolest thing ever! :mickey:

jiifigment
09-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Great Thread! This as become a quest for us every trip. This year we got Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable, The Queen (the one from Snow White...we had her in 2002 as the Old Hag, but this year she was in her royal attire), Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Mulan, and Jafar.:thumbsup:

I keep wishing they would do a mystery character breakfast! You know, like one where unusual characters come around, but you have no idea who they'll be! We used to love the Soundstage restaurant, because it seemed they had unusual characters you couldn't see everywhere. :party:

Previous unusual characters we've gotten that we haven't seen in years...Cruella DeVille, Quasimodo, Nolka (in Norway), Sheriff of Nottingham, Big Bad Wolf, Dark Wing Duck, (off the top of my head) and of course the eternally missed Dream Finder! :sob:

Disneyatic
09-18-2007, 03:11 PM
We were so surprised last week when we walked onto Main Street the first day and saw Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow!
My daughter was ecstatic and that was one of the only character lines she actually wanted to wait in!
We also saw Daisy Duck on Main Street and Mulan and Mushu in China at World Showcase.

We saw the Step Sister's next to Tinkerbell's Treasures in MK but when we got there they had already closed the line down and we didn't see them again :mad:

baldburke
09-18-2007, 11:14 PM
I've only seen him once, but the lion from Bedknobs and Broomsticks. It was during our first trip. I wonder if we will ever see him again?

princessM0m
09-20-2007, 04:02 PM
We ran into Jiminy Cricket at Rafiki's Planet Watch last December. My DD7 didn't want a picture but I asked her to anyway because how often do you see him?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-24-2007, 10:38 PM
We ran into Jiminy Cricket at Rafiki's Planet Watch last December. My DD7 didn't want a picture but I asked her to anyway because how often do you see him?

I was just going to post that we met him there on Friday. In the past ten trips we have taken we have never seen him! I was so excited. :thumbsup:

We also met the Stepsisters and Stepmother, Mushu, Clarabelle Cow and Jack Sparrow.

We met the Fairy Godmother in Toontown last year as well.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-26-2007, 02:43 PM
We were getting off the train in Toontown, and ran into a whole pack of (for us at least) characters we don't see too often:

Cruella
Grumpy Dwarf
Baloo
and a couple I can't remember off the top of my head...will have to check the pics...but it was cool!

amorillo
10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
On our last trip we just happened to bump into Phoebus, who was wandering around echo lake all by himself! VERY COOL! :cool:

DDuck66
10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
On the weekend of August 15th we were at the HM annual passholder event and cut through Tune Town to catch the train. As I got on the train, I noticed Darkwing Duck was down at the end of the road. It was a first time that I had ever seen him.