PDA

View Full Version : Will Disney have their own Msg Board?

MsMin
08-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Did anyone else take the survey on the Disney site for questions about using a msg board or other online tools to communicate w/ others about Disney?? It was very extensive and thorough, a well thought out survey and I've seen many times when they've popped up with a feature they've just surveyed. Anyone have any info on that?

Caroleh
08-25-2007, 07:29 AM
I saw that survey also...my question is will it be as friendly as INTERCOT?

DizneyRox
08-25-2007, 08:36 AM
That's the problem. It would probably be a couple of full time jobs to keep it clean and avoid all the anti Disney stuff that would be there.

I would be very surprised if they did something like that. I'm surprised there was even a survey about it. VMK must be a nightmare to maintain order.

Polynesian Dweller
08-25-2007, 12:24 PM
I think many (most?) got that survey. It looked like they are evaluating the companies entire web presence strategy. Disney doesn't like to see others making money on Disney stuff. They want it for themselves naturally and with all the boards out there it was a matter of time before they'd look at entering the field.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them do it. Assigning sufficient staff to operate and moderate it really isn't a significant cost to a $4B-$5B a year company.

MsMin
08-25-2007, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them do it. Assigning sufficient staff to operate and moderate it really isn't a significant cost to a $4B-$5B a year company.
I agree and from what the survey suggested they would have monitors and there would/could be a posting delay. They monitor every picture taken by photopass -- it would be nothing to them.
I do think that people will think their board would have a bias and therefore seek outside info (objective). I don't see it hurting this board b/c it is family oriented but it may inhibit new ones from developing.

Horizon93
08-25-2007, 04:54 PM
It would definitely be a managed board that would spin right for Disney. I would not be the least bit interested. Apparently someone there is reading the boards that are out there.

It would be no competition for Intercot, our great site!

Disney has to realize that they benefit greatly from all of the discussion boards exist. It has to help to generate business and loyalty to their brand.

Crow
08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
yeah i took that survey. id still come here :rocks:

The Joker
08-26-2007, 08:58 AM
If Disney "moderates" Disney-critical posts, their boards won't last long and I guess Disney knows that...

If they give perks (discounts?) to regular posters, ALL current Disney-boards will be affected by this new initiative.

DizneyRox
08-26-2007, 11:01 AM
If Disney "moderates" Disney-critical posts, their boards won't last long and I guess Disney knows that...
With the moderation they would put in place to keep their image clean, I would be surprised if it lasted a few months. It would quickly stagnate and turn into another useless resource.

magicman
08-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Personally, I'd like to see them work on getting their CURRENT WDW website more user-friendly :bang:before delving into something else.

Also, I can't see them having any luck with a discussion board IF discussions were moderated to only allow posts from the pro-Disney slant.

:rocks:

letsdoitagain
09-04-2007, 06:51 PM
INTERCOT rules....all the others droll. Enough said!:mickey:

Iluvpooh
09-10-2007, 05:29 PM
It looks like they are trying to do something. I just saw on the "news" section of INTERCOT that they are trying to start a Mom Panel for a planning board.