PDA

View Full Version : Epcot?

tman
08-26-2007, 07:51 PM
The past three times my family and I have been to WDW, we have never been to Epcot. Would this park be fun and interesting for my kids who are now nine and seven. We will be going to WDW for five days and I was wondering if this park would be going to?

faline
08-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh my! Please be sure to visit Epcot on your next visit!

Your children can purchase passports and have them signed in each "country" you visit.

Not to be missed rides include: Spaceship Earth; Test Track; Ellen's Energy Adventure' Soarin' and Mission:Space.

Each "country" offers some flavor of the original, along with great performances and shopping!

I'm sure each member of your family will find something here that is sure to please!

Exo
08-26-2007, 08:01 PM
They should... Get a Test Track fast pass first thing. If that ride don't hook'em then they'll never like EPCOT. Enjoy the UK my favorite part :beer::thumbsup:

magicofdisney
08-26-2007, 08:03 PM
I love Epcot almost as much as I love the MK. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. It is a FABULOUS park. You could easily spend two days at this park and not absorb it all. If you're going while Spaceship Earth is open, it is a MUST DO ride. Have fun! :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
My kids are 10,7 and 3. Our favorite park is Epcot. :number1: (MK is a close second ;))

We used to do one day in Epcot a few years ago. We worked up up to 2 last year and have at least two days(I'm think more like three if I get my way!!) planned for next month.

There is just so much to see and do. Epcot is the one park we really take our time in.

Test Track, Soarin', Maelstrom, Spaceship Earth depending on when you are going, it is going to be closed when we are there :( and Mission Space are all must do's for our family.

My kids really enjoyed making robots in Innoventions (West I think) and racing them. We found about that here on Intercot last year and they had a blast doing it. It is free and you take the little plastic robot home with you. Very cute.

I always tell people to make sure they at least try to do one day at Epcot. Most are nervous their kids won't like it. Usually I am right. ;)

Have a great trip!!

jsdt
08-26-2007, 09:09 PM
My daughter is 9. Epcot is one of her favorite parks. She loves Soarin' and Spaceship Earth. The Kidcot's in each of the countries are places where they can get a mask that is attached to the end of a stick. They color the mask and then at each country you visit there is a little desk where they get a stamp on the stick of the mask and a little trinket that hangs from the mask. If you get 10 stamps (I think) they get a little 8x11 poster as a prize. If your kids like crafts or treasure hunts, they will enjoy this part.

mook3y
08-26-2007, 09:11 PM
The past three times my family and I have been to WDW, we have never been to Epcot. Would this park be fun and interesting for my kids who are now nine and seven. We will be going to WDW for five days and I was wondering if this park would be going to?

My son who just turned 5 says it is his favorite park!

Marilyn Michetti
08-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Oh my gosh, EPCOT is soooooo hands on. It's the best park there, IMHO.

Our first trip in 1984, EPCOT had just opened, and we were thrilled with it. We did overhear another family saying, "we would never go there - we heard it was all science", and tried to tell them what they were missing. I hope they actually went.

That was 23 years ago, and it just keeps getting better.

PLEASE go, and PLEASE report !:thumbsup:

jsw123
08-26-2007, 09:39 PM
I totally agree! We went with my extended family. Four kids (5,3,1,1) and all found something they loved at Epcot. The Nemo ride and Aquarium were HUGE hits! They also have Figment's Imagination place and Innoventions. For the countries, we did a little prep work and got them interested in the Eiffel Tower and the pyramid in Mexico. They really loved it! The advice about the masks and Kidcot badges is good, particularly if you have crafty kids that like to collect things!

Your kids are old enough to ride rides, too, so---I don't see why not! Have fun!:mickey:

DisneyDudet
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I visited Disney World my first time when I was 6. To this day, the park I remember most from that trip is Epcot. I am now 23, and parts of it still feel just like it did all those years ago. I've loved it since then.

While I go through spurts on which park is my favorite each trip (I get into strange moods sometimes!), I still hold the best memories to Epcot.

I think you should at least give it a try. Its not all about science and learning. Heck, you don't know you're learning because you're having too much fun!

Our must sees/dos are:
Soarin
Test Track
Mission:Space
Spaceship Earth :(
Universe of Energy
Turtle Talk with Crush
Cranium Command :(- so sad it will be closed forever most likely
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Impressions de France
O Canada
Shops all along the World Showcase

There really is so much to do, and I haven't even listed things we normally do!

Give it at least a day. If your kids aren't fans, try it again when they're a little older.

EPCOT Center had my heart when I was 6.

EmisDisneyMom
08-26-2007, 11:33 PM
GO! :thumbsup:

mttafire
08-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh my! Please be sure to visit Epcot on your next visit!

Your children can purchase passports and have them signed in each "country" you visit.

Not to be missed rides include: Spaceship Earth; Test Track; Ellen's Energy Adventure' Soarin' and Mission:Space.

Each "country" offers some flavor of the original, along with great performances and shopping!

