PDA

View Full Version : caribbean resort

mouselover93
08-27-2007, 02:48 PM
im goin 2 wdw in december with my family and were staying at the caribbean resort if any1's ever been there is it nice

disneymom15
08-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Welcome to Intercot! We stayed there once. It's a very nice resort.

DDuck66
08-27-2007, 03:54 PM
The CBR is our favorite moderate resort. It is laid out beautifully with lots of room. We usually stay at Jamaica as it is located directly across the lake from the shops and food court. Makes it close enough for quick stroll but far enough away from the noise and crowds at the main pool. Each "island" has its own quite pool and bus stop. The different islands are set up more like a condo than a motel so it is really peacefull. There are only two stories so even a 2nd floor room is not too far of a walk. I am sure that you will have a great time.

watch4pixiedust
08-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Everyone has their own opinions and favorites, but we've stayed there twice and really enjoyed it. It is a large resort, and depending on where your room is, you could end up with a good walk to the food court, but I love the Island theming...........and the background music, the beaches with the hammocks, and especially the sound of the wind blowing through the bamboo trees as you walk across the bridge from Jamaca and Aruba, going to Old Port Royale. For some reason that sound is such a relaxing, vacation sound for me. :vacation::waycool:

And.......Welcome to Intercot!! :mickey:

vicster
08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm so glad to hear positive reports for the Caribbean Beach as we're going to stay there in September for the first time.

carley
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
we will be their for the first time too in spetember...cant wait

BronxTigger
08-27-2007, 08:45 PM
I. Loved. It.

poohluva
08-28-2007, 10:53 AM
DH and I loved it when we went on our honeymoon 15 years ago, going back in April with the kids.....can't wait!! Now that the kids are older, we don't "need" the theming of the value resorts.

:thumbsup:

RBrooksC
08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
The resort was very nice. The Port Royale food court was expansive and well-themed. The rooms were a good size and comfortable. The landscaping really gave the sense of being in the islands. I would stay there again.

Disney Doll
08-28-2007, 01:25 PM
We stayed there for the first time this past Feb and had a great experience. The landscaping is beautiful and you really get that tropical theming. If you have kids you can spend time relaxing in the hammocks while they build sandcastles on the beach. The pool is also nice and it is heated so you could swim in December. We could hardly pull our nephew away from the pool. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

teamblackwell
08-28-2007, 01:59 PM
hi all,
The rooms at CBR are nice sized, very relaxing atmosphere. At the end of a long day, its nice to go to the main pool and stand under the waterfall and let the falling water hit your shoulders and relax. We found only one down side to CBR, its all the walking. It can be quite a hike from some rooms to Port Royale, especially if you buy the refillable mugs. You take the mugs to PR in the morning for breakfast, then hike back to the room to drop them off. Then repeat the same thing for dinner. It can get tiring by the end of a week or so.
See ya in the World (WDW),
Teamblackwell

CzepielCrew
08-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Me and my husband stayed there in 1995. It was very nice and they were redoing many of the rooms. I liked the fact that there were lots of pools. There was plenty of room to swim. We went in October and practically had a whole pool to ourselves one afternoon. :thumbsup:
Jen

maizey05
08-30-2007, 06:10 PM
CBR is a fun place. It is huge, like everyone says. I've found the food court to be the best, in selection, value and yummyness, of any of the moderate resorts. I like that they have all the quiet pools at every "village". The gift shop has lots of nifty things also. Enjoy!

Lily
08-31-2007, 06:31 PM
We loved it last year. Going back in 15 days! :mjump:

nellyj
09-01-2007, 04:55 PM
nice to hear all the good stuff about cbr. we are also going in dec for 2 weeks. see you there.:mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-01-2007, 05:56 PM
DH and I just got back last night from a week at CBR. Our first time and it was our anniversary. We loved it! I had not figured an extra day in, though, to enjoy the resort and definately will next time. It is beautiful! A word of advice though. Be sure and request a certain village when making reservations and even though they can't guarantee it, are supposed to make a note of it. I did this and then didn't follow up by calling about a week or two out to confirm. When we got to check in, I asked to be in Aruba and hopefully #51. Check other threads on this site for the best villages and buildings. She said that the CM taking my reservations didn't even put it down and that they were booked solid and we definately couldn't get building 51. (It is the closest in Aruba to the bridge to Port Royal). She said she would check in the back. She was gone a little while and came back and said she loved that guy. He had given us a room in Aruba 54 which was great because it overlooked the beach and the pool for that village. Very convenient. Especially since she said we were originally booked in Trinidad South which is the furthest village out. I was so glad we were able to get out of that. Also, I had reserved a standard room because I forgot to reserve a King size and was going to ask at check in to upgrade until she said they were booked solid. I didn't bother and decided a standard would be fine. When we got to our room, we were very pleasantly surprised. They had not only given us the village we wanted, they had upgraded us to King without charging us. :thumbsup: The room was very nice and the bed was so comfortable, I wanted to bring it home with me. :) The only complaint I had was that they didn't give us a map as to where in the building the room was located and the signs on the side of the building did not include our room number for some reason. We were on the second floor and had to walk around and around the building about four times (with luggage) to finally find the room on the back side. I was very tired and frustrated when we finally found it. Also, the stairs are very few and far between and it is hard to find the nearest stairs to your room. We tried three or four until we finally found the nearest to our room that went down by the pool.

Explore when you get there. You will be surprised what you find. We finally explored the Cay the next to last day and found all kinds of hidden little areas with hammocks to read and enjoy some quiet time. If you have kids, there is a playground on one beach and lots to do. They do have a good gift shop also and good food. There are villages closer to Port Royal than we were but ours was a lot quieter being away from the main pool. You can hear the fireworks from Epcot every night but can't see them unless you go to the side across from Epcot. It was very peaceful laying in the hammock at night and looking at the stars.

We will definately stay there again. It is a short walk to each village bus stop and they have an internal bus that will take you around the resort. I found the refillable mugs a pain too because of the walk to use them.

EmmMOM2
09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
The pool with the castle and cannon was nice for kids. The resort is spread out so expect quite a bit of walking depending on your specific "island" asigned to you. Not my most favorite, but overall a nice resort.
Have fun! :)

mousetrapper
09-01-2007, 10:20 PM
We love CBR! It's the resort we've stayed at most often.

If you like beach theming, you'll love it. It has a wonderful feel and the setting is beautiful.

Enjoy!

:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
09-02-2007, 08:05 AM
We stayed there twice and I love it. CBR and POFQ are my 2 favorite moderates. I love all the pools too:thumbsup: And I really liked she shopping area and the food court:mickey:

mouselover93
09-07-2007, 06:33 AM
thanks guys its good to hear all these reports i told my dad and he said since he heard these reports hes not changing the hotel

WDW Dreamer
09-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Stayed there on 2 separate occasions. Is is very nice. Really enjoyed walking around the lake in the evening.