PDA

View Full Version : Captain Jack at MK

disneymom15
08-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Does MK still have the skit with Captain Jack? It's over by POTC. I saw it in May, it was great. I couldn't believe how much the actor looked and sounded like the real Jack Sparrow. We'll be there in late October and I want by husband and daughter to see this.

Figment!
08-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Currently, yes. :pirate:

Gottaluvgoof
08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know when they do the skit? We have been on POC numerous times, but never have seen it. I know my DS 11, would love it! He is a Jack Sparrow super fan. :pirate::skull: We will be there in 11 days and I'm hoping to catch the show.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I think it was our last trip, my son was picked by a "pirate" to bypass the regular line and go behind the scenes and become the head pirate. He received a treasure map and a parrot mug filled with gold coins and necklaces. Is this part of this or something different??

Gottaluvgoof
08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
I think it was our last trip, my son was picked by a "pirate" to bypass the regular line and go behind the scenes and become the head pirate. He received a treasure map and a parrot mug filled with gold coins and necklaces. Is this part of this or something different??

He was lucky, but that's not it. It's a skit outside the ride. I bet he loved being the head pirate!

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
They do the show at various times thruout the day. We were lucky to catch it 3 times, once my son was "in" the show, then freaked out because Captain Jack was so real to him. He thought he was truly signing on to be a part of his crew. He quickly dropped out of the show!
Captain Jack (we saw 2 different ones..) was awesome!!! I think I was blushing the rest of the day. He is such a cutie.:blush:

HOLITRIN
08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Is this a permanent show? My son and I are going Dec 2008 and I know he would love to see Captn Jack!!!:pirate:

Figment!
08-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know when they do the skit? From Walt Disney World Shows & Entertainment Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/entertainment.asp)
Guests need to check the Time & Events guide for each park (the day of) to find the exact show times for that day. Below you will find information to help you make a general plan to catch these shows.

Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial
Description: Jack Sparrow shows young mateys the ropes of being a swashbuckling pirate.
Duration: 20 Minutes
Click for Photos (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/magickingdom/adventureland/piratetutorial/default.asp)
Typical Number of Showings: Six Times Daily
Typical Showing Time Periods: Six showing between 10:00 am – 4:30 pm

Is this a permanent show? My son and I are going Dec 2008 and I know he would love to see Captn Jack!!!As permanent as street shows are. It's been around for a little over a year now, but it is hard to say if it will last till the end of 2008 ...

LoriMistress
08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
They will list show times when you enter MK. It's near POTC attraction. The thing about the show, there is NO WAY you can get autographs or pictures taken with him. You can only get autographs and pictures through P&PP.

garymacd
08-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Great! My beloved wife loves Captain Jack. Actually anything Johnny Depp related. She will love this.

Gottaluvgoof
08-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the info Figment, aka Jason :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2007, 10:33 AM
We were there two weeks ago, tell me this guy looks like Johnny (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2663028450042804337qkJaTm)!!

Momof2boys
08-28-2007, 11:39 AM
We hung out twice last October to see this and both times turned into a Jack Sparrow Meet & Greet. It was great the first time as Jack spent a lot of time with the boys (and me :blush:) while hubby videotaped, HOWEVER the second time we were disappointed. The boys really wanted to do the skit. We're crossing our fingers for this October.

EmcDuckRN
08-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Ok, so as Disney seems to have about 100 things like this for DD to 1 for DS...

Any hints on what gets the kids picked or does it appear to be totally random?