PDA

View Full Version : Theme park decorations

DNS
08-26-2007, 12:20 PM
We would love to go to WDW when all the Christmas decorations are up. I noticed that the Osborne lights and MVMCP starts November 12th this year. It would be so much better for us if we could go the week before Thanksgiving week instead of waiting until December. Does anyone know when the decorations are fully out at all four theme parks?

MinnieMommie
08-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Good question. It seems as if the process rolls out and eventually all the decorations everywhere are up. Not sure if there is an exact timetable whereby the process needs to be completed. I'm sure someone on the boards will have an answer :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-26-2007, 01:40 PM
The parks are generally completely decorated by the time MVMCP starts. Some of the resort stuff (like the GF gingerbread house) doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, but you would be able to see the vast majority of the decorations before Thanksgiving.

MinnieMommie
08-26-2007, 02:52 PM
We stayed at GF one year in November before Thanksgiving and the Gingerbread House was going up when we arrived and completed by the time we left. We arrived Nov 14th. Boy did that lobby smell great! If Thanksgiving is early this year that should affect the time of the decorations. :mickey:

DNS
08-29-2007, 04:27 PM
So for those who have been down in November, does the 12th sound unusually early, or just about right for the decorations?

Main Street Jim
09-01-2007, 10:22 AM
The last two years, Christmas decorations at MK have gone up on midnight Halloween night/early am November 1st. Last year, I was handing out candy at the exit turnstiles at MK on Halloween night, and when midnight rolled around, we all (CMs) yelled, "Merry Christmas!" The guests were looking at us like we crazy or something, and one of 'em asked us why we yelled it. We said, "It's Christmas at the Magic Kingdom..." LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh - and the tree was already up over at Animal Kingdom by then....