PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cruise for adults who.......

ASweetLov
08-24-2007, 09:31 PM
My boyfriend and I are saving up for a Disney Cruise. I'm a huge Disney fan. I love everything Disney and I have sprinkled some pixie dust :pixie:on my boyfriend who loves Disney now too(just not as much as me). What is there for 2 twenty something year olds to do on a Disney Cruise? I dont drink so doing the wine tasting wouldnt be for me, Palo's looks nice but since it is extra money we wouldn't do it, spa's are nice for a simple massage but just once. Honestly I am a big kid, I love to dance around, watch cartoons, paint/color, spend time with characters, be silly(The fun stuff):mickey:

RobWreck
08-25-2007, 11:19 AM
While I can't offer too many suggestions (aside from the daily 'Pub Crawl Challenge' - which has NOTHING to do with drinking and everything to do with thumb wrestling and trivia), I do have to HIGHLY recommend Palo's... the surcharge is only $10 (plus tip), but the meal is something that has to be experienced...
Enjoy,
Rob

TammiMcMan
08-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Just because you don't have children, doesn't mean you can't do the "family" activities. These may be things more geared towards your liking, for example Disney karaoke, trivia games, movies on the Dumbotron, Pirate night, etc. They have character sessions daily in the Atrium. During the day, it's usually for autographs and at night, it's for professional photos. The nightly shows are wonderful and they have same great entertainment in the adult lounges or you can catch your favorite team on one of the many TV's in Diversions.

I agree with Rob, you shouldn't cross Palo off your list simply because of the $10 surcharge. You may not want to give up a night in one of the other restaurants, but if you are doing at least a 4 night sailing (which repeats a restaurant), then you may want to consider it or at least look into the brunch. Skip the massage and instead invest in the Rainforest room. It's just as relaxing and you can go whenever you want. That will save you more money for pictures!

angedeaile
08-26-2007, 12:52 AM
You may want to look into a rurial treatment at the spa. You mentioned you like to paint and this is exactly just that. It is pretty much fun with mud and you get to make a mess with your partner. We are big kids too and that is the first thing on our list! I can't wait!

There is plenty of entertainment on board. The way I see it, if you are a big kid, there is plenty to do! Lots of shows and games for all ages.

Here is a list of stuff I have found on a few links that may or may not be on your cruise just for adults. Like others said, you can take part in the family stuff too! That might be more up your "big kid" alley.

The Adult Activities:
Salsa Dance Class
Sun Fun Blast —Wild and wacky games around and in Quiet Cove, our adult only pool.
Adult Improv Comedy Workshop —Laugh off daily stress.
Culinary Demonstrations —Part of the Master Chef's series.
Magic/Wonder Quest —The wildest and wackiest adult scavenger hunt ever.
Super Soaker Fun —Soak up the sun and enjoy the games.
Bingo!- From what I read, it's $20 for 5 games and there is a jackpot at the end.

And we can't forget the Pirates of the Caribbean deck party, which is for everyone. A dessert buffet, music, dancing and pretending to be a pirate....it can't get better than that.

ASweetLov
08-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks everyone:mickey: You have suggested great ideas:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
09-05-2007, 10:19 PM
As I am a 20 something (23)... and just came back from my 7 night Eastern in Jan, I can help out!!

There's Dance Parties about every night with different theme's like 60's and 70's. The Art of Entertaining with drink tastings (my family doesn't drink) and they show you many things, like how to make a certain meal from one of the onboard restaurants, how to do fruit carving, etc. Plus, anything that deals with food, you get the recipe!

There's the nightly shows in the Walt Disney Theatre, they are the BEST! The Caberets with guests comedians are adults only and hilarious! You can do just about anything! I did a Disney Music Trivia contest and WON! They often have seminars about Disney on days at sea, so those will interest you as well! They show late night movies geared toward the older crowd in the Buena Vista Theater every night. They are usually newer movies, but some oldies like a Pirates movie. If you are going during a sports playoff time, they usually have them on the Dumbotron on Decks 9/10 midship. We were there during the NFL Playoffs, so there were a few games to see.

We did Palo's Dinner and brunch. I think that if you have the time, you should do it. Its $10 a person plus tip, so its a real bargain. Its a break from the sometimes loud and cramped dining rooms. Don't miss Pirate Night or your night in Animator's Palette if you do decide to go. Those are Don't Miss Nights!!!

You will not be bored at all! These are just general things that were on the top of my head. If you would like to have more detailed events, feel free to PM me. I am more than happy to talk about it! There's nothing I love more than talking about my Disney cruise... other than Disney itself! If I can make a Disney Cruise Line addict out of my father, I can make it out of anyone!