PDA

View Full Version : Least amount of points

MinnieMommie
08-26-2007, 07:09 PM
I am wondering what the least amount of points people have added on to their original contract and if the add on was at their home resort or at another DVC. I am wondering if anyone has purchased a minimal amount of points added on to their contract but not at their home resort and how this has worked for them. Do you think it is better to keep the points at one place? Thanks :mickey:

DVC Mike
08-26-2007, 07:32 PM
I have done a few 25 point add-ons, as well as some larger ones. All my add-ons have not been at my home resort.

MinnieMommie
08-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I have done a few 25 point add-ons, as well as some larger ones. All my add-ons have not been at my home resort.

So How does this work for you? What is the least amount of points you have at any 1 DVC? Are there properties that you use only for a long weekend or a very short trip? Thanks :mickey:

vizsla
08-27-2007, 05:41 AM
The least amount of add-on points is 25, and has to purchased on a cash basis, and a minimum of 50 points can be purchased if you were going to finance.

DVC Mike
08-27-2007, 06:45 AM
So How does this work for you? What is the least amount of points you have at any 1 DVC? Are there properties that you use only for a long weekend or a very short trip? Thanks :mickey:

I've added on in small increments here and there, mostly for ease of selling those smaller contracts down the road.

I actually have 552 points spread across four resorts (AKV: 210; VWL: 120; BWV: 120; BCV: 102).

IWith a small amount of points at any one resort, you could still bank/borrow and use (#points*3) every 3 years. So, 50-points at one resort could be a 150-point trip every 3 years.

MinnieMommie
08-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks DVC Mike. This is helpful information. I am in the midst of think about adding on and not sure what route to take. This is more food for thought. :mickey: