PDA

View Full Version : Affordable way to identify an Intercotee

ariel03
08-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I was wondering if we could come up with an affordable way that we could identify each other in the parks. I know there are shirts for sale but a few of us can be really tight on cash but still would like to be identified in the parks by other intercotees. We can still have resort meets but again we need a way to identify each other in the parks. So what are everyone's Ideas. What can everyone get that can be brought with us to the parks that says we are an intercotee.Needs to be something that can really stand out that someone normally may not have with them in the parks.:mickey:

UPDATE: Look at post #14 for a pic of the keychain I made.

CleveSJM
08-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Great idea! Maybe those silicone bands like LiveStrong, etc.

Maybe make them Black and Red with Intercot embossed in them...

ariel03
08-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I was thinking something more noticeble. Something anyone can go out to a local store and get for cheap or something they could get or make for free. :)

CleveSJM
08-26-2007, 01:19 PM
I was just reading over in the 10th Anniversary section (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103334)a similar thread.

Some kind of key chain thing seems like it might work. Attach to a backpack or belt loop. Maybe Intercot can work up a logo/printout template saying "I'm _screenname_ on Intercot. Look me up at www.intercot.com (http://www.intercot.com). Advertise and identify! Or just a blank space we can Sharpie in our screennames...

We can print/customize it, laminate it and attached it somewhere noticable...

ariel03
08-26-2007, 01:43 PM
That sounds like a good idea. Just need to get it into the works now! :thumbsup:

Wolf
08-26-2007, 02:39 PM
At one sci-fi convention I went to they had a LiveJournal meetup and we all picked blue ribbon and tied a piece around our left wrist and thats how we knew each other, that would be a cheap easy way to do it.

ariel03
08-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Thats a good idea too. Keep them coming once we got a few we can all decided on one.

Terra
08-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I love the idea along the lines of the key chain/lamenat idea!

Even just some sort of lamenated "business card" size thing that says www.intercot.com in bright colors and attach that to a bag!!

For me I carry just a diaper bag so something along those lines would be perfect!!

I go all the time and wonder who from intercot might be there!!! I would love to know for sure!!

disneydeb
08-26-2007, 08:31 PM
I wonder if JohnY or Carol could give us a 10th anniversary logo that we could download and printout about business card size in blue then we could put our screen names and www.intercot.com on the back, cut it out (business card size) and laminate. hole punch and string it to your bag.:mickey:

Clotho
08-27-2007, 12:32 AM
On another board I belong to, they use the Disney paint chip from Home Depot in green. Couldn't Intercot use one in an agreed upon color? Maybe blue? Pooh's Umbrella?
http://disney.go.com/disneyhome/disneypaints.html

MMouse6937
08-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I like the idea of the intercot logo on a business sized piece of paper and then put your screen name on the back. Either wear it on your lanyard or attach it to your bag. I think that's a GREAT idea!! :party:

bleukarma
08-27-2007, 11:43 AM
For the 10th Anniversary Party I plan on getting a cheap $3 tank top and getting those fabric lettering and putting Intercot.com and my screen name on the back.

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM
I agree with these fabulous ideas. Honestly, during our minimeet in August, I didn't even notice John's Intercot tshirt. Duh, I'm sorry, I guess I just wasn't looking for a white shirt in a sea of light colors anyway. I did notice the female wearing the little tiny green dress that didn't even cover her unmentionables, her panties were showing, and NO they weren't spankies like cheering uniforms...They were underwear. Oops, sorry off topic.

I like the business card size, or maybe "Buttons" like the happy birthday or anniversary type, the downloadable card to laminate and hang on your bag (if you wear one) or wear it like a nametag or on a lanyard. Something bright and cheerful and easily recognizable.

C'mon JohnY, I know you can do this...look at what you have done with this site!! You rock. If I can't be at WDW, than I am at Intercot.

ariel03
08-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Since someone mentioned making a keychain for your bag I made this: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Dis%20Photos/IntercotTag001-1.jpg

I wrote member since 2003 cause I was a loyal reader before offically joining.
So keep an eye out for us. :hi:
We will be staying at POP Century Sept. 11th-18th.

kakn7294
08-27-2007, 04:06 PM
At the same mini-meet as Kristen, the only reason that I noticed John's t-shirt at all is that I was specifically looking for someone in an Intercot t-shirt since he told me that's what he would be wearing. For the past 2 trips, I have worn my Intercot 5 year pin either on my lanyard or on one of my bags and not one person has mentioned it so I doubt that anyone noticed it. I also belong to "that other board" with the green mouse-head paint chips and have never noticed those in the parks either. Whatever we choose, people are still going to have to look for it and honestly, I don't pay attention!

ariel03
08-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Need something that can be quite eye catching!:thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
09-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I was thinking the same thing while at the parks this week. Every time I heard someone talking about some hint we have picked up on Intercot, I wondered if they were a member and what their name was. I wanted to ask several people but didn't have the nerve. Don't know why.:confused: I kept thinking it would be nice to have a button or pin or something to wear to identify ourselves.

ariel03
09-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm a bit shy but I think I would be able to talk to an intercotee.
I know alot of you are really nice so that is good to know when asking.
:hi: "Hi, you an intercot member?"

DisneyCouture
09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Since someone mentioned making a keychain for your bag I made this: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Dis%20Photos/IntercotTag001-1.jpg

I wrote member since 2003 cause I was a loyal reader before offically joining.
So keep an eye out for us. :hi:
We will be staying at POP Century Sept. 11th-18th.

I think that keychain is so cute. How did u make it? I like that idea to attach it to a backpack.:thumbsup:

thrillme
09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I LOVE the idea...but unfortunately we're not going till NEXT October. But still...that would be a blast.

ariel03
09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I think that keychain is so cute. How did u make it? I like that idea to attach it to a backpack.:thumbsup:

I made the keychain by going on google images and looking up Intercot. I got the two images that are on the top and bottom of the keychain and pasted them into my microsoft works word processer. I then wrote what I thought was good in the center (stating as member and date joined or reader since) and made size adjustments till it was just right for my keychain.

DisneyDudet
09-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I like the key chain! Now that we've changed our MNSSHP costume idea, I don't have anything to make so, maybe I'll make one!

DisneyDreams09
09-08-2007, 01:15 AM
How many of you would answer if I stood in the middle of Main Street USA and yelled, "ARE THERE ANY INTERCOTEES HERE?" That is what we should do, then to answer yell out your screen names...

ariel03
09-08-2007, 07:10 AM
:here: I'd answer but I wouldn't do that myself.

The Flying Dutchman
09-08-2007, 10:15 AM
I'd definitely answer! Any excuse to yell in public sounds good to me!
:pirate:

bellerose
09-08-2007, 08:57 PM
I thought about buying a t-shirt so that people would know I as Intercot...but, alas, I have not yet. I like the key chain idea because I do use a backpack in the parks. I would talk to someone if I knew that they were from Intercot.

"Are you on Intercot?"
"Why yes I am. I'm bellerose."
"Nice to meet you. I'm your name here."
"Hi! Nice to meet you."

Uncomfortable silence.....

"Well see ya!!'
"Yeah bye."

:haha:

goofiecrazy
09-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I most likely belong to the other Disney board that clotho belongs to and they get a lime green mickey head paint sample fro mhome depot and put it on their bags and that way if ur a member from those boards u can meet each other.MAybe we should pick another color from there and make it ours.

pixiesmimi
09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
I personally would like to see it be a unique button or pin to wear. That way you could see it as you are meeting a person walking or standing in line, etc. I think it would be hard to see a key chain hanging somewhere like from a backpack or something. We had no problem with people noticing our Anniversary button from far away or up close and think something like this would be good.

I would probably wave back at you but might not yell at you out in public. :) :rocks: :wave:

DisneyDudet
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
For the 10th Anniversary Party I plan on getting a cheap $3 tank top and getting those fabric lettering and putting Intercot.com and my screen name on the back.

I went to a craft store last night to look into that, and that lettering is expensive! Especially since my name has 3 D's in it! The one I found only had two!

How do you plan on doing it inexpensively. I found a shirt I would wear, but I don't know about the lettering...

ariel03
09-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Well you could get a shirt use fabric markers and letter stencils and make your shirt that way. It is a nice cheap way to get about the same effect. :thumbsup:

John
09-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey All:

Just to let you know, we are working on more "promo" sort of items that would be able to be used to identify yourself as an ICOT member... including lanyards, pins, light up items and more. And I'm especially working on keeping the price down.

This started out of looking for some nice items for the tenth party and has grown in to the idea to sell these things year round just for the purpose mentioned here.

So.... those going to the 10th party will see and get some of this stuff free and be able to get light up ICOT pins cheap. Then following the 10th, I'll post pics and start taking orders on the things that go over best! :cool:

John
09-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Well you could get a shirt use fabric markers and letter stencils and make your shirt that way. It is a nice cheap way to get about the same effect. :thumbsup:

BTW, for a total of $15 plus shipping, you can get the COMBO of an ICOT T and ICOT Hat right now in the INTERCOT Shop http://www.intercot.com/shop/apparel/combo.asp. By the time you buy the fabric markers and tshirts, you are more than half the way there and I guarantee these will last much, much longer...

Of course, you can't wear the same shirt every day :thedolls: so that's why we are working on pins and lanyards. BTW, the lanyards light up as well....

A few other items in the "labs" include a backpack, a messenger bag, a variety of hats, sweatshirts/hoodies for fall and of course, a few new shirts as well. I am always open to suggestions and great ideas as well.

Finally - let me see what I can come up with for a lanyard pouch card. We needed these for October - and maybe I can post a template and you can print.

ariel03
09-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Love your sales pitch. :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to buy a shirt but everytime I get to it something else comes up.
Think I may just break down and get the jacket instead. :D

John
09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Love your sales pitch. :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to buy a shirt but everytime I get to it something else comes up.
Think I may just break down and get the jacket instead. :D

Well, honestly, it is VERY Cool - and the logo is huge on the front and back. Not much I can do about the price as it's a lot of stitches, but if you do get it, you'll love it. I have 2 ;) One from when I was a big guy and one now that I am the Mini JohnY.

offero
09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I like the button idea. I personally am a big kid and I will walk around with the Mickey ears on. I would put the button right up on the ears. Too bad that we could not get the parks to do a special stitch in the name on the hat. Like an I or Inter before they stitch your name on the hat.

I like the idea of a key chain or such but think it might be hard to see.

DisneyDudet
09-10-2007, 11:02 AM
John, I enjoy the word... free... what is the free thing/things? Where would we get them, at the Illuminations meet?

I would like to wear my Intercot shirt from the donation drive... but I will get lost in a sea of navy blue I am sure (and I do wear it every day to work... I may wear it on an off day).

Speaking of my shirt.... where did I put it anyway...

John
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
John, I enjoy the word... free... what is the free thing/things? Where would we get them, at the Illuminations meet?

I would like to wear my Intercot shirt from the donation drive... but I will get lost in a sea of navy blue I am sure (and I do wear it every day to work... I may wear it on an off day).

Speaking of my shirt.... where did I put it anyway...

The free stuff is going to be given out to those who registered for the illuminations event. At this time, it includes a lanyard, light up pass, tshirt and canvas bag.

Buttons will be available at EVERY MEET and will run $5. They have the intercot logo on them and will light up at night.

John
09-10-2007, 06:08 PM
New way to identify ICOTEES in the parking lot and of course in your town - and it's under $5 ;)

See - I told you I was working on it.

ICOT Euro Oval Stickers (http://www.intercot.com/shop/stickers/default.asp)

SgtTigger
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
light up items and more. And I'm especially working on keeping the price down.

John everyone knows I love light up items.............. Sooooooooo whats the idea????? and how soon can I order????? come on you got me on the hook real me in..... :D

I like the idea of a download too......

:joy:

:cop: :tigger:

mouseketeer mom
09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I thought about buying a t-shirt so that people would know I as Intercot...but, alas, I have not yet. I like the key chain idea because I do use a backpack in the parks. I would talk to someone if I knew that they were from Intercot.

"Are you on Intercot?"
"Why yes I am. I'm bellerose."
"Nice to meet you. I'm your name here."
"Hi! Nice to meet you."

Uncomfortable silence.....

"Well see ya!!'
"Yeah bye."

:haha:

Oh my gosh. That would be so awkward. I think tho, I would be able to talk to anyone from intercot and feel comfortable. At least I think so! I'll be meeting Buzznwoodysmom in November, and I'm really excited. I wish I was meeting more intercotees! By the way, for those of you who have met, not at an official meet, but just hooked up one on one, or family to family..how has it gone? Was it awkward, or a whole lot of fun? I am so looking forward to meeting my first fellow intercot member!!

Mousefever
09-10-2007, 10:22 PM
The free stuff is going to be given out to those who registered for the illuminations event. At this time, it includes a lanyard, light up pass, tshirt and canvas bag.

Buttons will be available at EVERY MEET and will run $5. They have the intercot logo on them and will light up at night.

That sounds SO awesome, John! That's such a nice and unexpected thing for you to do!
Thanks!

:dory:

DisneyDudet
09-11-2007, 12:15 AM

Oh my gosh! That is TOTALLY unexpected! That is a lot of stuff!

I am going to say a very LARGE thank you in advance for all your work and planning, and obviously time and money!

Thank You!!

Also, I have been eyeing the jacket. The only problem is I want it personalized, and my screen name is one letter over the limit! No one knows me by my first name! Oh well, maybe I'll just save the 5 bucks.

Again, we really appreciate ALL that you do here! The car sticker looks good. Is it one of those where you place it on your car and peel off the side and just leave the lettering, or is it white and clear?

Carol
09-11-2007, 07:58 AM
By the way, for those of you who have met, not at an official meet, but just hooked up one on one, or family to family..how has it gone? Was it awkward, or a whole lot of fun? I have found everyone I have met to be the personality portrayed in text on the boards. Back in 2003 a few of us realized we'd be vacationing at the same time and opted to meet for lunch at the Kona Café. (This was my first 'meet' and boy was I anxious and nervous). We had a blast visiting, laughing and dining.

Some of us gals have bonded so tightly we now vacation together. :marg:

disneycouple2004
09-11-2007, 09:20 AM
So many great ideas...the free stuff is great !!..We will be there Dec 22-29th. I think i will order us the jackets this year if the funds allow for it...if not i will come up with something..yell out if you see us...i may have a shirt on that says I AM FROM TEXAS YALL...SAY HOWDY...i am not shy at all..be sure and yell at us..:D

Natazu
09-11-2007, 11:48 PM
With a trip coming up, I just spent a few minutes looking at INTERCOT Apparel and want to take a minute to say something. I found the prices to be more than affordable, they're down right amazing. The last Polo shirt I bought at Penney's was like $26 and it didn't even have an INTERCOT logo. I may get all my clothes here from now on.

John
09-12-2007, 12:32 AM
With a trip coming up, I just spent a few minutes looking at INTERCOT Apparel and want to take a minute to say something. I found the prices to be more than affordable, they're down right amazing. The last Polo shirt I bought at Penney's was like $26 and it didn't even have an INTERCOT logo. I may get all my clothes here from now on.

There'll be a little something extra in your paycheck this month Jym :cool:

Funny thing is, I have a bunch more styles that we already have done - I just need to upload them. Especially things like different colors and ladies apparel...

John
09-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Also, I have been eyeing the jacket. The only problem is I want it personalized, and my screen name is one letter over the limit! No one knows me by my first name! Oh well, maybe I'll just save the 5 bucks.

Is it one of those where you place it on your car and peel off the side and just leave the lettering, or is it white and clear?

The jacket lettering isn't a problem. We'll make it fit.

The stickers are the kind you peel off the top paper and leave the lettering alone (or die cut vinyl) on your car. No clear stuff. Just the vinyl, which has a 5-7 year rating - so it will be with you a while if you want it to be. Conversely, it's very easy to take off cleanly.

DisneyDudet
09-12-2007, 01:53 AM
The jacket lettering isn't a problem. We'll make it fit.

The stickers are the kind you peel off the top paper and leave the lettering alone (or die cut vinyl) on your car. No clear stuff. Just the vinyl, which has a 5-7 year rating - so it will be with you a while if you want it to be. Conversely, it's very easy to take off cleanly.

Aw! You would do that just for me!? I am going to make my decision this week regarding the jacked (and possibly the sticker.. even though my car doesn't really have a place for it.. I'll have to inspect)!

I can't wait to see the new clothes. I may just need to hold off on my shopping spree and wait to get some Intercot clothes!

Jeff G
09-12-2007, 11:46 PM
I have a couple Intercot T-shirts and was looking to maybe purchase a polo but could only find dark colors. John, is it possible to make one lighter colored. Being from Wisconsin I get zapped by the heat very quickly so a navy or black shirt in Orlando is not an option. If you had a white or light yellow polo I would be very interested in purchasing one.

After posting I noticed the embroidered T's, I like the looks of those but again dark colors. Any chance of a lighter color?

John
09-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Will see if I can post some other options this weekend.

Here we go again...
09-13-2007, 05:54 AM
New way to identify ICOTEES in the parking lot and of course in your town - and it's under $5 ;)

John,
Will you have some of these decals at the meet? (looking to save shipping charges :blush: )

Here we go again...
09-13-2007, 06:14 AM
Oh my gosh. That would be so awkward. I think tho, I would be able to talk to anyone from intercot and feel comfortable. At least I think so! I'll be meeting Buzznwoodysmom in November, and I'm really excited. I wish I was meeting more intercotees! By the way, for those of you who have met, not at an official meet, but just hooked up one on one, or family to family..how has it gone? Was it awkward, or a whole lot of fun? I am so looking forward to meeting my first fellow intercot member!!