I'm sure each member of your family will find something here that is sure to please!
Agreed. IMHO, EVERYTIME ANYONE visits WDW Epcot IS a must.:thumbsup: It is a great park with LOTS to do. They will love it.:mickey:

2Epcot
08-27-2007, 12:01 AM
I think for most people visiting WDW, Epcot is either their first or second favorite park of all the parks. I would certainly plan to go on your next trip ..... you've made 3 trips already, it's about time to see Epcot! :mickey:

teamblackwell
08-27-2007, 02:22 AM
Hi all,
Another vote or EPCOT here. My first trip to WDW was in 1984. I was 12. At the time, I was so mad at my parents for using 1 of our 2 days at WDW for EPCOT. To be honest, I don't have one memory of MK, but I remember quite a bit of EPCOT, from that trip. I remember the dancing waters, the hydroponoics (vegies growing in air), SE. I'm glad my parents dragged me there. lol
See ya in the Wold (WDW),
teamblackwell

MinnieMommie
08-27-2007, 05:54 AM
There is so much to do and see (and eat) in Epcot. Please do not miss the chance to experience this park with your family. Your kids will probably love visting the Living Seas and seeing Nemo and Crush and. Everyone pretty much covered the other attractions (did anyone mention the ride in Mexico and Figment?). Additionally there are all sorts of random things for kids to do (art work in France, acrobats in China) and enjoy. Epcot is a wonderful place! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
08-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Epcot is the family favourite in my house too! My kids (DS9 and DS3) have always liked the space for running -- Innoventions -- and the diversity of food and shops provided by the World Showcase. They also love Test Track and Figment. Go to Epcot! :thumbsup:

EpcotNut
08-27-2007, 09:03 AM
2 words - Yes. Definitely.

teambricker04
08-27-2007, 09:44 AM
This is our favorite. If I could go to only one of the parks (god forbid) it would be EPCOT!

The Flying Dutchman
08-27-2007, 09:55 AM
How have you not visited Epcot?!?!
You need to go! The kids will love it. With everything from the rides to the living seas to the different countries, there is always something to do. The Mrs. and I are planning several days in this park alone during our upcoming trip!
:pirate:

GrmGrninGost
08-27-2007, 08:03 PM
GO!! :mickey: There are some great rides at EPCOT that should not be missed! Soarin', Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Turtle Talk with Crush are just a few! Don't miss Illuminations! It is spectacular!! Enjoy! It is a wonderful place!

pjbs35a
08-27-2007, 08:08 PM
MORE AT INTERCOT INFO CENTRAL (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/epcot/default.asp)

jpH/keD
08-27-2007, 09:56 PM
We went to Epcot for the 1st time in '05. We had DD4 and DS2 and we went during the Flower and Garden show week. We only had 4 days so we only allotted 1/2day at Epcot. BIG MISTAKE! I could have spent all day at the butterfly house!! (Did I mention I like to garden?) However, there is SO much to do in Epcot. We too thought our kids would be sooo bored! Wrong again! We got our pics made swimming w/ Nemo and sitting w/ the Princesses.(Innoventions) and we loved the Living Seas. before The Nemo ride!! By all means go! Take the kiddos and have a BLAST! :mickey:

wire0monkey
08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
One of the best things for my kids at Epcot was the street shows. With a little careful planning, we were able to walk from one street show to the next. My kids loved the story teller in Japan and the taiko drumming. The acrobats in China and the fife and drum corps in America were also big, big hits.

Wrigley
08-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Your children will enjoy EPCOT very much. It is my favorite park and could spend several days there. The World Showcase is a must-you get a taste of all of the different countries, and your children will learn so much. It's also fun to "eat" around the world!:thumbsup:

disneynarula
08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Epcot is my favorite park. Even as a child I loved it. There is so much to do for kids.
Be sure to look at a map and plan things out however.

Epcot is huge and you want to avoid a lot of backtracking from one attraction to the next.

My favorite kid picks:
The Land Pavillion
Test Track
Honey I Shrunk The Audience
Malestrom

#1donaldfan
08-29-2007, 07:09 PM
I need to add my 2 cents in.....if nothing else and with all the info previously ..... you can have the best fish and chips EVER.......it's in UK.........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The Bookseller
08-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Just to add to the thread; it's the perfect place to meet Princesses. they are in their setting, in World Showcase and they always look more accessible than anywhere else.

On the other hand, Mickey & Co. can be met at the character connection, a well refrigerated place inside of a building in the futuristic part of EPCOT.

If your kids love characters, EPCOT is the place to go.

katzctkpt
08-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Epcot is not my favorite park but, there are a lot of things to see and do. I think one reason I'm not so fond of it is the heat. I think it's one of the hottest parks. My advice is go when it 1st opens and leave by 12 then maybe go back in the evening after 5 or 6. Be sure if you go when it 1st opens ride Soaring & Test Track before anything else. They seem to be the busiest rides. FP Test Track the regular line soon gets on my nerves after a 20 minute wait. Love the ride I just can't take the pinging noise. For a quick counter service meal try the Fish & Chips in the UK they are delicious.

jclightchasr
08-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Put me down for a must see suggestion as well. It is my 2nd favorite park and its a close 2nd. It is my wife's favorite park. Epcot is not boring by any stretch of the imagination. The park is brilliantly designed and an absolute must see!

