PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for son's MNSSHP costume

crazykids
08-27-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm looking for ideas for a costume for my son to wear to MNSSHP next month. Everything they have for boys seems to be a full body suit & that would be way too much for him to wear in the Florida heat. He's 4 1/2 & into things such as Buzz Lightyear, Cars, Power Rangers, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!!

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Have you looked on Disneyshopping website? They are having a sale right now on costumes. Also, check your local salvation army / goodwill stores. They usually have a lot of good items to come up with a costume and sometimes even real costumes people have donated. Good luck!

AmberB
08-27-2007, 05:43 PM
My son was Woody last year. I bought the hat and belt at the Disney store and made a cow print vest. He wore a yellow t-shirt, wranglers and cowboy boots (We live in Texas, so every little boy needs boots anyway). With the exception of the boots, the costume was pretty inexpensive. I would think you could skip the boots to save money or wear shorts to help keep cool and people would still know who he was.

Tick-Tock
08-28-2007, 10:42 AM
You could get a Stitch head hat and paws, dress him in a red t-shirt and shorts, with maybe some blue tennis shoes from a thrift shop.

Disney Doll
08-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Look through pattern books. Even if you don't sew you can get some great ideas. Many of the patterns are pretty simple so if you wanted to make one you could probably find something that was pretty easy.

Noah's Helper
08-28-2007, 09:50 PM
How about Linguini from Ratatouille? You could decorate a plain white t-shirt to look like a chef's jacket, wear red sneakers, and have a plush rat peeking out of a toque. You could get by with short pants. :chef:

Or draw a mustache on him and he could be Skinner. The adults could be Linguini and Colette.

DVC2004
08-29-2007, 03:03 PM
In the past I have bought the boys Halloween Tees (Target and Old Navy usually have some good ones) and they go like that. It's often warm in Florida in October. Or, you could buy a hat and acessories (say pirates hat and eye patch or hook for hand, or cowboy hat for Woody) too.