I have met quite a few now. We all seem to hit it off well and remain friends. Some people are more "in your face" when you meet them... you know the kind, loud, obnoxious... (Jeanne) ;)
Others are shy and quiet (msmin). But no matter who they are, you have one big thing in common... a love for Disney. You WILL have something to talk about.

You will be meeting Denise (Buzznwoodysmom). She is a very nice person and loves to talk. Don't worry, there will be no awkward silence there. As a matter of fact, I need to call her to go to lunch. :D

John
09-13-2007, 06:50 AM
John,
Will you have some of these decals at the meet? (looking to save shipping charges :blush: )

Gotta be honest - I don't think I am going to be selling anything at the meet. Too much to worry about otherwise. PLps, I want to have fun too! :)

Shipping is only 75 cents ...

DisneyDudet
09-13-2007, 09:54 AM
I can't wait for the new additions!

I'll be looking every day!

Figgyluv03
09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
I figured out the easiest and cheapest way to find each other in the park.

Just walk around shouting that You're "such and such" from Intercot, anyone else form Intercot???

Here we go again...
09-14-2007, 08:36 AM

John,
Will everyone that registered get the free stuff, or just 1 per family?
I was wondering because my DD is bringing a friend (who is registered). It would be cool for her to get some free stuff from the meet too.

DisneyCouture
09-14-2007, 09:53 AM
I most likely belong to the other Disney board that clotho belongs to and they get a lime green mickey head paint sample fro mhome depot and put it on their bags and that way if ur a member from those boards u can meet each other.MAybe we should pick another color from there and make it ours.

I made one with the Black mouse ears paint sample and wrote what Ariel03 wrote on hers.
Screen name
yr joined
and then I laminated it. It came out pretty good. I am going to attach it to a key ring to place on my backpack.

disneydeb
09-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Well I'm no techno wiz ( as most of you know), but I managed to make a jpeg copy of the 10th anniversary logo and color copied it onto cardstock.
Did Ido something illegal? I plan on putting my screen name on the side, laminating it and putting on my lanyard.

See you soon!

Dsnygirl
09-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Hey All:

Just to let you know, we are working on more "promo" sort of items that would be able to be used to identify yourself as an ICOT member... including lanyards, pins, light up items and more. And I'm especially working on keeping the price down.

This started out of looking for some nice items for the tenth party and has grown in to the idea to sell these things year round just for the purpose mentioned here.

So.... those going to the 10th party will see and get some of this stuff free and be able to get light up ICOT pins cheap. Then following the 10th, I'll post pics and start taking orders on the things that go over best! :cool:
Wow!! That is awesome!! I never expected that when I signed up - you've really gone above and beyond for us, so thank you, thank you!! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see everything!!

Too cool - :cool: - I just ordered 3 (one for my car, one for the parks, one for ??? :blush:). Do you think I might get them before the bash?? Thanks again for doing them!!

Funny thing is, I have a bunch more styles that we already have done - I just need to upload them. Especially things like different colors and ladies apparel...
Can't wait to see... I've got the white t'shirt, but as I'm not really a polo shirt kind of girl, I'd love to see your new designs!! :thumbsup:

Nate's Grandpa
10-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I wore my new Intercot 10th year t-shrirt to MK last Wednesday (9/25). I was looking forward to at least speaking to other Intercot members.

Nobody said anything to me about Intercot.
I felt like the invisible man.
This was a huge disappointment to me.:(

John
10-03-2007, 01:53 PM
I wore my new Intercot 10th year t-shrirt to MK last Wednesday (9/25). I was looking forward to at least speaking to other Intercot members.

Nobody said anything to me about Intercot.
I felt like the invisible man.
This was a huge disappointment to me.:(

You know - it's like that sometimes. One day I wear my icot goods and 10 people come up to me... the next nuttin.

Natazu
10-03-2007, 03:48 PM
You know - it's like that sometimes. One day I wear my icot goods and 10 people come up to me... the next nuttin.
Anybody say things to you about you when they don't know you're you?
That used to happen to me sometimes when I had a job.

John
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Anybody say things to you about you when they don't know you're you?
That used to happen to me sometimes when I had a job.

No, not usually other than we like the site etc. I don't usually go into who I am...