RocknRoller94
09-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Epcot is my personal favorite park. The rides have great effects. Mission Space and Test Track are the best rides(in my opinion.)

GhostHost999
09-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Even when i was a kid EPCOT was one of my favorite parks. Sometimes it gets a bad rep...(not sure why) but any trip i took to WDW would feel very incomplete without going there.

You get an inspiring look at the future and a living world's fair all in one package. Really Good Stuff and should not be missed. :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
09-06-2007, 08:42 AM
There is so much for the kids to do at EPCOT that we like to take more than one day there while at WDW. Both my children age 3 and 8 love it. You would be so supprized by what is there. Visit it and enjoy all will enjoy it.

Red Randal
09-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Wow. Not one dissenting opinion on Epcot from anyone here on the boards. As you can tell from my avatar up there, Epcot is my favorite park as well. HOWEVER, in the interest of fairness, I'll play devil's advocate here.

Epcot is definitely the most "adult" of the 4 Disney parks. The entire idea of Future World is to combine fun with education. That's mostly the reason why it can get a rap as being "boring." Mission Space, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and (to a lesser extent) Test Track can be too intense for some younger kids. World Showcase's main draws are amazing architecture and authentic dining and shopping. This is not likely to enthrall too many kids.

That having been said, Epcot has tons of great stuff for kids (this IS Disney World, after all.) The newly refurbished Seas with Nemo and Friends is excellent for kids, Imagination is a great “old school” style Epcot dark ride for kids of all ages, and The Land’s Soarin’ is among the greatest theme park attractions anywhere. World Showcase has lots of fun live entertainment, Mexico has a ride featuring the Three Cabaelleros, and the aforementioned Kidcot stops. Lastly, the nighttime fireworks display, Illuminations, is breathtaking.

If you have a ticket that allows for park hopping, I see no reason not to devote at least a half a day to Epcot. If you don’t like it, then you can just leave and go to a park you know you enjoy. But this is your vacation. If what I described honestly doesn’t sound like something you and your family would enjoy in the least then, by all means, spend your time somewhere else. Chances are though, if my personal experience and the experience of all the Disney fans here on the boards are any indication, you won’t want to go home once Illuminations comes to a close.

threeh
09-06-2007, 03:26 PM
EPCOT is my kids favorite park, they are 10, 7 and 5. There is soooooo much to do. Make sure to check out Innoventions, we spent so much time there last trip. There is also a funplay spot while waiting for Mission sapce and we love to play the computer game when you get off the ride. If it's crowded make sure to Fast Pass soarin and test track, they are not to be missed. Also go around World Showcase and get your "passport" stamped. You can buy one or use an autograph book. I could go on and on... have fun and enjoy our favorite park!!:mickey:

grumpycajun
09-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I hate to tell you this, but you are going to kick yourself for missing it the last three trips.
Epcot is our favorite park. By all means check out Epcot!:thumbsup:

jwallace378
09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Epcot is a must every visit!

caryrae
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
If ya can find a poll about whuch park people like best (there's one somewhere) you would find Epcot is in the top 2 by far, of course MK is the other in the top 2. It also seems alot of people make Epcot a 2 day park.

Don't forget to go to Club Cool, where you try different soda's from around the world for free. Try the Beverley you will not be disappointed ;)

Here's the poll http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107517&highlight=favorite+park as you can see it is almost a tie for favorite park with MK.

pixiesmimi
09-06-2007, 11:56 PM
We never miss Epcot, with or without kids. They love it and so do we. We always make it a two day park. While they are having fun, the kids will also be learning something about the countries around the world. It is very educational and a lot of fun. You will enjoy the Illuminations at the end of the day too.

princessM0m
09-07-2007, 11:45 AM
If you haven't been there you really should go. However, it is so big that it can get overwhelming very quickly. :soapbox: Research the attractions before you go and come up with a plan of the things you want to see/do most, because you absolutely cannot do it all in one visit. If you do want to see it all plan to spend 1 day in Futureworld and 1 day in World Showcase.

DisneyCouture
09-07-2007, 12:11 PM
You should go! It is both my DH & myself favorite park. Like everyone already said there is so much to do. I think you will have a great time.

Anborn
09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
EPCOT has and probably always will be my favorite. I love all the rides, and as I've gotten older (28yo) have a greater appreciation for the countries in world showcase. :thumbsup:

If you need a reason outside of the rides, and the normal things... EC has without a doubt, the best food of any of the parks. I don't think any other park could compare with the table service quantity and quality offered in EC. :wine::chef: