PDA

View Full Version : New Country in World Showcase idea

RBrooksC
08-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Since Disney likes to bring things for California to Florida but not necessiarliy in the same capacity (IE: Finding Nemo in the Living Seas instead of 20K Leagues and Soarin' in Epcot). An idea for the increased pirates theme. Instead of retheming Tom Sawyer Island, Disney should get Jamaica to sponser a country but... instead of doing a current vision of the country, recreate Port Royale.

Build the city as it was during the high time of Privateering, well, maybe without all the debauchery. They could put a nice Carribean restaurant in there, Jack Sparrow all over the place. An attraction, apart from a well produced historical movie about pirates and the carribean islands during the 17th century, would be difficult since Pirate of the Carribean is in MK but it could be a way to incorporate a new country with a twist since the idea would be the past of that country instead of the present.

If they want to do current, I guess they could pop in there a current version of Hedonism... I would go to that. LOL

brownie
08-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I believe the transition of the Living Seas began before the Submarines at Disneyland, so it can't really be said it was brought from California.

I don't think a pirate-themed country would be a good fit with World Showcase, although I would like to see if another country or two could be added.

tiaramom
08-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I would love to see other countries too...
Carribean themes are certainley a nice idea.
I would love to see egypt. The pyrimids-
the land- animated camel rides- the saharra- a mirage. A gift shop loaded with amulets- tiny pyramids and khol eyeliner- HIstory and perhaps soem modern day ..I like the history...
and a fab. restaurant inside a tomb....
I really dont want to see any pirates themed attractions in Epcot. I actaully loved the mild culture - Its a relaxing ( for the most part)
I wouldnt mind pirates in MK though. Im personally.

tiaramom
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
oops.. wanted to say
I am all for a new country .. I personally dont like pirates...
Sorry!!! I am not good on writting fast on computer.

RBrooksC
08-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Well, I should have been a little more specific. Port Royale was an English Colony in Jamaica. It should be presented in that fashion with emphesis on Jamaica but do it from a historical perspective which would include the pirates.