PDA

View Full Version : best restaurants to see fireworks from?

special k
08-25-2007, 12:49 PM
My wife and I will be in DLR the first week of September. The last day we are there they are having fireworks and I was hoping some of th restaurants had good views? Anything in Downtown Disney or in the parks?

NotaGeek
08-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Hmmm. To be completely honest the only way to get the full effect of the fireworks is to watch it from the top of Main Street or in the Hub where you have a clear view of the Castle and the Matterhorn. You can't see the fireworks from Downtown Disney and the restaurants in the park won't really have any do a Priority Seating Reservation (something in the likes of The California Grill at WDW). It's just a very different thing at DLR as the hotels don't have a real "view" of the park. Trust me, eat early and watch the Fireworks from standing in the hub, it's SO worth it!

tinkwest
08-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Here's what we have done. Grabbed a spot in the hub in front of the castle about an hour before the fireworks. Sent part of our group to Plaza Inn or Tomorrowland Terrace or Redd Rockett's Pizza Port for "to go" dinners. Eaten our dinners picnic style. Discarded our trash & enjoyed the fireworks show that followed.:fworks:

special k
08-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. Sounds great. Just one question...where exactly, and what is, "the hub"...kinda a novice here :blush:

NotaGeek
08-25-2007, 07:48 PM
The Hub is the big circle in front of the Castle, the Partner's Statue (Walt holding Mickey's Hand) is in the middle ... it's the "Hub" that links all the different lands and Main Street ... :balloon:

*tinker_belle*
08-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Well i had neat dining/firework experience earlier this year. We were eating at Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. We were located on the first floor patio and when the fireworks started, you could see them through the trees from our table. It was so cool and made for a great atmosphere.
I've also eaten at the Plaza Inn i think right on Main Street and got to watch the fireworks show as we chowed down on chicken and potatos. That was also cool and was a much closer view. :)

special k
08-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks again for the info...We have reservations at the Jazz kitchen during fireworks one of the nights so I'll try to get a table with a firework view. We'll be in the hub the other night there's fireworks :mickey: