PDA

View Full Version : Update on death of girl who died in 2005

DisneyDudet
08-27-2007, 11:12 AM
I just saw the TV show Dr G.:Medical Examiner, and they had a story on the autopsy of the little 12 year old girl who died at Typhoon Lagoon on Aug. 5, 2005.

I saw that there was one little post on the cause of death a while back, but I decided to post it again, as I just saw it.

She didn't die of trauma or a congenital heart condition. It was an infection and inflammation in the heart muscle called, myocarditis. She got if from the coccaci virus, which she could have gotten from anywhere, and she was just so sensitive to it, that it attacked her heart so quickly.

What I never knew was that her mother wasn't even there! She was still in Virginia during the whole thing.

I still pray for this family and all the other families that have had tragedies while on vacation at Disney World.

Moderators,
Feel free to close or move this thread. I posted it here and not in the original thread I found because I didn't want to have it at the top of the News forum, and people not pay attention and think that there was another death.

Mickey'sGirl
08-27-2007, 11:32 AM
I cannot fathom the grief of that little girl's family .. I think made even more so because they were not together.

In 2001, my sister's husband contracted myocarditis from "somewhere" at the age of 32 that resulted in him getting a heart transplant 2 months later. Thankfully he is now healthy and happy and just fine. This condition is fast and it is inconspicuous. (Initally the doctors thought he had pneumonia).

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Wow, that's pretty scary that it can be something that can be misdiagnosed initially.

crazypoohbear
08-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I just ran into an old friend who told me that her 17 year old son was still recovering from a heart attack. He had the same thing.
she took him to the doctors with chest pains, she thought maybe bronchitis or pneumonia. Then she spent 6 days in ICU with him.
He had plans to join the military but now they won't take him.
Thank God he is going to be alright now.