PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Disney Villains 8

DizneyFreak2002
08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
We're Back..... Miss us??? Well, don't worry because after a long hiatus, the villains are back for yet more competition.... Let me recap how we play since we have had a lot more new members join Intercot....

How to play: On Sundays, I will be posting a poll listing 10 Disney villains, either from an animated movie, live action movie, theme park attraction, or television series. Your job is to choose which one of the 10 villains you want to see eliminated from the group of 10.... This will continue week to week as one by one villains are voted off... Once we get down to two villains remaining, the rules change... in the final round, you choose your favorite of the remaining two villains... After the week is over, a champion will be crowned.... Seems easy??? Well, it is....

This is the 8th edition of Survivor: Disney Villains.... The past 7 winners are:Maleficient, Scar, Zurg, Br'er Fox, White Witch, Oogie Boogie, and Sheriff of Nottingham.... In this version, we have a mix of villains from live action movies, animated movies, and TV series...

Are you ready to get started?? Alrighty then.... Round 1 here we go... Remember, vote OFF your least favorite of the 10 villains in the poll... As always, if you have any villains you would like to see appear in a future contest, please send me a PM... I will put the villain on my list.... Voting will last a week... Next round starts next Sunday....

VOTING BEGINS NOW!!!! Enjoy.....

DisneyNut2005
08-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Ian Howe has to go.

And please be nicer to the TV show villians this time, folks. Let one of them win, pretty please... :(

GothMickey
08-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Bobby thanks for bringing this back. Round one we need to knock off Commander Rourke.

DisneyNut2005
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Round one we need to knock off Commander Rourke.

In your opinion maybe.

Just remember to please be more respectful of the TV show villians.

DDuck66
08-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Hard choices this time around. Which do I like the least as I really have no strong favorite.....Ian Howe!!! A almost great movie. A stronger villain would have made this a classic. Bye bye Ian!!!

The Flying Dutchman
08-27-2007, 05:05 PM
And please be nicer to the TV show villians this time, folks. Let one of them win, pretty please... :(

Why do we need to be nice to the tv villains? If they aren't the best, they shouldn't win!

DisneyNut2005
08-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Why do we need to be nice to the tv villains?

1) It's the right thing to do.

2) One Pixar villian won, one live-action villian won, so it'd be only fair if at least one TV villian gets a chance at making it to the championships.

3) The TV villians have their fans too and deserve just as much love and appreciation.

4) Folks seem to just pass judgement on them and think that they're bad just because they weren't in the movies. At least that's the impression that I've gotten.

If they aren't the best, they shouldn't win!

Well, most of them actually are the best. Many of them are even better than some of the movie villians.

The Flying Dutchman
08-27-2007, 06:17 PM
As you so eloquently put it:

In your opinion maybe.

:mickey: All I am saying is that the best villain should win, regardless of where they do the evil deeds. If the best one is a tv character, then more power to them!

DizneyFreak2002
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't want to see a TV villain make it just to be nice to the TV series villains... if the villain is popular amongst the Intercotees, then that villain deserves to go that far.... With that said, I hope a TV villain does make it that far... To me, it would be an upset if the villain did make it that far... I love the underdogs....

DisneyNut2005
08-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Looks like Scroop is going to get the boot this round...

The Flying Dutchman
08-28-2007, 08:47 AM

and good riddance!

GothMickey
08-28-2007, 11:03 AM
I have a feeling Davy Jones will win this entire poll.

DizneyFreak2002
08-28-2007, 06:59 PM

and good riddance!

What did Scroop ever do to you???? :D

PirateLover
08-28-2007, 08:29 PM
In your opinion maybe.
Exactly. That is the whole point of this poll, to get peoples opinions on the best villains. You yourself said "Ian Howe has got to go." I happen to think he was a good villain, but I'm not going to reprimand you for stating your opinion. Besides, the title of this thread is SURVIVOR. The whole idea of these survivor polls originated from the tv show, which is not "fair" by any meaning of the word.

And oh, by the way, I voted for Scroop....

DizneyFreak2002
08-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, so far most of you want to see Scroop go in the first round.... I can side with that choice.... However, the race is pretty tight.... Commander Rouke, Mirage, and Ian Howe all have 6 votes apiece... Davy Jones, Willie the Giant, and Edgar do not have a vote yet....
Voting ends on Sunday... We are half way through the first round.... And with only 3 votes separating Scroop from either Rouke, Mirage, and Ian Howe, anything can happen... If you want to save Scroop, there is still some time left... Just come on in and vote....
Round two will begin on Sunday...

julyjewel
08-30-2007, 10:39 PM
What an interesting thread.

DizneyFreak2002
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
What an interesting thread.

Hang around.... it only gets better....

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-31-2007, 12:25 AM
I tend to think about what they did as far as being evil.

Commander Rourke - hires an entire expedition to go in search of the lost city of Atlantis, leads them through dangers untold, steals the pages from the book, beats/kills the king of Atlantis, steals the city's life force, kidnaps the princess, causes a volcanic eruption that nearly destroys the city, killed when he falls from the hot air ship after being crystalized from the power of the Heart of Atlantis

Captain Gantu - sets off from the Galatic Alliance in search of capturing Stitch, very ruthless in his methods of capture, endangers Lilo's life when attempting to capture Stitch, extremely strong, dances hula, but lacks any other notable abilities, later in series joins with Lilo and Stitch, still alive

Scroop - tries to kill Jim from the first time they meet, kills the first mate Mr. Arrow, blames Jim for the death, killed when B.E.N. accidently turns off the gravity and Jim sends him into space

Davy Jones - pirates the Flying Dutchman, undead and mostly invinicble, cut out his own heart which is his only means of death, helps capture the goddess Calypso in human form, sadistic, abandoned his job of ferrying dead souls lost at sea, controlled the Kraken, the ability to take controls of people's souls in return for favors, can phase through solid objects, teleports himself and his crew, can be controlled if his heart is possessed by another, cannot walk on land, dies when a dying Will Turner stabs his heart with Jack's help

Steelbeak - chief agent of F.O.W.L, can break through metal with his beak, very suave, considers turngn against F.O.W.L, still alive

Mirage - enchantress with power over illusions, strong enough to create illusion of Agrabah and it's inhabitants, attempts to take over the city, turns Jasmine into a snake, still alive?

Duff Killigan - world deadliest golfer, banned from every single golf course (including mini golf) for his temper, uses exploding golf balls, kidnaps Ron in one episode, time traveled with Shego, still alive and might become a cyborg

Ian Howe - funds Ben's expeditions to search for clues pertaining to the Nat'l Treasure, blows up a ship found in the glacier, leaves his former friends for dead, breaks into a government building twice, attempts to steal the Declaration of Independence, kidnaps a government agent, Ben's father, and his friend, leaves all of them for dead in the dungeons, arrested by the FBI

Wille the Giant - a giant, can transform, flight, invisiblity, very tempermental, captures Donald and Goofy, locks them in a box, becomes the Ghost of Christmas Present

Edgar - butler, gives the cats sleeping pills, drives them out to countryside and throws them in the river, greedy, locks the cats in a trunk, tries to ship them to Timbuktu, tries to kill O'Malley with a pitchfork, cruel to animals, sent to Timbuktu

There. Hope that helps in making decisions. Personally, I find that some of them actually did stuff compared to others. Others became good which wouldn't make them villians anymore.I voted this round for Mirage.

PirateLover
08-31-2007, 12:48 AM
CaptainJessicaSparrow, thank you so much for that villain recap! Sometimes I do forget specifics. I will definitely be referencing your list in future rounds. Great idea!:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
08-31-2007, 07:03 PM
CaptainJessicaSparrow, thank you for that villain detail.... I appreciate it... Check your PM....

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Heh, why thanks! Glad it could help someone.

Personally my list looks likes this:
1- Davy Jones
2- Ian Howe
3- Commander Rourke
4- Captain Gantu
5- Edgar
6- Scroop
7- Duff Killigan
8- Willie the Giant
9- Steelbeak
10- Mirage

Davy Jones has my win, not because I am a pirates fanatic....but because he loved a goddess, was scorned by her, and then proceed to help trap her into a human body. Not to mention his powers. So that says something that the others don't. And I think that would make him one of the stronger villians out there - aside from Maleficent (turns into a dragon), Hades (a god himself), and Jafar (becomes a genie with phenonmenal cosmic power....itty bitty living space).

But that's my opinion. :hide:

GrmGrninGost
08-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Steelbeak? Darkwing Duck? Is that really even Disney? Come on, let's throw the bum out!

DizneyFreak2002
09-01-2007, 11:14 AM
UPDATE: One more day of voting left.... With 34 votes so far, Scroop is still the leading vote getter with 9 votes..... Ian Howe and Commander Rouke trail with 7 votes..... There is still time left to get your votes in and change the outcome.... Round 2 will start tomorrow....

Good news.... Thanks to CaptainJessicaSparrow, we will, for now on, have a detailed description of the villains... I will quote her post in this thread for every round during this version.... She will also provide detailed descriptions in every version after this... That is, for as long as she wants to remain active that is... So everyone, thank CaptainJessicaSparrow for refreshing your memories of these villains....

DizneyFreak2002
09-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Just a reminder, voting ends today..... By 7:00PM round 2 will have started.... Scrrop still leads with 9 votes... Commander Rouke and Ian Howe trail by only 2 votes.... Tune in later tonight to see who was eliminated and who moves on....