PDA

View Full Version : articulated faces?

ariel03
08-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I was wondering if the characters in the stageshow still have the moving faces?
I also heard that Timon in the Festival of the Lion King was getting this face too.
Is there any new updates on that?

DisneyNut2005
08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, it's been said that the MK's Xmas shows, "Celebrate the Season" and "Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas", are going to use the articulated character faces.

Even Pluto, Chip and Dale are going to have articulated faces in those productions when they start doing them in November.

joanna71985
08-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Dream Along with Mickey still uses them. However, I have seen days where they won't.

Brer Robert
08-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Anyone remember the Disney Afternoon Avenue from early 90's Disneyland(before Toontown)? There was a show put on there called "Plane Crazy" where Baloo, Launchpad McQuack, and Chip + Dale go on a secret mission to retrieve a spy plane stolen by Fat Cat and Don Karnage. In that show, Baloo and Fat Cat had mouths that MOVED! There's a video of it on Youtube, try to find it and see for yourselves.

Brer Robert
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I was wondering if the characters in the stageshow still have the moving faces?
I also heard that Timon in the Festival of the Lion King was getting this face too.
Is there any new updates on that?

The Timon with the articulated mouth will most likely come from Disneyland Paris, for their Lion King show has a Timon with an articulated face. I've seen a video of it and it looks both bizarre and interesting at the same time.