PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic and dinner reservation

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
My husband and I want to see Fantasmic and have a dinner reservation at Spoodles at 9:50. I heard that you could walk to the Boardwalk from MGM. Is this correct? How far of a walk? If we stay and watch Fantasmic could we take the bus or walk there in time to make our reservation? Thanks!

DDuck66
08-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I do not think you can walk from the Studios to Boardwalk, but I am pretty sure that there is a boat. Fantasmic usually lasts about 30 to 45 minutes, but it is very crowded so it takes a while to get out of the park when it is over. I would give myself at least an hour to get from the Studios to the Boardwalk after Fantasmic. You did not say when you were going so I am not sure what time Fantasmic was at. If it is at 9:00 pm, then you would most likely not be able to make your reservation. Remember that you are supposed to be at your ADR 15 minutes before the time.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks! Sorry, we are going Sept 21 - Oct 1st. MGM closes at 8 pm then. If we get out at 8:45 that would give us an hour to get there. We should be able to make it then?

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 03:38 PM
There IS a walkway from BW to MGM. It should take 10-15 minutes, the boat goes the same route, but you have to wait for a boat to arrive. You should be able to make it without a problem, just be sure to sit near the top of the stadium and this way you will be out ahead of the crowd.

Just look for the sign that says walkway to Boardwalk.

brownie
08-28-2007, 09:27 AM
You should be okay with the walk, but you also have the option of bus or water taxi if something is available without a wait when you exit.

MidnTPK
08-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Minor correction...there is no bus from MGM to the Boardwalk (nor the Swan/Dolphin and YC & BC). You have to either take the boat or walk to these resorts.

GreenB
08-29-2007, 05:59 PM
We always use the walkway back to our resort (Dolphin, Swan, BOARDWALK, Beach Club, Yacht Club, even EPCOT).
Depending on how long the line is to catch the boat it may take less time to go back walking. The time it takes depends on how fast you walk but I don’t think it’ll take you more than 25 minutes to make it to Spoodles from MGM’s EXIT. Remember that the boats will be PACKED after Fantasmic, so it makes sense to go back walking.
The walk is VERY nice and quiet. I highly recommend it and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.