PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist Nightmare!

dlpmikki
08-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I had booked a vacation for someone else with my points (way back in April). They got two nights at Beach Club and rest at Saratoga early October. A waitlist was set up to move them over to Beach Club if it became available. A few days ago I chanced to look on the members website and saw that an extra 3 days had been added at the Beachclub but that had cancelled all 8 days at Saratoga! I rang up straight away and they said for some reason two waitlists had been set up, one for 3 nights and one for the whole 8 nights and that when the 3 night one came up they cancelled the lot. Worse still there were now no rooms available at any resort. They have put me on what they call a VIP waitlist but at this late stage I don't know how confident I can be that something will come available.

I have emailed in a complaint about this which has gone to their 'customer satisfaction unit' but may not hear from them for a week or more. I said I expected them to find accomodation somewhere for the people concerned but I don't know what they will do. I had the unpleasant task of ringing the person concerned to tell them that there may not be rooms for all their nights after all.

Please can you send some :pixie: to fix the situation.

Any suggestions of what I can do more to try and get it sorted? I feel really awful about the whole thing.

MinnieMommie
08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Oh Mikki I am so sorry about this waitlist nightmare. The one thing I can think of is that some rooms are set aside I believe to use for non member stays. The entire space is not owned by members.I was at SSR one time and was told there were no rooms where we wanted to stay but when I persisted was told by the cM that actually there might be rooms but only a supervisor could access that screen and offer them. I asked to speak to the supervisor and low and behold there were rooms available. Also, I recommend you continue to call about the waitlist but also engage them in a discussion about the rooms that are available but do not show on a regular screen. I think if you politely persist something will be done for you. My undertanding is that it was a DVC error. Let us know what happens. :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Mikki, just a thought... you do have your confirmation for the first reservation you made, correct? And you never cancelled that reservation?

They really do need to make good on your reservation (I think they do the final release of available rooms to non-members one month prior)... insist on speaking to a supervisor!

vizsla
08-27-2007, 05:37 AM
As already mentioned in the previous post, I would work off the original ressie since there should be a confirmation #. As along as you have that you have a good case that they made the mistake and that they are going to have to do what ever it takes to fulfill that ressie. And I would talk to a supervisor to get the issue resolved.

dlpmikki
08-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Oh I have the original reservation all right. Thats what I have been quoting at them when I ring up. Haven't managed to be put through to a supervisor yet but I will try getting past the brick wall again next time I ring.

dlpmikki
08-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Well they have just rung back. They have 'communicated' with member services that they need to be more careful making their notes when they do waitlist requests. I said so that may help someone in the future but won't help me. They then claimed that there were no rooms available anywhere on disney proerty for the dates concerned and that they couldn't magic a room where none existed (an interesting choice of words I thought). They also seemed confident that in their experience the waitlist would come through but had no answer for what happened if it didn't. So still very much Grrrrrr :mad:

MarkC
08-27-2007, 11:58 AM
That is very unfortunate and something that you don't think will happen at Disney. Unfortunately, do to the size of the company some mistakes will happen.

I am not recommending this a solution, but I have a friend that went through this a few years ago, and it was at a very busy time. He tried to check into him motel with a reservation, only to be told the motel was full. Jim (his real name) went to the car and brought in a pillow. He proceeded to lay down on the couch in the lobby. When they told him he couldn't do that, he replied "then find me a room." They quickly found him a room at an upscale hotel, and the motel he was staying at paid the difference. You may want to be a little more creative. Jim just had a way of getting away with this sort of thing. Good luck.

dlpmikki
08-27-2007, 02:10 PM
For whatever reason the waitlist has just come through and we now have all the dates we wanted. :whew:

I don't think I will be in a hurry to use the waitlist ever again though!

disneydrmr
08-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah! Glad to hear all the pixie dust worked for you! See.. happy endings ARE a Disney specialty! :mickey:

Lucille
08-27-2007, 02:55 PM
I am so glad that this worked out in the end.

ElenitaB
08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Thank goodness! I'm so glad it worked out for you!

