PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa

threeh
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Just wondering what the perks are and how to use them. Thanks!:mickey:

OperaGhosty
08-27-2007, 03:51 AM
My Disney Visa is one of my favorite cards! I usually only use it when I plan a Disney trip. The best thing to do, as far as the rewards are concerned, is make your travel reservations in plenty of time for them to post to your account and then you can use them to buy souvenirs on the trip you're going on. That's what we do. If you're spending $2,000-$3,000 on a vacation (to say Disney World) you would get $20-$30 to spend on merchandise at the parks. (you have to transfer the points to a seperate "gift card")
We also take advantage of the free 5x7 picture by any means necessary! It's really cool in WDW because you get a private room with just your family and the characters! I really appreciated that! In Disneyland, it's downstairs at the Ariel restaurant in California Adventure. The free one is the one that usually makes it into a frame when we get home.(you just go to the location and flash the card)
You get discounts at several restaurants and counter service locations in Disneyland. Possibly WDW, but we always get the dining plan, so I'm not positive.
Select merchandise places give you a discount on $50 worth of merchandise at Disneyland. You get a discount on $25 worth of merchandise at World of Disney in WDW.(use the card to pay for the items/meal)
There is a stroller rental perk, but I don't have a reason to use that.

That's all I can think of. At first I wasn't sold on the "$100 for 1 point" reward system, but the rewards do add up faster than you'd think. I use my card to pay for my car insurance. There's 12 points a year right there!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-27-2007, 09:54 AM
You get a discount on $25 worth of merchandise at World of Disney in WDW.(use the card to pay for the items/meal)
There is a stroller rental perk, but I don't have a reason to use that.

That's all I can think of. At first I wasn't sold on the "$100 for 1 point" reward system, but the rewards do add up faster than you'd think. I use my card to pay for my car insurance. There's 12 points a year right there![/QUOTE]

You don't actually have to use the card to pay at the World of Disney Store, you just have to show it.

Bethis26fan
08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
How much of a discount do you get at the WOD store?

IloveDisney71
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I LOVE my card. I use it for all my major purchases and I always pay for my Disney vacations with it. You get 0% apr for 6 months when you charge a Disney vacation. That way you have plenty of time to pay it off without interest. :thumbsup: I also love the fact that you can choose from a variety of different pictures for your card. They have Tink, Ariel, and one with Mickey, Donald, & Goofy (this is the one I have). They are really cute. :mickey:

brownie
08-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Check out the Disney VISA Rewards site, http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/.