PDA

View Full Version : 1st Trip to Disneyland!

Disneyglamour
08-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey everyone! :mickey:
So I've been to WDW almost 20 times but in November I am going to Disneyland for the FIRST TIME! Yay! I know WDW like the back of my had but I am totally clueless when it comes to Disneyland. Being the knowledgeable Intercotees that you are, could you help me with planning my vacation? I am planning one day for DL and one day for California Adventure. Which restaurants shouldn't I miss? Which rides? Shows? etc.
Thanks guys!!

tinkwest
08-27-2007, 12:17 AM
How early in November are you going? You may get the seasonal experience (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=108257)! :candy:

Holiday Haunted Mansion will for sure be up and running. Don't miss it!

If you have Hopper Passes don't set your "days per park" in stone. Go with the flow. If Disneyland gets too busy, go over to DCA for a couple of hours then return to Disneyland for evening fireworks and parades. Or hit DCA as soon as it opens, then hop over to Disneyland, Downtown Disney, or one of the Resort Hotels for lunch to plan your next move. Just playing it by ear has always worked best for us. You can be on Main Street USA Disneyland one minute and in line for Soarin' at DCA 10 minutes later.

If you feel you have time, try not to miss a showing of Aladdin at DCA. Wonderful show. I like sitting near the railing on the mezzanine level.

Try things unique to DLR such as the Matterhorn or California Screamin' or Indiana Jones, but don't limit yourself to these. Many attractions that are familiar to you by name (Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.) will prove to be different than their WDW counterparts.

Browse the Disneyland forums at INTERCOT. You will find lots of recommendations & comments.

ddcrna
08-29-2007, 07:04 PM
We are also longtime WDW visitors who have now been to DL/DCA 2 times in the last few years. Here is our list of attractions that are at both, but are very different and worth seeing for sure at DL

1. Pirates
2. Small World
3. Big Thunder Mtn.
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Space Mtn.

There is a restaurant in Pirates that takes Priority Seating Ressies and looks really cool - very similar to the San Angel Inn at the Mexico Pavilion.

Special "Not to be Missed" attractions at DL/DCA

1. The Aladdin Show - DO NOT MISS IT!!!
2. The Matterhorn
3. DL Railroad
4. Indiana Jones - the ride

Keep an open mind and have a ball - don't fall into the "it's smaller" mindset - DL is where it all began and has sooooo much to offer.

:cloud9:

DisneyWhirled
08-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Ditto your sentiment!!

We are going to DL in April 2008 (we are DVC members and DH wants to try something new, besides DW), and I must admit I am not so excited about it. I have been there twice, but do not know that much about it. I am lost on what to plan, where to eat, etc...

I ordered Birnbaum's and Fodor's DL with Kids and anxiously awaiting for them to arrive so that I can plan.

I am sure that we will have a great time, and I do have PLENTY of time...

teamblackwell
09-03-2007, 02:58 AM
hey,
here's my must not miss list;

-- Dining at the Blue Bayou restaurant, get PS and wait for water-front seating. Its fun to watch the POTC boats float by. and the scene they used for POTC Dead Man's Chest, (when they visit the fortune teller), was inspired by the Blue Bayou ride area.

-- Indian Jones Ride
-- Finding Nemo
-- Mr. Toads Wild Ride
-- Maliboomer
-- California Screamin

hope this helps,
Teamblackwell