MinnieMommie
08-27-2007, 06:25 PM
What good news! I am so happy this worked out for all concerned. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I am so glad that it worked out for you. Thank goodness that you happened to log on and check on things! :mickey:

Caroleh
08-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Glad to hear everthing worked out, Mikki!!!

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-27-2007, 08:37 PM
For whatever reason the waitlist has just come through and we now have all the dates we wanted. :whew:

I don't think I will be in a hurry to use the waitlist ever again though!

Isn't it amazing how quickly a room became available when you really started raising a ruckus?? ;)

Truly Disney magic...:thumbsup:

Horizon93
08-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Great news Mikki! I guess it is a good thing that I check the site every day. I am on a waitlist now, so i will stay on top of it.

Beast_fanatic
08-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Glad to hear the pressure is off and that it all worked out! :thumbsup:

vizsla
08-28-2007, 05:32 AM
Glad to hear that everything has worked out.:thumbsup:

pogo
08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Congratulations Mikki. :D

MsMin
08-28-2007, 09:10 AM
I'll have to check mine out. I'm on a wait list for 1 additional day b/c I changed my dates last week. (41 days til we leave) I know it's tight right now for rooms around our meet time. So glad things worked out for you! :minnie:

Dsnygirl
08-28-2007, 10:28 AM
:mickey: Mikki, I'm so glad things worked out for you - what a lot of frustration for you, though, esp. when you're trying to plan for friends!! That almost makes it worse. But - I'm thrilled Disney "came through" for you... at least now you can relax and enjoy looking forward to your trip! :D

Fortgoofy97
08-28-2007, 12:18 PM
I wonder if your problems was created when the new waitlist procedures when in effect! We were waitlisted also for BCV with a confirmed ressie at SSR. I went on line one day and only saw the portion set up already for BCV. Then looked a little more and found they closed the SSR ressie and expanded the BCV ressie. So we were able to get all nites at BCV and will be there for the meet!! Yea!!:party:

iheartdisney
08-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Sorry, I just had to post....LOL....I eagerly clicked on this thread because I thought it read "Waistline Nightmare"......I was wondering why dieting woes were being posted in the DVC thread! :blush:

TheRustyScupper
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
1) Glad things worked out.
2) However, the problem was the double wait list.
3) If you did in fact have two wait lists, they had to pick one.
4) Obviously, they can't read your mind.
5) They, and the computer, did the best they could.

faline
08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Glad it all worked out, Mikki!

dlpmikki
08-28-2007, 02:34 PM
1) Glad things worked out.
2) However, the problem was the double wait list.
3) If you did in fact have two wait lists, they had to pick one.
4) Obviously, they can't read your mind.
5) They, and the computer, did the best they could.

I didn't know they had set up a double waitlist. I'm sure the initial CM back in April was trying to be helpful when setting them up like that, but combined with the new system it caused the problem later.

It might have been nice if waitlists set up before the new rules came in were confirmed after the new rules came into force to check they were still appropriate. I'm sure Disney's computers are/were clever enough to do that. I might have found out about the double waitlist then and been able to establish with Member Services what it might actually mean.

They can't read my mind and I can't read theirs. If what the CM tells you on the phone does not tally with the notes they make on the waitlist request (or don't make) then you may be up the creek without a paddle.

Tink&Goofy
08-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Glad everything turned out. I'm sure the problems were caused by the new waitlist rules. I, for one, do not care for the rules, since it does not allow the ability to waitlist one additional night at your currently booked resort AND ALSO waitlist the entire time period at a desired resort. By having just one day in common, the waitlist for the desired resort is cancelled when just the one day comes through at the booked resort. I have no problem with the automatic confirmation - I would rather they do this - but just keep the second waitlist in place, since it includes days not covered by the other waitlist. (Boy, did I make that confusing or what :D).

Maleficent's Dad
09-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Mikki,
Coming in late on this - but I just read the entire post.
Glad it worked out for you; your initial post scared me!!! Yikes!
Just what is a "VIP Waitlist?" :confused:

Tink&Goofy
09-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Just what is a "VIP Waitlist?" :confused:

That the "we-screwed-up-so-we-will-put-you-on-the-top-of-the-waitlist" waitlist.:funny::laughing: