PDA

View Full Version : January crowds?

cakelady0604
08-26-2007, 08:28 PM
My friends and I are planning to take our 3 families (12 people) to WDW January 17-21. Short trip yes but we think it might be all our 6 children, all 5 and under, can stand. My twins have been once (2004) but this is the first for my youngest as well as the other 3.

I know this part of January is a value season so I am hoping for minimal crowds and lines.

Is this wishful thinking?

Also through AAA, we were quoted $65/night at the Pop, Music, & Movie value resorts. I would rather stay at the cabins like before but NOT at $249/night again. Since we are on a budget; any chance of us finidng a better deal?

(I really want to spend the bulk of our funds on the Bibbidi Boutique and Nice Dinners in park.)

Thanks in advance!
CakeLady

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-26-2007, 11:32 PM
:welcome: Welcome to Intecot! Yes, you picked what we think is the BEST time of the year to go to Disney. There are almost no lines to the rides. The weather is gorgeous. A little chilly in the mornings, particularly for the children. The good news its almost never hot. I also don't recall any Florida rainstorms.

We've gone several different times in January. As for attire, a light jacket or sweatshirt (for the morning) with short sleeve shirt underneath (for the afternoon) and jeans or shorts.

You may want to bring a light blanket to throw over the children in the stroller in the mornings.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

EmisDisneyMom
08-26-2007, 11:36 PM
January - no crowds, :thumbsup: pack warm and cool clothes as the weather can be tricky.

MinnieMommie
08-27-2007, 05:59 AM
This is probably the least crowded time to visit in January (and the least amount of crowds all year). I agree that the weather is not a sure thing so plan on having to wrap up or pair down. Think layers. :mickey:

T-Belle
08-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Also through AAA, we were quoted $65/night at the Pop, Music, & Movie value resorts. I would rather stay at the cabins like before but NOT at $249/night again. Since we are on a budget; any chance of us finidng a better deal?

(I really want to spend the bulk of our funds on the Bibbidi Boutique and Nice Dinners in park.)

Thanks in advance!
CakeLady
Welcome to Intercot! Have you considered trying one of Intercot's sponser's..Magical Journeys?? They are famous for finding the best deals and it is absolutly, 100% free!!

January-2007
08-27-2007, 09:16 AM
We found the Magic Kingdom, especially, to be a lot more crowded in January than in October when we went this past year. The weather was lovely one day and terrible the next, so be sure to pack a variety of clothing. All the Extra Magic Hours we attended were fantastic. We were able to get our room at Pop Century for only $59 a night with the Annual Passholder rate that was offered. Last year they had a special on the Magic Your Way Packages that was if you buy the package with a base ticket you got park hopping and water parks and more option for free, so if they do that again you could save some money there. 6 People can fit into a cabin and only 4 in a value room, so if some of you wanted to share rooms you might be able to stretch your budget just a little to get into Fort Wilderness. That would be great with all the little kids, and it's only 4 nights, right? What's a thousand dollars between friends? ;) Happy planning.